A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Bill Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:16 AM
Jiffy's daughter, Kate, was in a very serious auto accident this morning. (Her third in six months, second in two weeks) Her car flipped a couple times and ended upside down in a ditch. The car was destroyed, but Kate somehow managed to get out under her own power and was standing up talking to the police when Jiffy arrived. She was taken to a trauma center, but appears to have no life threatening or long term injuries.
Please keep praying for her! angell
Jiffy will let you all know more when she gets home, but she wanted me to let you know the current status....
Posted By: JV Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:19 AM
She must have plenty Gaurdian Angels watching over her. Glad it is no worse then it is. Still sending prayers. Thanks Bill for letting us know.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:20 AM
Thank you Bill!!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:24 AM
Prayers of healing and safety for Kate! Please keep us posted!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:27 AM
OMG!!! Thank God she is ok!!!
I am sooooooooo sorry this is happening to all of them,
especially Kate, but especially Jiffy too. kissies kissies

Sending GREAT BIG HUGS to all of them. [Linked Image]
Thank you so much, Bill, for letting us know. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 03:40 AM
OMG, I can't believe that this is happening again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Kate!! I feel so bad for her---I'm so glad she was able to get out on her own......

Hugs for Kate, Jiffy, and Scott!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: chenno Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 04:09 AM
Prayers and Thoughts for them!
Angie
Posted By: Merme Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 04:18 AM
Thank you, Bill, for posting this.

Jiffy ~ all prayers, always.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 04:50 AM
Prayers for all of you, Jiffy.

Thank God Kate had her seatbelt on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 05:14 AM
Many prayers for Kate and Jiffy and the whole family.. angell
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 06:09 AM
OMG Hugs to you all kissies
I am so glad she is ok Jiffy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:07 AM
Thank you all kissies for the prayers, they were answered.

first the update. the car is a total loss, you'll understand when i post the pics next.

second, yes, thank God she was wearing her seat belt. she has major seat belt burn on her left shoulder/neck, and some cuts/scratches where her cross got caught underneath the seat belt, but the seat belt saved her life.

she also has the bruising/flash burns from the airbag deployment, but that too was a Godsend as it kept the steering column where it should be.

the final injuries are a very bruised nose (she will have black eyes, but the nose isn't broken), some rub burns (we don't know from what) on her arms, a sprained/bruised ankle, and misc. cuts and scratches nearly every where.

the wreck was witnessed by several people on their way to church, and after they called me and 911, they gathered in a circle around her and prayed. she went to school with one of the ems team members, and the first responder from the VFD was the parent of 2 of her friends from school.

ok, i'm ending this book so you can read while i post the pics.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:16 AM
this first picture is of the tree she hit with the right front of the car. the impact caused her car to flip in such a way that it was upside down in the ditch, and facing the way she came from. six more feet of movement would have caused the car to rest with the driver's side upside down in a creek.
[Linked Image]

this is the front quarter of the car that hit the tree, after they had flipped the car right side up.
[Linked Image]

this shows the tree and the car, pretty much where it came to rest after they righted it. it is maybe 2 or 3 feet closer to the tree than it was before they righted it.
[Linked Image]

these two are random pics of the car. the tire in the trunk is from the right front of the car. if you know about cars, it tore the inner & outer tie rods and what i think is called the torsion bar (the part that stablizes and attaches the tie rods to the frame) from the car along with the wheel.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

we were very blessed. she lived and even walked away, and tested clean and sober (i knew she would, but it is always nice to know that for a fact).

thank you all again for the prayers.
Posted By: JV Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:25 AM
Jiffy she sure had some Angles riding with her. I am surprised she lived through this let alone walked away from it with bruises. Thank God she is ok. Still prayers are going out for all of you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:33 AM
kissies thank you jimmy.

one last picture, a front view of the car. the stuff dripping on the side of it is just mud from the ditch that was running to the creek.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:33 AM
*chill bumps*
Posted By: Tonya Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:40 AM
Dang Jiffy!! She is VERY lucky to be as slightly injured as she is! Thank God she was wearing her seatbelt!!
Posted By: Squirrel Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:50 AM
Jiffy, Thanks be to God that Kate is OK! Surely He was in charge. It's the only explanation that she could possibly walk away from that car. You all will be in my prayers. kissies Sue
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Oh my - thanking God for His protection.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:53 AM
thank you sue. i agree, He was holding her in His hand for that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:55 AM
bev, i'll give you a ring in a couple of days...
Posted By: ksgardnr Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:56 AM
oh my goodness, those pictures sure scared me!!! Her guardian angels were definitely with her, what a blessing!!!
Posted By: Rosepetal Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 10:31 AM
With many prayers of thanksgiving for you and your family Jiffy, we all thank God that He had His hand with your daughter. May He bless you as you go on today and in the days to come.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 10:46 AM
Jiffy, what caused the wreck? Just wondering... I understand if it is none of my business, just say so...
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:03 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!! What a horrifying experience for you, Scott, and Kate !!! Those pictures are so scary!

Take care , Jiffy, and give Kate a huge hug from all of us. kissies kissies angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:06 AM
her right front tire caught the edge of the pavement, and because of the banking on the curve, instead of being able to correct, she was sucked down the bank, and then hit the tree, causing her to flip. she was going about 5 miles over the limit, but the fog hadn't burnt off, so the ground was wet and the pavement damp.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:10 AM
mel, i will, when she isn't so sore than she only lets me kiss her forehead! i've checked on her several times today, and she is sleeping, but wakes up enough each time to say "thank you mommy, i love you"

the wreck happened just before 9 am eastern time.
Posted By: Tonya Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:13 AM
Like I said, just wondering...I am SOOO glad she is safe and not hurt any worse. Also glad no one else was in the car- the passenger side was destroyed- it could have been really ugly. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:16 AM
thank you tonya. and yes, there is a second blessing. she was on the way HOME from taking a friend to a neighboring city. thank God he wasn't in the car with her!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 11:39 AM
this is a direct quote from kate:

thank you all for your prayers & hugs. i'm living proof that there is a God, and if you didn't believe in guardian angels, you should now. kissies thank you all again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 12:52 PM
kissies for Kate.....

I can't believe you've been in 2 accidents in such a short time.

I couldn't believe it when I read that this morning. You really DO have guardian angels....I believe.

Maybe you should just let your mom drive you around like your own personal chauffeur... wink laugh

Rest yourself and don't overdo it..... angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Jiffymouse for Kate:
if you didn't believe in guardian angels, you should now. kissies
I definitely believe in Guardian Angels, Kate.
They have saved my life, too.

Hope you feel better soon...I'm sure you are quite sore right now. Like Loz said...rest and don't overdo it!

kissies

Cindy
Posted By: angelblossom Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 02:41 PM
OM Gosh I'm just returning after 3 days and am Just reading up on everything!!

{{{{ kissies }}}} Jiffy and Family! Angels are always around us, and Kate certainly had her guide Angels to get her out from under the car!! And to keep her thoughts together enough to do so, so many people would panic! Kate you are truely Blessed! Automobiles and you will always have a silent passenger(s)..
Kate I don't know you but I DO know you are special in having Angels to help you thru the last few weeks, and that speciality resonates thru Jiffy that comes thru on the Garden Forum so Angels will always guide you thru easy and difficult times..
I truely believe in my signature and that Angels really are among us ,
Rest well and take things easy I'm sooo Happy to hear your okay !! [Linked Image]

Hugs
Diane
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 03:01 PM
Jiffy - those pictures are what nightmares are made of. I'm soooooo very thankful that Kate was wearing her seatbelt and was not injured badly.

You all have had more than your share of difficulties lately. I'm hoping that tomorrow is the beginning of a very peaceful and happy summer for you all. Loads of hugs and good wishes for you and your family, Jiffy. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 05:11 PM
Jiffy,

Oh my goodness on the accident and the pics. Thank God she is ok. Will call you once everything settles down here on Wed. kissies
Posted By: Patty S Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 06:10 PM
What a horrifying story! What a miraculous outcome!

Kate, it IS truly marvelous when we see our guardian angels in action! I too, am grateful to Him, that your injuries were minimal (considering) & am praying for rapid healing for those cuts, burns, scrapes & bruises.

Be at peace. [Linked Image] God is in charge, indeed!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 19th, 2006 at 08:13 PM
He was holding her in His hand for that.
Jiffy, I really don't think He was holding her hand through this, I believe He was holding her in His loving arms and surrounding her with His love! kissies
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 12:32 AM
Ohhh My Gosh!!
Thanks goodness she is OK!!
Hope she has a speedy recovery!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 12:58 AM
I am just catching up after my working week-end and was horrified to read and see the pictures of Kate's accident. Praises are being given to the One Who helped her to come through this alive.

Kate, please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery...

Dianna
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 01:03 AM
Me Too, i am trying to catch up and my goodness,

Prayers for Jiffy and her family kissies angell
Posted By: Kareena Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 01:33 AM
Jiffy,

Well I thought it was not possible, but Kate has passed my record of 2 car accidents in six weeks! laugh I know what she is going through. I am glad that she is ok. kissies It was hard for me to drive after my 2nd accident. I can only imagine how hard it will be for her. I even went to see a shrink shortly after mine. I still have problems driving in the rain. If some one comes up behind me too quick I have a panic attack. If Kate is having the same thing I might be a good idea for her too.

Kareena
Posted By: catlover Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 11:40 AM
kit
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
ok, here is kate tonight after dinner:

[Linked Image]

and a close up of her worst injury:

[Linked Image]

we are soooooo grateful and she asked me to thank you all again for your love and prayers.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 01:57 PM
OWIE!!!! OW OW OW!!!

That looks very sore - I hope it doesn't hurt as much as it looks like it does. But, that said, I'm so very glad it wasn't worse than that! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 02:15 PM
oh, it hurts... that and her neck hurt the worst. but, like you said, thank God it isn't worse!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 02:17 PM
OUCH!!!!! Kate I'm sorry you have that seatbelt burn, but I'm thankful that you were wearing your seatbelt. kissies angell
Posted By: JV Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 02:22 PM
You sure somebody didn't try to lynch her that looks like rope burns. shk I know that hurts bad but vasoline will help keep it soft till it heals. Prayers still running for all of you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 02:32 PM
kissies i didn't think about that jimmy, but that would also stop the scarring. i'll have to tell her.
Posted By: Patty S Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 02:40 PM
Wow, the old, old break in my collar bone hurts, just looking at that! I think if it weren't for that air bag, hers might have been snapped in two, from the looks of how much pressure was on it from the seat belt! (Have you ever tried to do anything without moving your arm? Trust me, broken collar bones hurt clear down to your fingernails!)

Speedy recovery, Kate! kissies

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tamara Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 20th, 2006 at 11:14 PM
OMG, I have to get more time to be on here. I haven't had time to go through all the topics. I am so glad that Kate is o.k. Jiffymouse after all those accidents I think it's time to lock her up in the house for awhile. wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 21st, 2006 at 05:46 AM
Originally posted by tamara:
OMG, I have to get more time to be on here. I haven't had time to go through all the topics. I am so glad that Kate is o.k. Jiffymouse after all those accidents I think it's time to lock her up in the house for awhile. wink
welll.... she kinda is... NO CAR TO DRIVE!!! laugh laugh laugh she's home this week, not working, but will go back next week. she is a lot more sore than last time ( nutz wonder why? ) but i talked to her today and she and scott were going to go try to look at the car and check out to see of they can retrieve anything.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 24th, 2006 at 12:18 AM
I am so glad to hear that she is OK kissies angell

She is definately blessed!
Posted By: Triss Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 24th, 2006 at 08:19 AM
That looks so painful. I hope it heals clean and she does not end up with a scar there. Lots of sunblock when she is outside may help with that also.
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 24th, 2006 at 07:51 PM
OUCH! frown eek frown eek That looks like it really hurts, but she's just fortunate that it wasn't any worse. angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 25th, 2006 at 01:08 AM
she is... and, the good news is that she is really starting to heal, it is starting it itch! laugh laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 25th, 2006 at 03:53 PM
ok, i'm going to finish my posts on this topic with the "last" kate update. i took this picture of her tonight, just before we went to dinner... don't she look great!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Triss Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 25th, 2006 at 04:08 PM
BEAUTIFUL!
Posted By: patches1414 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 25th, 2006 at 10:00 PM
She's beautiful Jiffy!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 26th, 2006 at 12:23 AM
What a wonderfully happy smile!
She's a treasure for sure! kissies
Posted By: JV Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 26th, 2006 at 02:18 AM
Beautiful smile and young lady of course I don't have nothing but beautiful Neices. thumbup
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 26th, 2006 at 02:46 AM
Very Pretty Nice Picture Kate!!
Posted By: Tonya Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 27th, 2006 at 02:49 AM
Beautiful! I know you are proud of her! Looks like the burn is healing nicely!! thumbup
Posted By: scojen84 Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 28th, 2006 at 01:18 PM
to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers..thankyou. kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 28th, 2006 at 02:05 PM
Kate! wavey
Yo! Cindy here... grinnnn
Hope you are feeling better and glad you have posted!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 28th, 2006 at 02:29 PM
Kate, I am so glad you came through both your ordeals with injuries that didn't threaten your life. Please, take it easy, slow down, and give your momma a break...

My son had a wreck in NC soon after I moved to SC. I have never forgotten the feeling I had when I was called.

I am happy to see you on-line and hope you will be posting more...

Dianna

P.S. You don't owe us thanks for prayers and thoughts. We do that for family naturally...
Posted By: Triss Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 28th, 2006 at 02:42 PM
Well hi there Kate! Nice to see you. Come back and chat with us some more ok!
Posted By: JV Re: Kate's Guardian Angels... - June 28th, 2006 at 05:57 PM
Hello Kate sorry I wasn't here to welcome you and talk to you when you were on. Glade you getting better. Talk to you next time if I am here.
Skunkle Jimmy
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]