A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Wyllow *waves hello* - April 24th, 2005 at 01:54 PM
Hello all,

Just joined today (after spending a week or two browsing the Garden Helper and only just noticing there was a forum too!).

I'm very new to gardening, I don't really have a garden as such, just a miserable little concrete and 'tarmacced' backyard that I am determined to bring to life. So far I've bought one of those little plastic covered greenhouses and a couple of plants (Rosemary and Lavender) that I am determined not to kill off this time.

I have a bunch of probably annoyingly basic questions, but I shall save myself from asking them until I've had a good ol' browse through the forums, 'cause I'm sure they must have been asked already.

Just want to say a quickie hello and say thanks for this great forum! From what I've read so far, you guys seem really lovely and helpful smile .

Happy growing,

Wyllow smile
Posted By: tkhooper Re: *waves hello* - April 24th, 2005 at 02:29 PM
Um Wyllow,

If you don't have much luck with those, there are a number of other plants that are easier to grow. Since it looks like you like herbs to start I would suggest Basil. There are lots of varieties to choose from and they are all beginner friendly. I know cause I have a black thumb and they even grow for me. Chives and Green Onions are also really easy. Parsley hasn't given me any problems either. And the cilanto I got this year is being very forgiving even when I transplanted it outside without harding it first. Marigolds are also considered a herb but are also a lovely flower that is very easy to grow even from seed. I didn't check where you are from but if you know your growing zone that's really important to what you choose for your garden. Also how much sun it gets per day.
Posted By: SN Re: *waves hello* - April 24th, 2005 at 02:45 PM
Hi!

Welcome! I love to grow herbs, they are one of my successful endeavors.

Please feel free to ask any questions around this forum. There are lots of great gardeners here.

wavey
Posted By: obywan59 Re: *waves hello* - April 27th, 2005 at 03:11 PM
Hi Wyllow! wavey Welcome to the Gardener's forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: *waves hello* - April 27th, 2005 at 03:18 PM
Hey, Wyllow! wavey Jump right in and make yourself at home. grinnnn

Dianna
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]