A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: tkhooper Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:07 AM
I've been asked to move this hopefully I don't mess up to badly getting it here lol.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:09 AM
Episode One [this really happened]

Lady Huh walks out to the garden with her dollar store spade intent on starting a garden. (The retaining wall leans noticable).

Oh! now would you look at that. (So with one hand holding up the wall and the spade in the other hand she takes a stab at the soil and the spade bounces back.)

Huh? (She looks closely at the soil and then tries again, and again it bounces back.) Well what do you know about that!

(Lady Huh walks back into the apartment building and comes back out with a pick. One foot on the retaining wall to hold it up; both hands on the pick she swings at the soil.) Eureka that worked!

(With a lot of tugging the pick comes back up with a clump of clay firmly attached to it.) Well what do you know about that!

(She tries to pry the clay off with the spade and the spade brakes.) Well I never!

She stomps back into the apartment building muttering about how they don't make things the way they used to.

End of Episode One
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:10 AM
Episode Two [yep this one happened too.]

(Lady Huh takes a gallon jug of water, a brand new heavy duty spade and walks out to the garden. She pours the water all over one spot and then sits down next to it.) Ouch!!!!

(Underneath her bottom is a very prickly ball-shaped dwarf evergreen) (Rubbing her poked bottom she looks closely at the plant) Oh, how cute! I wonder what that is?
(Now on her hands and knees she pulls the grass up around it) and finds another, and another, and another.) [I think I found thirteen that day] What a wonderful day!

(Lady Huh bundles up the grass she has pulled up and her lump of clay and puts it over on the side of the garden to start a compost pile.)

(The Hiker gets out of his beat up van climbs up on the leaning retaining wall walks through the compost pile and up the slope smashing one of the dwarf evergreens.) Lady Huh says, "Well I never!"

She stomps back into the apartment building muttering about how they certainly don't raise children the way they used to.

End of Episode Two
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:10 AM
Episode Three [Yep this one happened also.]

(Lady Huh gets waylaid on the way to the garden by The Hiker.) Are you going to pull the grass in that there space?

(Lady Huh looks where the Hiker is pointing.) Yes.

Well uh you going to plant anything there?

(Lady Huh looks down at the flat of seedlings she is carrying and then back at the Hiker.) Yes.

Well ya' knows the soils is gonna er-road?

(Lady Huh looks at the slope with the tangle of heavy roots protruding where she has pulled up the grass.)

You think so?

Yep I do.

(Lady Huh sidesteps the Hiker and continues on to the garden.)

Lady Huh mutters to herself. "How bright can he be? He lives in his van in the parking lot for heavens sake!"

End of Episode Three
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:11 AM
Episode Four [Well there may be some truth to this one.]

(Lady Huh looks out the kitchen window and sees the Mad Mower in the garden.)

(She rushes out to the garden and stands infront of her one surviving chive.) No, no you can't mow here! I have things planted. Go mow over there where the 4 ft weeds are.

(The mad mower turns the lawnmower around and cuts the grass around the weed.)

(Lady Huh sits down beside the chive and whispers to it. Where it promptly keels over and dies.) No wonder the farmers are moving to the city.

(Lady Huh tenderly picks up the chive and lays it on top of the compost pile.)

(She sees some tall blades that look like her chive beside the compost pile and picks one.) Eureka!!!! Wild onions. What a bonus.

End of Episode 4
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:12 AM
Episode 5 [Yes, he really did]

(Lady Huh is out in the garden in the rain putting little cocktail unbrellas over the portulaca.)

(She hears a voice and looks up.) Hey are you watering the garden?

She says, "OMG are you naked?"

(The Snapdragon Snapper is standing in his kitchen window without any close showing.) No, see I have something on. (He waives a dishtowel at Lady Huh.)

(Lady Huh promptly faints on top of her portulaca.)

(When she comes too admidst the broken unbrellas, smooched plants and mud.) Well I never did!

She stomps back into the apartment building muttering about naked men and mud.

End of Episode 5
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:13 AM
Episode 6 (The general idea is taken from real happenings)

(Lady Huh is standing at the kitchen sink peeling the inner skin out of the eggshells. The snapdragon snapper is watching with a beer in his hand.) "Why are you doing that?" the Snapper asks.

Lady Huh says, "So they don't stick together when I crush them."

"Why do you want to crush them?" the Snapper asks.

Lady Huh responds, "So that I can put them in the compost bin."

(Lady Huh fills the sink with soapy water.) "Now what are you doing?" the Snapper asks.

"Washing the eggshells," she says.

'...and she thinks I'm nuts?' the Snapper thinks to himself.

(Lady Huh pulls a big sledge hammer out of her kitchen drawer. The snapper runs for the door.) "Well I wonder what bee got in his bonnet." she says.

(Lady Huh scoops up the crushed eggshells in a plastic bag and sticks them in the refrigerator.)

End of Episode 6
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:13 AM
Episode 7 (Yep he did)

(Lady Huh is out in the garden weeding a new bed for her flowers and up walks the Invader.) He says, " Hey can plant my strawberries in your new bed after you get it ready?

Lady Huh says, "No, you should plant those in a pot or they'll grown over everything."

(The Invader walks into the apartment building and Lady Huh goes back to preparing her flower bed.) Lady Huh mumbles to her self ".... jack***...."

(The Invader comes back out to the garden.) "Hey would you mind clearing out the posion ivy over there so I can plant my strawberries?" He asks.

"No." she replies.

"Well, do you know what it looks like? I'm very allergic to it." He says.

"Sure." She says. (Points to the honeysuckle. With an angelic look on her face.)

End of Episode 7
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:14 AM
Episode 8

(Lady Huh is standing beside the compost bin wearing a nurses cap and clasping a very long theomometer in her hand while she holds her nose with the other). Time to take your temperature.

(Lady Huh pulls the theomometer out and checks it.) Yep, just as I thought it is time to turn you.

(Lady Huh grasps the compost bin in both arms and rolls around on the ground with it.) Ugh, Pow, Blam *@!%$

(Lady Huh gets up all dusty and bruised and lifts the compost bin back into an upright position. On the sidelines the entire cast is applauding.) Yeee-haaaaaa!

End of Episode 8
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:16 AM
Episode Nine

[Lady Huh is busy at the sink attaching a hose to the facet. she rolls it to the front door and sits down to attach another hose to it.]

[The invader comes to his door.] "What are you doing?"

"I'm connecting hoses." Lady Huh replies wondering what it looks like she is doing. [She scoots down the hall unrolling the second hose as she goes and then tumbles it down the staircase. The Snapper/Streaker comes out of his apartment and asks Lady Huh what she is doing.] "I'm taking my hose for a walk." she replies.

[At the bottom of the stairs she attaches a third hose to the second and unrolls it around to the side of the building where she is busy attaching the next hose.] "What are you doing?" asks the mad mower.

"I'm inventing a better mouse trap." Lady Huh replies. Knowing that the mad mower wouldn't want her using up all the water on her garden.

[Finally she gets the hose to the garden and then returns inside and turns it on. Going to her window she doesn't see any water going into the garden. As she steps into the hall she is sprayed with water that is flooding the hall.
Lady Huh hurries back to the sink and turns off the water.] "I guess that didn't work." she mumbles to herself as she reaches for her mop and bucket.

End of Episode Nine
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:17 AM
Episode 10

Lady Huh walks out to the garden walks up to the tomato cages unlocks the door and picks the ripe tomatoes. "I still don't understand why tomatoes have to be caged." She mumbles to herself as she locks the first one back up and moves on to the second one. "It certainly appears to have worked though I'm getting tomatoes almost every day now."

The invader steps out of the apartment building and sees Lady Huh harvesting her tomatoes. He goes over to her. "How come you locked up your tomato plants?"

Lady Huh replies. "Lloyds of London required it for insurance purposes." She locks up the fourth cage and picks up the basket of tomatoes. "The wells fargo truck will be here any minute to pick up the harvest."

The invader scratches his head. "Why do they need to do that?"

Lady Huh smiles and says. "Well because they are 'Golden' Roma tomatoes of course." And then she walks back into the apartment building humming a tune about a sucker born every moment.

End of Episode Ten
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:18 AM
Episode 11

Lady Huh grabs her sun bonnet and spade and heads out to the weed patch to do some weeding. As she approaches the glads she sees a baby glad starting to come up next to it's parent.

"Oh look, it's a baby!!!" she exclaims happly. Gently patting the parent glad. "She's gorgeous." Lady Huh tells the mommy glad.

Lady Huh hurries back into the apartment building and diggs out her crochet hook and pink baby yarn and begins crocheting furiously. "3 together, chain..." she mumbles as the square grows and grows.

Lady Huh finishes what she is doing and rushes back out to the garden and tenderly wraps the baby blanket around the baby glad. "Oh, shes so cute." Lady says with a happy tear in her eye.

End of Episode Eleven
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:19 AM
Episode Twelve

Lady huh wearing her karate outfit goes out to the compost bin. "Time to get the gold." She mutters, as she sets her feet firmly on the ground and then kicks out hard to knock the compost bin over.

It doesn't budge. "Okay," She says with a sigh. She hikes up her pants a little higher and sets her feet again and then kicks the compost bin again this time aiming much higher. And it woobles, it tilts, and it falls over. Lady huh claps her hands and hops over to see if any of the compost looks like black gold.

"Oh, look!!!! It did it, it did. It's turned to soil." she says with a big smile.

Leaving the compost spilling out of the bin she goes back into the building and brings out her bucket, and shovel. Standing out by her compost when she returns is the Mad Mower. "What you got here Lady? He asks.

"That's black gold." She responses with a big smile.

"Don't look like no black gold to me." He replies. Looking more closely at the compost. "Well as long as you clean it up that's fine." He says eyeballing the bucket and shovel Lady Huh is carring and walks off.

Lady Huh proceeds to shovel the compost into the bucket and carry it over to her new flower bed. Gentle pulling back the cardboard bedspread on the flower bed she adds the compost and lovingly smooths it out and then pulls the bedspread back over it. The cardboard is painted with a double weddingring patchwork quilt design. "Now that's what I call a flower bed." Lady Huh says quietly to herself as she leans against her shovel and surveys the work she has done.

End of Episode Twelve
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:20 AM
Episode thirteen

Lady Huh steps outside the apartment building with a bundle of popsycle sticks. Walking up to the portulaca flower bed she puts down her bundle. "Ok children todays lession is on posture. And to help you I have brought you each your very own pole to help you stand straight." Lady Huh says in her best sunday school teacher voice. And with that she starts putting one popsycle stick beside each plant and tying them on with pretty silk ribbons.

[Sorry this one is so short. But the asthma is bothering me tonight.]

End of Episode Thirteen
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:22 AM
Episode Fourteen

Lady Huh steps outside her apartment building looks around and wets her finger and sticks it in the air. She shakes her head and goes back into the apartment.
***Next Day***
Lady Huh steps outside her apartment building looks around and wets her finger and sticks it in the air. She shakes her head and goes back into the apartment.
***Next Day***
Lady Huh steps outside her apartment building looks around and wets her finger and sticks it in the air. She smiles goes back into the apartment building and comes back out lugging a big canister of weed and brush killer spray. She is wearing a white decontamination suit and yellow highheeled goloshes. Staring intently at the mimosa trees encroaching on her little garden she lets loose with the aerosol. It coats the trees and the young blackberry and strawberry bush next to the mimosa trees. "Opps." Lady Huh mumbles with a big smile on her face. "Maybe next time he won't come pounding on my door for no reason." She says as she gives the strawberry another squirt of weed killer. "Oh my I missed." She exclaims mildly.

End of Episode Fourteen
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:22 AM
Episode fifteen

Lady Huh steps out of her apartment building wearing a candy pink nurses outfit complete with matching stethoscope and pushing a baby carriage and carrying her garden tools. She strolls over to the garden and begins digging up the dirt that is shaded by the center tree. The grease monkey comes over to the garden. "What are you doing here?" he asks Lady Huh. Lady Huh looks at the various flowers, veggies and herbs and says, "I'm building a mini mart." And then goes back to turning the soil. Once she has it all loosened she goes to the baby carriage and takes out a tiny blanket wrapped seed and places it carefully on the soil. She repeats the process again and again until she has all the late summer early fall seeds snuggly planted in there new homes. Then she hums and sings to the seeds as she gives them a good watering in their new homes.

The next day Lady Huh steps out of her apartment carrying two heavy pails of water which she proceeds to take over to the garden. Arriving in the garden she takes a small baby bottle out of her pocket and fills it with water and then proceeds to feed each individual seed that she planted yesterday. The grease monkey sees Lady Huh in the garden and comes over. "Don't you know it is the end of the growing season? Nothing you plant now will grow." He says in a very disgruntled voice. Lady Huh looks up from feeding her last seed and says, "I hope the rest of your day is more pleasant." And with that she picks up her empty buckets and returns to the apartment building.

End of Episode Fifteen
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 12:23 AM
Episode Sixteen

Lady Huh leaves the apartment building and heads towards her garden carrying her shovel and wearing her karate outfit.

"Ha!" Lady Huh says after giving the compost bin a good tumble. "Not as big and strong as you used to be are ya?" She gives the bin a smug smile as she struts over to the garden.

Half way there she hears a noise. "What's that?" she says with an intent look on her face.

The grease monkey strolls over and asks, "What are you doing?"

"Shush," Lady Huh whispers. "Do you hear that?"

"Yea," the grease monkey replies, "It's a cricket so what?"

"A cricket!" Lady Huh turns to the grease monkey and exclaims. "That's great!" Then she gives him a big hug and runs back into the apartment building.

A great deal of hammering and sawing is hear from the apartment building.

The next day Lady Huh comes out of the apartment building wearing a hot pink hard hat and matching steel toed boots with 3 inch heels and carrying a bamboo miniature apartment building for crickets. After walking around and around the garden she finally places the structure underneath the shade of the maple tree near the miniature snapdragons and dwarf evergreens.

"Here little cricket," Lady Huh calls. Looking all about the garden she tries to see the cricket but can't find it. Finally she gives up and goes back into the apartment just as dusk is falling.

End of Episode Sixteen
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 1st, 2005 at 02:12 AM
Episode Seventeen

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!!!!!!!

Lady Huh hurries to open her door. "What's the matter?" She asks as she sees The Streaker when she opens the door.

The Streaker grabs Lady Huh by the arm and drags her into his apartment and into his second bedroom. "Look look something is wrong with the cuttings!" He exclaims.

"You mean besides sitting in the dark in an arid room?" Lady Huh asks.

The Streaker flips on the light. "Is that better?"

Lady Huh looks at the cuttings carefully. "They look ready to transfer to soil they have plenty of root on them."

"Is this OK?" The streaker asks and pulls out potting soil XXX with triple strength fertilizer incorporated in the mix.

"You would be better off with something without fertilizer in it." Lady Huh answers.

"No, I wouldn't. My sister says this is the best stuff on the market and she puts her cuttings in it all the time."

Lady Huh gives the streaker a hard look. "Your sister doesn't like you either?" She asks.

End of Episode Seventeen

Yep your right. This episode is taken from real life too. Although I did change a few minor details.
Posted By: Bill Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 3rd, 2005 at 11:44 PM
Thank you for taking the time to move Lady Huh to her new home Tammy! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 4th, 2005 at 12:16 AM
Your very welcome Bill. I was glad to do it.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 6th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
Episode Eighteen

Lady Huh comes out of the apartment building carrying a large unbrella and looks up at the sky. She holds her hand outside the umbrella. "No rain? Where is the rain?"

Lady Huh folds the umbrella up and goes over to the garden. [The garden is looking wilted.] "What am I to do?" She exclaims as she looks over at the water spigot. The sign hanging on it says for fires only. She looks back up at the apartment building at her window and sighs.

Slowly with slumped shoulders she drags back into the building. A few minutes later Meezie, Jaffy, and Alphabet Cindy show up and unpack a pacel of rubber chickens. Lady Huh comes out of the building carring a big box full of cymbals, baby rattles and bongo drums and heards the group over to the garden. They each take their rubber chicken and a noise maker and begin dancing around the garden taking occassional breaks for a zinfa 'something'. Streaker sticks his head out the window sees what the women are doing and immediately closes the window and pulls the shade.

The Mad Mower and the Grease Monkey peak around the corner of the building but refuse to come any closer. As the ladies twirl faster and faster with there rubber chickens and noise makers swishing in the air the storm clouds gather. And the day grows dark and dreary and the plants begin to perk up as they smell the moisture in the air.

The ladies fall to the ground worn out from their rubber chicken dance or the zinfa 'something' and here it comes one big fat rain drop. "Plop!"

And just as the ladies begin to lose hope here comes G-Mom to the rescue.

End of Episode Eighteen

Hope you all don't mind joining me in the weed patch. It was an emergency don't cha know. lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 7th, 2005 at 10:55 AM
laugh laugh thumbup clp laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 8th, 2005 at 05:17 AM
Cool! We can reply to the episodes! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: duckie Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 8th, 2005 at 06:57 AM
clp laugh clp laugh clp

That was wonderful,Tammy.
My favorite so far. wink
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 8th, 2005 at 08:29 PM
So glad you all liked it. Yes you can reply I couldn't keep it going without your comments and sharing.
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 9th, 2005 at 03:46 AM
thanks for keeping up the great lady huh series tk. I love to read them smile
Posted By: JV Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 9th, 2005 at 06:58 PM
quote:Streaker sticks his head out the window sees what the women are doing and immediately closes the window and pulls the shade.

The Mad Mower and the Grease Monkey peak around the corner of the building but refuse to come any closer. quote: laugh
Cindy they may be smarter then you think. After all if I saw a bunch of women Quote: carring a big box full of cymbals, baby rattles and bongo drums and heards the group over to the garden. They each take their rubber chicken and a noise maker and begin dancing around the garden taking occassional breaks for a zinfa 'something'.quote: I'm surprized grease monkey didn't call Fema or Home land insecurity or even FBI (Forget Being Ivestagators). Had to be a scarey sight. laugh laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 10th, 2005 at 04:24 AM
Now JV fess up...you know you would have been out there trying to rescue those rubber chickens.

[where is the greamlin with his tongue in his cheek?]

I couldn't resist that one JV. I love the fact that you are so willing to rescue animals. It's one of your many admirable qualities.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 10th, 2005 at 08:53 AM
Cindy they may be smarter then you think.
laugh
I doubt it... lala
hooper didn't mention I had my white go-go boots on!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 19th, 2005 at 05:03 AM
Episode Nineteen

[The Mad Mower and The Nasty Neighbor are standing in front of the apartment building. A big piece of wall falls on The Mad Mowers head.]

"Owwwwwwwwww!" [They both look up and see a big hole in the building and Lady Huh sticking her head out of the hole.] "Hey, what are you doing up there?" the Mad Mower asks.

"I'm putting in air conditioning." Lady Huh replies with a gleam in her eye. 'They'll never guess what I'm doing this time lol.' She thinks to herself.

[Lady Huh works all day knocking out the east wall of her apartment while the community dodges falling bricks. Late at night the noise stops, after everyone has gone to bed.]

[The next morning The Mad Mower steps out of the building to see Lady Huh staring up at her apartment with a huge smile on her face.] Looking up the Mad Mower says, "Oh my god." then he shakes his head and returns to the building and goes back to bed.

The streaker sticks his head out of the building and takes a quick look at what Lady Huh has done. "Hi Lady "H". You know I'm planning on doing something like that. Except I'm doing the ceiling and the wall and I'm using Diamond Cut Lead Crystal for mine, from Tiffany's." he said before he turned and pranced back into the building.

Lady Huh just keeps on smiling and thinks, 'Now I have room for the houseplants I want. "hehehehe."

End of Episode Nineteen
Posted By: Bill Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 19th, 2005 at 06:41 AM
clp
Long time, no see, Lady H!!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 19th, 2005 at 04:32 PM
Hey Bill

It got kinda hectic around here for a bit. Of course my idea of hectic is a traffic light with two cars waiting.

I try to add an episode when ever the thought occurs but then I don't get them that often lol.

How is life treating you?
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 28th, 2005 at 08:44 AM
Episode Twenty

[Lady Huh sits at the dinningroom table with warm milk and christmas sugar cookies decorated like snowflakes and slowly reads through all the advertisements in the local paper.] "Well, what do you know about that. She says as one advertisement catches her attention. [She takes off her granny reading glasses polishes them on her mumu and then puts them back on her nose.] "Now where is that advertisement? Ah, there it is.

'Madame Vee De Mor Plant pysic extrodinare will travel to your home and talk to your plants and seeds to find out what they want for christmas. Make your reservations early as there are a limited number of appointments available. Telephone reservations can be made between 8 am and 8 pm @ 4-626-43468.'

"What a wonderful idea!" Lady Huh exclaims. She turns to her plants with a beaming smile and says. "Would you like to talk to Madame Vee De Mor?"

[Lady Huh verily dances across the floor to her phone and dials the number.]

"Madame Vee De Mor." the speaker on the other end announces.

"Hello, I'm so glad I caught you? Can I make an appointment for my plants?" Lady Huh inquires with a breathless voice.

There is a long pause on the other end of the line. "You want an appointment for me to talk to your plants?" Madame Vee De Mor asks. "W-e-l-l, I am very busy but you sound so nice I will try to squeeze you in if you can accept a cancellation I had for tomorrow at 10 am." she says.

"Oh yes, yes that would be perfect. Thank you, thank you so much." Lady Huh replies while she looks around her apartment and plans the cleaning and baking she will need to do to do justice to a world renound pysic.

[Lady Huh hurries around the apartment cleaning and baking cakes and petit fors and tea cakes and making cucumber sandwiches for the appointment the next day. She works so hard that she falls asleep just as she pulls the last of the baking out of the oven.]

DING DONG

"Who, Huh, What?" Lady Huh mumbles as she slowly opens her eyes and looks around her kitchen. "What am I doing in here?" She asks herself. "Oh my God! It's Madame Vee de Mor." She shrieks as she flings her apron onto the counter and runs for the door while trying to straighten her hair. Lady Huh opens the door and smiles brilliantly at Madame Vee De Mor. "Welcome, Welcome Madame I'm so glad you could come." Lady Huh gushes.

Madame Vee De Mor inclines her head regally and looks around the plant laiden apartment. "I see you have many plant friends Lady Huh. I have much work to do." If you would bring them to me I will sit here and see what each plant wishes me to tell you." Madame points at the most comfortable chair in the apartment that just happens to have the hor de dors sitting next to it on an occassional table.

"Oh, alright, I'll just get you some tea and then I'll introduce you to my plants. I can't tell you how excited I am to know what they want this year for christmas."

[Lady Huh comes back into the livingroom carrying the tea set and an African Violet. After pouring the tea she hands the plant to Madame Vee De Mor.]

"This plant wants a new bottom watering pot the kind that you can get at the new garden shop in the village." Madame Vee De Mor explains.

Next came the Purple Passion Plant which Madame Vee De Mor hardly glanced at before she told Lady Huh that the plant wanted a special 10-60-10 fertilizer that could be found at the new garden shop in the village.

As Lady Huh continued to point out her plants and watch Madame Vee De Mor devour the hor de dors her smile lessened and lessened. Until finally the last of the cucumber sandwiches being gone she finally said. "And I have one more plant for you to talk to but it's so big that we'll have to go to it. This way please." And with that she walked Madame Vee De Mor to the front door and booted her outside. "And I hope your garden shop is infested with white fly you old charliton." She hollers at Madame Vee De Mor as she boots her out.

End of Episode Twenty

P.S. Becareful while your shopping that you don't get carried away with the holiday.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 29th, 2005 at 04:36 AM
"Madame Vee De Mor Plant pysic extrodinare" Oh I love that tk!!!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 30th, 2005 at 01:01 AM
did you decipher the telephone number? I had fun with that too.

I thought "weedy more" was a nice non de plume for our con woman.
Posted By: comfrey Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 30th, 2005 at 02:41 AM
Oh I missed that about the phone number..how clever!!!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - December 1st, 2005 at 06:15 AM
Thankyou.
Posted By: Fernie Re: Lady Huh's new home - January 20th, 2006 at 03:23 PM
I love it! Can hardly wait to see what the wonderful Lady H does next!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - January 21st, 2006 at 09:10 PM
I think she went dormant with her plants lol. I haven't been able to think of a thing.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - March 25th, 2006 at 11:44 PM
Episode Twentyone

[Lady Huh is furiously setting type on an old newpaper machine. She is wearing a leather newpapermans apron and editors green visor while she works.]

"I can do this I know I can." she mumbles to herself as she works. As she finished the article she is working on she whirls away from the typesettinger work station and grabs the hat that says reporter and the press badge that says Press and rushes out to the garden.

[Lady Huh checks the hummingbird theometer and rain gage and busily jots down the amounts. Then she rushes over to the snapdragon condos.]

And she asks them what they think of the strange weather. After listening intently for several minutes she jots down several pages of notes and rushes back inside the apartment building.

[Still in her reporters hat and with her press pass dangling off of her mumu she sits down at an old fashioned typewriter and bangs out her copy. As soon as she finishes the article she reaches into the top draw and grabs a desk name plate that says editor and slaps it on the desk and then whips off her reporters hat and press badge. Placing her reading glasses on the end of her nose she picks up a red pencil and begins editing the copy.]

The Mad Hatter and the Grease Monkey stand outside by the garden quietly watching all this hectic activity. "What do you think she is up to this time?" the Grease Monkey asks. As they watch her rush into the building again after one of her interviews.

"Got me." replies the Mad Hatter refusing to be drawn into conjecture when it comes to Lady Huh.

As Lady Huh comes flying out of the building again the Grease Monkey calls out to her, "Hey, Lady Huh what are you doing?"

Lady Huh replies without turning around, "Writing the great american novel...you?" snickering as she continues on her way out to the garden she thinks 'they'll never guess.'

Finally after working all day and half the night she has the new "DAILY GARDEN NEWS" put to bed. Lady Huh falls to sleep at her desk...

The following morning Lady Huh wakes to her alarm clock and dresses in her bright red jeans and jersey top with the white go go boots on her feet that she borrowed from Cindy. With the newpapers in a bag she goes out in front of the building to sell her papers.

"Get your Paper here. Read all about it. Get your papers here." she shouts with enthusiasm as she waves her papers at the people walking along the street.

The End of Episode Twenty-One
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Lady Huh's new home - March 26th, 2006 at 02:10 AM
laugh
Well...I had forgotten who I loaned those boots to!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - March 26th, 2006 at 04:30 AM
Now you know lol. I couldn't resist you know?
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Lady Huh's new home - March 27th, 2006 at 01:54 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh I've been looking forward to hear another episode for a LONG time!! I'm so glad you did another one! I thought it was the end of lady huh frown I'm glad it wasn't! great job!! wink
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 10:33 AM
Episode Twenty-two

[Lady Huh enters the church and receives a program from one of the elders. As she sits down in a seat in the front row she reads the program from cover to cover before the service begins. All during the sermon Lady Huh appears to be deep in prayer. Her head is bowed so that all the speakers can see from the potium is the top of her china red hat and matching china red brocade dress with black piping. And of course the red go-go boots that she still hasn't given back to Cindy.]

After services Lady Huh rushes from the church with a profusion of apologies. "Sorry, can't stop." "Talk to you later." "Excuse me." She repeats endlessly as she rushes to catch her bus.

Back home she re-reads the church program. It says, "On holloween the church will host a 'Trunk or Treat' in the parking lot from 7 to 9 p.m."

Lady Huh mumbles to herself, "I hope I can rent one, there's no way I could use up that much compost if I have to buy one..." She searches quickly through the apartment and finally finds the telephone book. Plonking it down by the phone she looks up circus'.

She picks up the phone and asks the person on the other end, "How much to rent one of your elephants please?"

After an extended conversation the rental was all set. They would deliver the elephant holloween morning so that it could be decorated.

"I wonder why they wanted to have elephants for holloween. I wonder if the Bishop is loosing his hold on reality...." Lady Huh surmises quietly as she plans the decorations she'll use on her elephant.

The End of Episode Twenty-Two

I know this is just a tad early but I got the idea and then I couldn't shake it. Hope you all enjoy it. I got a kick out of it.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 10:55 AM
Thank you, Tammy!

I have been eagerly waiting on the next installment of Lady Huh. I can't wait to read the next episode. You keep me wanting more, and more, and more, and more...

Dianna
Posted By: Triss Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 11:00 AM
That was wonderful Tammy!!! I re-read through all of these again tonight! Love them all!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 11:05 AM
...and Lady Huh has never returned my white go-go boots she borrowed... lala
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 07:07 PM
Ok the question is did the "Trunk" or treat Elephant pun make sense to everyone?

Hey Cindy what can I say Lady Huh is a boot thief lol. And you have such great shoes.
Posted By: SpringFever_dup1 Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 07:19 PM
Thanks Tammy very cute story!! clp Of course The trunk or treat was [Linked Image]
Posted By: Tonya Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 08:00 PM
I am not sure how I missed this for so long, but I am LOVING it now! clp clp Keep 'em coming, Tammy!!
Posted By: penny in ontario Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 11th, 2006 at 08:08 PM
What a cute story!!!! thumbup thumbup
Posted By: comfrey Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 12th, 2006 at 10:48 AM
I'm like Triss I went back and reread all of the episodes, and enjoyed them all very much clp clp clp ...The rubber chicken dance made me think of YaYa sisterhood... laugh laugh laugh And you made me use my brain on the trunk & elephant thing...Very entertaining Tammy!!!!! I love reading Lady Huh's adventures!
Posted By: tkhooper Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 12th, 2006 at 08:08 PM
When you went back did you catch the phone number?
Posted By: comfrey Re: Lady Huh's new home - October 12th, 2006 at 09:06 PM
Yes I did, You have a very clever way of adding things to the story that makes it very entertaining!
Posted By: LoveLilac Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 7th, 2006 at 12:35 AM
Love it! how funny.
Posted By: gheerstrumpetvines Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 13th, 2006 at 06:10 AM
Okay...I tried and tried..just can't get the phone number thingy... Duh

Great stories! I just blew off doing dishes to read them... smile
Posted By: chenno Re: Lady Huh's new home - November 15th, 2006 at 01:35 AM
This is so great,I have to go read this again clp clp clp
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]