This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#126499 April 24th, 2005 at 01:54 PM
Wyllow Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,

Just joined today (after spending a week or two browsing the Garden Helper and only just noticing there was a forum too!).

I'm very new to gardening, I don't really have a garden as such, just a miserable little concrete and 'tarmacced' backyard that I am determined to bring to life. So far I've bought one of those little plastic covered greenhouses and a couple of plants (Rosemary and Lavender) that I am determined not to kill off this time.

I have a bunch of probably annoyingly basic questions, but I shall save myself from asking them until I've had a good ol' browse through the forums, 'cause I'm sure they must have been asked already.

Just want to say a quickie hello and say thanks for this great forum! From what I've read so far, you guys seem really lovely and helpful smile .

Happy growing,

Wyllow smile

#126500 April 24th, 2005 at 02:29 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Um Wyllow,

If you don't have much luck with those, there are a number of other plants that are easier to grow. Since it looks like you like herbs to start I would suggest Basil. There are lots of varieties to choose from and they are all beginner friendly. I know cause I have a black thumb and they even grow for me. Chives and Green Onions are also really easy. Parsley hasn't given me any problems either. And the cilanto I got this year is being very forgiving even when I transplanted it outside without harding it first. Marigolds are also considered a herb but are also a lovely flower that is very easy to grow even from seed. I didn't check where you are from but if you know your growing zone that's really important to what you choose for your garden. Also how much sun it gets per day.

#126501 April 24th, 2005 at 02:45 PM
SN Offline
Hi!

Welcome! I love to grow herbs, they are one of my successful endeavors.

Please feel free to ask any questions around this forum. There are lots of great gardeners here.

wavey

#126502 April 27th, 2005 at 03:11 PM
O
O
Hi Wyllow! wavey Welcome to the Gardener's forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions.

#126503 April 27th, 2005 at 03:18 PM
Hey, Wyllow! wavey Jump right in and make yourself at home. grinnnn

Dianna

Link Copied to Clipboard