A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Merme Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 2nd, 2005 at 03:03 AM
Hi everyone ~

My best friend Angel's son, Nate, age 15, lives in another town with his dad. Last night, Nate's girlfriend Tabitha was struck by a car and killed while she was walking home. She was also 15.

Please let us remember these young people and their families in prayer.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 2nd, 2005 at 06:04 AM
Oh, Merme...that is awful!

They will be in my prayers for sure...all of them.
Poor Nate ters ...what a tender age to have his heart broken in such a way.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 4th, 2005 at 12:02 PM
Merme, I've been praying... angell

How is Nate doing...that's so sad. ters
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 4th, 2005 at 08:10 PM
Angel told me on Saturday that Nate has finally started speaking a tiny bit about it. At first he was too shocked and upset to say anything. He is a private kind of kid, anyway, so this will be hard for him to process. Angel tried to set him up with a pastor to converse with and Nate got angry... he just isn't ready yet. The funeral will be on Monday.

It is so difficult when an entire community gets impacted by a sudden death... the kids just have a hard time when it is one of their peers.

Merme
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 4th, 2005 at 10:46 PM
Yes, it impacts the young more than we realize I think. In 8th grade a classmate of mine commited suicide and it was horrible. And back then there was no special counseling or explanations or anything like that.

I pray that Nate get's some healing for his heart and the comfort that he needs. angell So tragic, especially right around the holidays. Was the person driving the car at fault? Most people would assume yes, but I know there were times when I was a teen that we would walk the "West Virginia side" to the neighboring town....Winding roads, and no sidewalks...sometimes we'd walk it at night with dark clothes on......If you hit and killed someone it would be an awful guilt to carry around with you for the rest of your life.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 5th, 2005 at 12:06 AM
Oh, Merme... I'm so sorry to hear this devastating story -
I know how very difficult it must be for Nate right now...

My nephew still has not been able to contact his roommate -
the one whose brother died in a car crash while home for Thankgiving break.

There are just tooooo many of these tragedies...
I hope Nate is able to find someone that he can confide his feelings to very soon. What happened to him is unthinkable...
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 5th, 2005 at 01:10 AM
Today our priest dedicated the entire Celebration of The Eucharist to Tabitha in her remembrance and asked for strength, peace, and healing for her loved ones.

I know this might sound peculiar, but I've been praying a special sort of prayer for Nate... that as he matures, he can cherish the memory of the real Tabitha for the girl she was when he knew her and allow that girl to be a special, beloved part of his past and not cling to her as "the only woman" -- you know?

Young love is so fragile and so intense, yet so quicksilvery coming and going as it does at times with the seasons. Since they did not have a chance to allow their relationship to take it's natural course -- and who knows where it might have led? -- I would not wish for him out of his pain to begin evaluating all future girls by the standard of the painfully lost one. Does that make any sense?

Merme
Posted By: LF from MC Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 5th, 2005 at 08:56 AM
Very, very sad Merme, sending hugs, prayers to the families.
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 6th, 2005 at 12:40 PM
Poor Tabitha's funeral was today...

[Linked Image]

May her rest this day be in the paradise of God.

Merme
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 6th, 2005 at 11:04 PM
It makes perfect sense Merme. I have recently been thinking about my son's girlfriend and how she is left with the memory of the "perfect" boyfriend. Perfect because he died before he could let her down. She is very tall and very heavy and no one had ever been interested in her so it was a gift when a handsome young man who never in his life cared what anyone looked like thought she was special. I also hope that it doesn't color her impression of other men as she enters into future relationships. Inevitably that first love lets us down but when the first love dies it romanticizes the relationship in a way that probably would not have played out the same way in reality. And fifteen is such a tender age - right on the cusp of maturity but still children at heart. Thinking of him and of you because any loss, especially a child, is hard on everyone around.
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 6th, 2005 at 11:11 PM
Bev ~ Would you mind if I copied your post and emailed it to my friend Angel? I think what you wrote would be very helpful for her as Nate's mom to be better able to help him through this thing.

And oh, I'm sorry for your own very personal loss.
ters

Merme
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 6th, 2005 at 11:14 PM
Today...my thoughts and prayers are with you Cindy Friend...and your family... kissies

~V~
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 6th, 2005 at 11:26 PM
that would be fine Merme.
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 7th, 2005 at 01:41 AM
Let us all remember to pray for Bev, her family, and her dad until we hear from her again...

Merme
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 7th, 2005 at 04:14 AM
Hi everyone ~

My friend Angel, mom to Nate, asked me if I would post this email to all of you:

"I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and support. Maybe someday the family will know how much Tabbee"s story has reached so many across the country.

Nate has finally confided in his friends, huge step for him, and decided to go to the funeral service. He has started to grieve which is the first step to healing.

Please continue to pray for Tabbee"s family as loss of a child never really ends.

Again thank you all for your support and prayers for my son and your care and support for my very special friend Merme.

Angel"

Thanks you guys.
Merme
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 15th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Let's all remember Melcon's surgery for this Friday at 8:30 AM.

And, keep in mind that a big snow storm is predicted for Friday...

Merme
Posted By: shamrock316 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 16th, 2005 at 06:50 AM
Please also remember our (mine and afgrey's) cousin's husband in your prayers. Tomorrow he has both valves in his heart replaced.

Thank you,
Les
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 16th, 2005 at 11:16 PM
Yes...please remember Craig in your prayers, friends.
He is in surgery right now.
Posted By: JV Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 16th, 2005 at 11:54 PM
Shamrock,Cindy prayers going up for Craig Hope he comes through with flying colors [Linked Image]
Jimmy
Posted By: JV Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 17th, 2005 at 12:04 AM
Please remember my youngest son Alan in your prayers. Just got E-Mail from his mother they found more tumors in his groin,and along his spine. Sorry I can't remember everywhere she said don't have much of a mind tday. According to her he said he will not take Chemo or anything for cancer if that is what it turns out to be. Most will remember he lost one testical to cancer earlier this year so he is not looking forward to this he is 31 y/o.
Jimmy
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 17th, 2005 at 02:55 AM
Praying for Craig and Alan.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 18th, 2005 at 12:28 AM
Sending strong wishes that Craig and Alan get through their ordeals smoothly and come out with a clean bill of health.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 19th, 2005 at 08:18 PM
I would like to add my daughter to the prayer chain that we have here at The Gardener's Forum. And, please, say a little one for me, too...

Dianna
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 19th, 2005 at 10:48 PM
oh, Dianna... I'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is not doing well.
I'm sending lots of hugs [Linked Image]and well wishes to you and her,
in hopes that you both are on the mend soon! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 20th, 2005 at 07:04 AM
Praying for your daughter, Dianna...and you.

kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 20th, 2005 at 07:34 AM
Praying for you and your daughter Dianna.
Posted By: Francine Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 29th, 2005 at 06:18 AM
merme,

how awful,i hope they get the driver and put him in jail or something.

my prayers are with them.
Posted By: JV Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 30th, 2005 at 04:57 AM
Update on Alan I really thought Sherrie would post this update I told her she needed to. The call I got today as posted in the latest coffehouse about leaving the phone on for this call. Well Alan called and said got results back from his ct scans he had earlier this week if you remember the above post about his tumors. Well praise God they Tumors are no only not cancerous but the Tumors they found just a little bit ago are gone acvcording to what Alan and Sherrie told me. So today I didn't mind being woke up. IU want to thank each and everyone of my very dear friends here for your prayers and support of my youngest son.
Jimmy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - December 30th, 2005 at 05:08 AM
Wonderful news Jimmy....I am sure that is a great relief to all!!!

~V~
Posted By: JV Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 04:06 PM
Vanessa my prayers are going out to you very fast. Be careful get back safely . We all will miss you here .
Jimmy
Posted By: Bill Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 09:35 PM
Could you please add Jiffymouse and her family to your prayer list? I can't give you details but trust me, your prayers and good thoughts are needed! angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 09:45 PM
Bill...I am going to get down on my knees right now and pray for Jiffy...and Vanessa...and everyone on the forum. ters
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 10:08 PM
Sending my prayers to Jiffy kissies
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 10:14 PM
Prayers for all that need them...

Dianna
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 4th, 2006 at 11:42 PM
Sending out special prayers for Jiffy
and her family...
And Vanessa, and Pea~nut and Ruf...
*Tammy and Cindy too*
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 5th, 2006 at 05:49 AM
Oh, my... sending all my strongest wishes that everyone here has some relief from all their pain and suffering.

I actually came here to ask for some prayers from you all too!

My cousin, age 52, who is a paraplegic (I've mentioned him before a bit) was hospitalized yesterday for acute renal failure, and congestive heart failure. I just found out this afternoon. They think it is due to the many many medicines he is on, and they hope it will be reversible. I am waiting to hear back from his wife - when I called her back, the doctor came into the room and she had to go.

Thanks for adding him to your list! kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 5th, 2006 at 08:13 AM
Sending Prayers to your Cousin, Lynne...

kissies kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 5th, 2006 at 10:11 AM
Oh, Lynne...I will most certainly be praying for him. kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 5th, 2006 at 10:32 AM
Prayers for Jiffy and for your cousin Lynne.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 6th, 2006 at 07:52 AM
Thanks, guys! So far your prayers are working wonders!
He's in full recovery from the renal failure - they took him off of his many many many medicines, and he is now coherent and in just a little bit of pain. They are moving him to the cardiac floor as I type, because his heart is still racing - some of that might be because he just hates to be in the hospital, and that's why he got as bad as he did - he kept refusing to go...

So, thanks again for all your kindness!
Posted By: JV Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 6th, 2006 at 10:33 PM
Prayers for jiffy and family, Lynnes cousin,Tammy,Vanessa and everyone needing prayers also for the coal miners families in Va.
angell
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 8th, 2006 at 09:01 AM
Please if you have a few moments say a prayer for Joe. He's my good friend Sherry's husband.

Thursday night there was a riot at the maximum security prison he works at just up the road and he was in it. 17 prisoners attacked 3 guards while other inmates blocked the backup from getting through to them. One was seriously injured and is still in the hospital(not sure of his name but say a prayer for him too).

Sherry said Joe had his cuffs taken off him and his mace and was beaten with his cuffs, and he has a fractured wrist and may need surgery on it....he's totally black and blue she said and in a lot of pain....but I believe the worst part is the mental part of it.....He hasn't been sleeping and last night when he did fall asleep for a bit he woke up screaming 3 different times. He's supposed to go back to work on the 13th, but she doesn't think he'll be ready--so I'm praying for him to have strength. angell

It's sad you know? And these inmates don't care because they're in jail for 2 or 3 life terms already..... mad
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 8th, 2006 at 09:17 AM
I'll be saying some prayers for him...
I have several people that I know that are
guards.. and know exactly what they live thru..

*and we had the Attica uprising here in New York,
way back when and my relatives lived there, and
we were worried for them and the town when we first heard the story...

Sending many, many prayers...
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 9th, 2006 at 10:57 AM
loz - I am sending your friend's husband the strength to get through this horrendous ordeal! I can't even begin to fathom the fear he must have of returning to that place!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 14th, 2006 at 09:14 AM
Jiffymouse called awhile ago...
She needs us to pray for her son, Matthew.
Please pray for him, and Jiffy, and her entire family.

We really seem to be able to move mountains here when we pray for one of our friends.
Let's please do it for Jiffy.

Cindy
Posted By: jonni13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 14th, 2006 at 09:57 AM
My prayers are there for matthew and Jiffy.
~Tina
Posted By: Bill Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 14th, 2006 at 10:00 AM
ters
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 14th, 2006 at 10:17 AM
Prayers being said here for Matthew, Jiffy and the family.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 14th, 2006 at 10:48 AM
Sending love and strength to Jiffy, Matthew, and family. kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 15th, 2006 at 10:34 PM
I for one have been the recipient of many answered prayers...and it is so very refreshing to know that we can call on our forum friends to support us in any way when we are in need. This morning Jiffy is really on my heart...her and her family. But also..several of our forum family members that have been battling some illnesses and ...broken bones. So...although I cannot go to church this morning..I am having an extra special quiet time...and my forum friends are at the top of the list... luv

~V~
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 22nd, 2006 at 12:24 PM
We learned this week that my husband's mother has stage 4 lung cancer that has already metastasized to her bones. My dad is bleeding internally, has had 5 units of blood this week and we still don't know why or where he is bleeding from.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 22nd, 2006 at 12:28 PM
Bev...you certainly have my prayers.

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 22nd, 2006 at 12:30 PM
Bev, your Mom~in~law and Dad are in my prayers as well... kissies kissies kissies
Posted By: Merme Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 23rd, 2006 at 09:42 AM
My friend Chuck, the quadrupalegic you all prayed for last autumn when his internal respirator went bad, was taken to the hospital late this afternoon. The doc suspects pneumonia.

Please remember Chuck and his wife Robyn. Chuck is so fragile and Robyn has many health issues of her own, so any time away from their own home and routine is hard for them both.

I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Merme
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 23rd, 2006 at 09:45 AM
Oh Merme..my heart, thoughts and prayers are with Chuck and Robyn. My boyfriend is quadriplegic...I know the fear, I know the pain.

Christina
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 23rd, 2006 at 10:11 AM
Bev, Your MIL and father are in my prayers.

Merme, Your firends are also in my prayers as are you and maxi.
Posted By: Bill Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 08:38 AM
Prayers for Matthew (Jiffy's son) Please?
Matthew is having sort of emergency surgery this evening at 6 to have another one of those spots (MRSA aka "hospital staph") removed. this one is about the size of a golf ball and is on the back of his neck at the base of his skull. can you say UGH? I just found out about 3:30, when he did. he called kate, she called me. it was too big for the dr to be willing to mess with it in their office. I'll call someone when he gets out.
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 08:39 AM
Thanks for letting us know Bill. Praying for them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
I'm praying too! angell
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 08:46 AM
Sending prayers to Matthew and Jiffy..
kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 08:53 AM
Me, too.....
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 11:14 AM
oh, my - sending my strongest wishes for this to be an easy thing for him to get through.

Jiffy and Mathew - kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 25th, 2006 at 11:59 PM
MY prayers are with Jiff & her family, Jimmy & Lynnie this morning. I feel as though I have neglected my forum family a bit lately...but I can assure you that I have NOT neglected to pray for you all!!!!

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 26th, 2006 at 01:30 AM
thank you all kissies from what we could tell, the surgery was successful, but he now has a hole the size of a ping pong ball in the back of his neck. he went back "home" to the place where he has been staying, and I can't help but feel that your prayers are part of why the surgery was so sucessful so quick. He does have follow up care with the dr. on thursday (tomorrow). the dr was great thumbup Now if we can just get his attitude prayed better, we'll be good laugh laugh
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 26th, 2006 at 02:51 AM
Jiffy, Thanks for the update. We are still praying for Matthew and your entire family.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 27th, 2006 at 10:57 AM
Jiffy...you are one heck of a strong woman!!! I am praying every minute for you & Matthew...you have a lot going on and it can be exhausting...take REALLY good care of you...and I know you are already taking care of Matthew! kissies We love you Jiff...

~V~
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 01:46 AM
Hey guys I need some prayer for my nephew Cory...he got himself into a lot of trouble last night(don't want to go into details really--but it was a major, major mess up) and will probably be sent away to juvenille...he's been on probabtion too so this newest screw-up will really be bad on his record. If you could say a prayer for him and then maybe one tonight around 7pm when he has to go down to the police station..... Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 02:06 AM
Okie dokie, loz..... kissies
Praying everything will work out.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 02:13 AM
Thanks Cindy kissies ......I really appreciate it so much because we are all at the end of our rope with Cory...nobody knows what to do anymore to make things better. And the power of prayer can be so amazing.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 02:47 AM
Laura, it may be the very thing he needs, you just never know.. it may come to really helping him where maybe others' couldn't...

He will be in my prayers...
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 04:47 AM
Loz, Your nephew and the entire family will be in my prayers. This will be hard on everyone and I pray for strength for you all.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 29th, 2006 at 10:35 AM
loz - I too, and hoping for a good outcome from this difficult ordeal. As everyone else has said here, sometimes it does have to get to this point for things to start turning around - I hope this is as low as it gets for Cory and your family! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 03:43 AM
Thanks everyone--it means a lot to me.....I'll keep you all updated on his progress.... kissies
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 06:18 AM
I've just learned that my dad stopped breathing, was resuscitated and intubated. He was found to have an acute rapid bleed somewhere in the upper abdomen. I just spoke to him on the phone this morning. He sounded terrible and all he wanted was my mother to get there quickly. I'm flying to NJ tonight. Please pray that he lives until I get there.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 06:21 AM
Oh, Bev.....you certainly have my prayers.
For your dad, your entire family...and a safe trip for you.

kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 06:31 AM
Many, many prayers Bev for your entire family. angell angell angell
Posted By: sybil Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 07:05 AM
I hope that everything turns out well for your father..Sending good thoughts your way luv
Posted By: Patty S Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 09:24 AM
Scary time for you & your family, Bev.
Prayers all around... especially for your Dad. [Linked Image]
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 10:13 AM
Bev - thinking of you and your family, and hoping things make a good turn around for your dad.
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 10:41 AM
Bev, Praying for you and your entire family during this terrible time.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 10:56 AM
Bev, sending loads of strength for you and prayers upon prayers for you dad *and family*
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - January 30th, 2006 at 12:50 PM
Bev,
I am praying too- !
Nana
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 2nd, 2006 at 10:06 AM
I know I have never specifically posted a prayer request for our overall family well-being, but I also know that many of you pray for us, just as I pray for you. And those unworded prayers were answered today for us and I wanted to post a Praise of thanks. And to thank you all for thinking of us.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 3rd, 2006 at 12:19 PM
Triss I'm so glad that you had prayers answered....that's always such a great blessing.
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 3rd, 2006 at 01:31 PM
It is indeed Loz!
Posted By: mrsmessy Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 12:06 PM
My dad passed away on thursday, he fought hard but there was just too much damage - he lost so much blood he needed 10 units and then continued to bleed slowly and it was too much for him. I was with him until the end and it was a privilege to be holding his hand when he left this earth. A few hours before he died he opened his eyes, looked right at me and even though he could no longer speak he mouthed the words "I love you". I had prayed that he would have a gentle death and a moment of clarity before the end where he could tell my mother he loved her and the best gift of all was that there was a message for me as well.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 12:08 PM
Bev, I am soooo sorry. I know you are hurting and I just wish I could be there to give you a comforting hug... kissies

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 12:09 PM
Oh Bev kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 01:03 PM
Oh Bev, I am so sorry for your loss. Your words made me cry cuz I know those last moments are just so precious and I am so glad that you got to be with your dad and have that very special moment with him to hold on to until you see him once again in Heaven. Prayers for your family as you all go through the coming days and weeks ahead.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 01:11 PM
Ditto what Triss said........

It is truely a blessing to be there for those last minutes, and for you to have your prayer come true for you father's passing...
and for him to be have that moment of clarity,
and say those words to you....*sends chills up my spine*
***Ronald Regan did the same thing with Nancy, it was very touching when she shared that***

I will send some prayers for you and your family Bev....
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 7th, 2006 at 10:22 PM
Bev ~ I'm so sorry to learn of your dad's passing.
How special for you to have been with him, and to have those wonderful words to hold onto.

Hugs to you and yours during this time of mourning. [Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 16th, 2006 at 03:12 AM
I'm leaving now to pick Brennan up and go see Rachel before she has the cancer removed. It will take several hours, I'm sure.

Please say a prayer for her.

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 16th, 2006 at 03:24 AM
Sending prayers to Rachel...

Sending blessings to the surgeon too,
to guide his hands thru the surgery... kissies angell

*Well wishes for Brennan too*
angell
Posted By: Francine Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 17th, 2006 at 01:36 PM
PEOPLE,

the 19 th. will mark the 60 th. anniversary of iwo jima .on that day lets take time to pray for those who lost their lives,those who lost limbs,those who lost their friends and sometimes those who lost their faith.

let s never take anything or anyone for granted,specialy life.

humbly,in memorium.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 05:06 AM
My mom just called to tell me that Dads heart tests came back abnormal..... eek

He has to go on Monday and have a heart catheterization done.... eek

Please could you all say a prayer for him, he's 75 years old and it really worries me a lot....I've always been a daddys girl....
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 05:09 AM
Loz, Your dad and entire family is in my prayers. I hope that the Dr's are able to take care of him quickly through this proceedure.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 05:14 AM
Thank you so much Triss....as you get older procedures get riskier so it worries me a lot. I just pray that he doesn't need to have a pacemaker put in, or that he doesn't have a bad blockage....

Poor dad....he has high BP, high cholesterol, and this heart thing....and he's so skinny and fit that it surprises me that he has all of this stuff going on.

I really appreciate the prayers Triss! kissies
Posted By: Triss Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 05:19 AM
ANytime Loz. I hope that they can fix things easily too with no further surgery.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 07:02 AM
loz - I, too, hope that your Dad does well on Monday and that he doesn't need further surgery.

I also want to remind you that my mom had a pacemaker put in 5 years ago, at 73, and it has been helping her tremedously. She uses it all the time, which means that she really needed it, and I'm glad she got it, as the alternative doesn't sound good.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 09:32 AM
Thanks for the prayers Lynne....that's very encouraging to know your mom got one and is doing well! thumbup

He's just getting up there in age and it makes me nervous.

He doesn't even know that he has to go and have the cathaterization done yet....Mom got the call after he went to work.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 18th, 2006 at 11:31 AM
I'm saying the same as Lynne, my father~in~law just had one put in, he's feeling sooooo much better now, and can get out and about and is looking soooo much better...
So, I'm saying, it might be just the ticket your dad needs....

The only one thing I will tell you, is that once he gets it in, there's one or two things he shouldn't do is run a weed~whacker...*or something with a spark plug that would be close to the proximity of himself/body/torso....*
the spark from the spark plug can make the pacemaker skip a beat... but as long as he knows it, ther'es no problem..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 19th, 2006 at 12:04 AM
Aren't you supposed to not be around microwaves and stuff too?

I'm thinking it may just be a bit of a blockage, maybe they'll put a stent in. Dad doesn't look bad, and he feels good other than this irregular heartbeat....He said at night it's terrible trying to get to sleep when you keep feeling it beating funny.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 19th, 2006 at 12:08 AM
I believe so, but can't not atest to it..
(I know places have to have signs up where
there is a micro wave that possibley could be
in use and they know it)

Could be just a funky valve cover or something..
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 19th, 2006 at 08:44 AM
The other thing about pacemakers, loz, is that you can't go on the rides at adventure parks! When we went to DisneyWorld with my parents a few years ago, they had signs posted everywhere - not that she would have gone on them anyway!!!!!!!
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 19th, 2006 at 10:21 AM
Prayers for your dad, Laura. And you, too...

Dianna
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Prayer & Get Well Wishes List, Part III - February 20th, 2006 at 08:45 AM
Hey Lynne, that's good to know though kissies

BTW, I thought his catheterization was this monday, but it's next monday.....He said he wasn't nervous about the results though, that whatever it would be it would be. I think I'm more nervous than he is.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]