A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: afgreyparrot Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
Ask me a turkey question!

I don't know the answer, but ask me anyway! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:07 AM
Ever pluck a turkey Cindy Lou?? Duh
Posted By: duckie Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:14 AM
wink they taste so good!!Why are they so ugly?

ducks are so beautiful, grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:18 AM
Do you really have to remove the boblits? Duh

~V~
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:23 AM
What the hell is a "boblit"? Duh

As you can see, I know nothing!
But that doesn't stop me! grinnnn

I have seen and tried a cooked duck (sorry, Duckie...it was before I met you!)...and it was really greasy! frown

Ever pluck a turkey Cindy Lou??
No...I had the opportunity once but got freaked out when they cut the turkey's head off...and it ran around the yard for an hour with no head.

Anymore questions??? grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:28 AM
As you can see, I know nothing!
Well..Ruf said you were batting 100%....all you need to know about getting the turkey ready...is how to remove the cork! And you have that down pat!!!! thumbup

~V~
Posted By: shamrock316 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:34 AM
I have a turkey... Duh

Leslie
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:37 AM
Les!!!

As Ruf says...just pop the cork! laugh grinnnn
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 12:12 PM
Rachel Ray get out of the way. Here comes Cinja, Chef Extraordinaire.
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 12:18 PM
Originally posted by shamrock316:
I have a turkey... Duh

Leslie
Gobble, gobble, gobble it! muggs
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 12:20 PM
That's the only Turkey that's cookin around here tonight! laugh

~V~
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
Afgrey! Afgrey! Help, Help, Help!

I got a turkey running all OVER my kitchen AND my attendant left the roaster in the cabinet way HIGH over my head AND I'm supposed to seat 122 people tomorrow at 11 AM...

Oh, by the way, the only reason the Duck tasted greasy was because whoever cooked it didn't know how to do it right. Ducks, like goose, have to have a high fat content to keep warm in cold water and for the waterproofing. A good cook knows how to get most of the fat out before cooking the thing...

thumbup

Merme
Posted By: Meg Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 08:32 PM
I don't have to cook one this year, so really, no advice is needed! laugh Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll!! We're headed out to PA to visit the folks in just a short bit. We started to head out last night, but got such a late start, and then the snow really started to pick up and we weren't in the truck.. so we turned around. We were only 45 minutes from home.. so it sure beat guessing how much more we'd hit over the next likely 4 hours..lol. We're gonna get the truck loaded up & take it instead.

See ya'll later!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 08:42 PM
I don't like to wait for dessert, do you think stuffing a pumpkin pie into the bird is a good idea?
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 08:57 PM
Dear Cindy,
A good hour in the oven oughta' be plenty of time to cook my turkey, wouldn't ya think?
Christina
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 09:44 PM
Afgrey! Afgrey! Help, Help, Help!

I got a turkey running all OVER my kitchen AND my attendant left the roaster in the cabinet way HIGH over my head AND I'm supposed to seat 122 people tomorrow at 11 AM...
Well, I guess I don't have to worry about this question, since you posted it last night...and you've obviously handled the situation or pulled all your hair out by now. thumbup laugh

the only reason the Duck tasted greasy was because whoever cooked it didn't know how to do it right.
That would have been ME! laugh laugh p

I don't like to wait for dessert, do you think stuffing a pumpkin pie into the bird is a good idea?
That's just wrong! frown
But, I will PM you something that is also wrong, but pretty entertaining! laugh

A good hour in the oven oughta' be plenty of time to cook my turkey, wouldn't ya think?
Oh, yes...if the turkey is under 30 lbs. an hour is fine. lala Make sure you turn it over after 30 minutes.

Cindy Chef NOT
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
LOL!!! laugh laugh
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 09:49 PM
Thanks Cindy!
I knew I could count on you!!
Signed, "Relieved"
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 09:51 PM
What do you do when you have a turkey that won't stop saying "Eat more ham" over and over again????? lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:13 PM
Loz...is that turkey silver with a red tail? Duh

That sounds like a smartass parrot I know... shk lala
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:14 PM
Originally posted by loz:
What do you do when you have a turkey that won't stop saying "Eat more ham" over and over again????? lala
Send it back to the chopping block?

Merme
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:17 PM
Seriously, it is a good thing I am not having company today... I DO have a 16 lb turkey in the fridge that I'm not strong enough to lift. And the roaster is in the cabinet way high, high up.

So... I will wait til tomorrow when someone comes and ask for a helping hand.

Right now it is off to make a whoppingly good pot of coffee to wake me up the rest of the way.

We are having big snow today...

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:23 PM
Cinja Chef,
I need some help, really fastttttttt, really fastttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!
What do I do with the Turkey sleepin' in
my bed, I can't get him up....
What should I do, try to coax him out,
trick him, or cook him there???????? grinnnn lala
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:27 PM
laugh You could get in bed with him..... laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:28 PM
I did last night!!!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:40 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's just wrong!
But, I will PM you something that is also wrong, but pretty entertaining!
I'm waiting lala
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 10:40 PM
Originally posted by loz:
laugh You could get in bed with him..... laugh
I would be okay with that except those little birdie feet could be so annoying!

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:06 PM
I can't get him up....
What should I do, try to coax him out,
trick him, or cook him there????????
If that happened at MY house, I'd get him UP! grinnnn grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:08 PM
thumbup laugh laugh thumbup clp

Gobble-Mom
Posted By: Fernie Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:17 PM
Happy Turkey Day Ya'll. I am feeling a mite southern as I am fixing biscuits and gravy this a.m. for breakfast. I was so organized yesterday I haven't anything to do this morning! LOLOLOL
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:26 PM
I was so organized yesterday I haven't anything to do this morning!
I would scare myself if I was organized. frown
I just had punkin pie for breakfast. YUM! grinnnn
Now Lola is mad mad because I took the whipped cream away from her.
:rolleyes:
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:31 PM
I love pumpkin pie, it's my favorite!
thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:35 PM
Mel...I just PM'd you a few entertaining things to do with excess turkey parts in case you get bored! lala

I always like to entertain everyone by sticking my hand up the turkey's whatchamacallit and holding it up so it can dance to "Stayin' Alive"! laugh shocked laugh
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:37 PM
laugh laugh laugh
I got them! Great ideas!

New question: What is that thing called that hangs down from the turkey's neck? Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:39 PM
Bling Bling????? Duh laugh
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:40 PM
No, I think that's jewelry for the hip-hop crowd.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:42 PM
Hey, my sister is shaving my brother-in-law's back right now!

Maybe I should move that post to Afgreys Turkey Hotline, cuz I think she should be plucking him.............................

So, new question:
Pluck or shave?
Duh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:43 PM
No, I think that's jewelry for the hip-hop crowd.
...then I'm gonna have to Google for this answer! shk
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:44 PM
New question: What is that thing called that hangs down from the turkey's neck?
a waddle
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:47 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, Bill ~ Nice to see you on!

Oh, and Fernie, I'm sending you a PM, coz I owe you one, my friend, I really do...

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:49 PM
A WADDLE! ! ! ! ! laugh laugh laugh
I would have never thought of that word.
Is that for real what it's called?
Ya learn something new everyday! Duh
Is he going to a ballgame? nutz
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:54 PM
So, new question:
Pluck or shave?
Definately pluck..
Who wants stubble?????
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 24th, 2005 at 11:55 PM
a waddle
And I do not WADDLE!!!
I'm walkin' a little funny after that Turkey,
but I don't waddle!!!
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:00 AM
Yes, afgrey, it truly is called a "WATTLE"...

spelled with T's it means the turkey neck thing; spelled with D's it is the crazy walk thing.

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:05 AM
Hi everybody! wavey

This is all I have to say on the subject...

[Linked Image]

so now... pluck, or shave??? laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:09 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is just tooooooo funny Lynne!!! laugh wavey
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
Although this thread is dedicated to turkey questions, can I ask a non-turkey question?

Does anyone know if you can add ricotta cheese to an omelette?

I've got just a dab of the stuff left over from another recipe and I'm not sure what to do with such a small amount, but I'm thinking breakfast?

Merme
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:14 AM
I know it bakes well, in the oven,
so it can take heat.... try a small smidgon
on a small amount and see first?????
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:31 AM
Oh, Lynne! laugh You just made my day!
laugh [Linked Image] laugh

Although this thread is dedicated to turkey questions, can I ask a non-turkey question?
Well...I have a non-turkey question... :rolleyes:
I've had my ham in the oven for about 45 minutes...and I started smelling plastic burning... shk
...I forgot to take the plastic off of it before I started cooking it. shocked

Reckon I can cut it off now and the ham won't taste like melted plastic?
Or should I get out the back-up ham? nutz
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:33 AM
Does anyone know if you can add ricotta cheese to an omelette?
I use ricotta in omelets....it's wonderful! Don't be shy.

Christina
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:37 AM
Or should I get out the back-up ham?
I'm not sure...what I've read so far, you're knowledge with cooking far exceeds mine Cindy. I would think you'd be the only one who knew what to do. wink

Christina
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 12:39 AM
I'd have to ask,
how long has it been in???
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:15 AM
Ok, here is a true, terribly whacky story about Thanksgiving Disasters In The Making from my own life that I thought you all might enjoy.

Back in 1984 I was newly married and working three jobs... way, way too busy. Insanely busy. But Thanksgiving was coming and I felt the typical compulsion to invite the entire kingdom to the feast.

In those days, I always invited college students, singles, people new to America... I'd fill my massive table with folks who wouldn't have a place to go otherwise. And we always had the BEST times.

And I always prepared a GIANT turkey, getting the biggest one available.

So this particular year I was running full tilt in my overly crazy lifestyle and COMPLETELY FORGOT that it was Thanksgiving until I woke up on Thanksgiving Day and remembered the massive Turkey was in the freezer and my house would soon be filling up with all kinds of hungry people!

Well, in a panic, I drug that bird out of the freezer, stripped the wrapper off, and shoved it (just barely getting it in) the huge, industrial size microwave I owned then. That humongous microwave had been a wedding gift and up until that moment I had only used it to heat coffee.

So I nuked that bird. Once it was thawed enough to get the giblets and wax paper out of the insides, I pulled 'em out, and kept zapping it.

Meantime, rushing about like a wild woman on speed, putting together every other part of the meal, the table settings, the decorations. I sent my husband off to buy pies because there was no way that was going to happen!

And right on time, as the guests arrived, that monster bird was actually cooked! From frozen solid to nicely done in 4 hours flat, courtesy modern technology.

Not a recipe I'd recommend to anyone, but still, it saved the day in my life Once Upon A Time...

Merme
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:22 AM
thumbup clp laugh laugh
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:32 AM
Hey Melcon ~ when are you heading out to your mom's? It is now sleeting/icing up here...

Merme
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Merme:
Hey Melcon ~ when are you heading out to your mom's? It is now sleeting/icing up here...

Merme
See Coffeehouse
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:42 AM
I'd have to ask,
how long has it been in???
Too long! laugh shocked
Freckles enjoyed it...now the back-up ham is in the oven...along with the unruly turkey breast that keeps falling over on it's side. mad

Merme...the first turkey I ever cooked...I left the bag of giblets in it the whole time, and was totally amazed when I was cutting the turkey...and there's this plastic bag inside. nutz

Lynne...I have a picture of something my dad and brother do at Thanksgiving to the turkey...if I can find it I'll PM it to you. Not suitable for the forum! lala
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
I'm sorry of your ham woe, afgrey. Hopefully #2 will turn out just as you desire...

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 02:55 AM
Merme - that's what I love about you - you always have your wits about you! I bet that turkey was great!

Cindy - can't wait to see your picture - now you've got me wondering...

Hope your ham#2 comes out delish!
I've never had ham for the holidays - we are not Kosher, but it's just something no one does in our family. I'm gonna have to beg some of my non-Jewish friends to extend an invitation to us one of these days!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:18 AM
Well, my meal is done and I didn't even eat much of it. laugh
Lola ate more than I did!
And, after all the ham trouble, I didn't even eat a bite of it. :rolleyes:
I don't really like ham too much.
But, the turkey breast was good! p
Posted By: Patty S Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:43 AM
Sometimes I feel like I'm on a different planet than the rest of you ...I don't get snow or freezing weather, & you're all off having your mid-day naps while I'm having breakfast. (Usually, I have The Gardener's Forum for breakfast!) Now, you people have already had your T-Day dinners, & it's not even noon, here! All your dishes will be done & you'll be hungry again, by the time we'll be sitting down to ours! (We're not eating until 4:30PST, because our son worked Graveyard shift last night, so we're letting him sleep in.)
Too bad you gave the "plastic ham" to Freckles... Me? I would have glazed the very dickens out of it & listened for compliments later, on the unique new flavor!! laugh eek thumbup laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:45 AM
When did I move to La La Land, Bill? grinnnn
At the same time you became a Martha Stewart Wannabe !
I figured that since you are under one year old you wouldn't notice... laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:50 AM
wavey
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:54 AM
CindySaucySusan...

posted one for you down in area 51! shk shocked laugh
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 03:58 AM
(We're not eating until 4:30PST, because our son worked Graveyard shift last night, so we're letting him sleep in.)
Thats when I'll be eating Patty. You aren't on a different planet... WE are just of on the other side of it! muggs
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:01 AM
Lynne, dear ~ How about this?

Next summer you come up to Maine and visit ME and MAXI... we'll put on SUCH a ham feast for you as you've never seen... all the best bits.

And we'll do it for ya with no nagging, no criticizing, no bullying. Just a yummy feast just for you and whoever you feel like bringing along.

And when you can't eat another bite, and are too full to move, I will simply roll you out to the porch of wherever we might be living by then and put some soothing drink in your hand and let you dream into the sunset...

Howz that?

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:04 AM
In case Catlover doesn't venture down to the games forum, I wanted to be sure she saw this here!

enjoy! thumbup
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:05 AM
I love having you guys way out there in "no man's land" PST time... you are around when the wakefuls have me up....

thumbup

Merme
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:05 AM
Ooooooooh, Merme dear!

THAT SOUNDS LIKE HEAVEN!

I might just have to take you up on that! kissies
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Merme:
I love having you guys way out there in "no man's land" PST time... you are around when the wakefuls have me up....

thumbup

Merme
I'm usually lurking by 4 AM PST.... about the time most of the ESTs are starting to get their eyes fully open...
(Notice, I said MOST)
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:14 AM
Hey Cindy,

is this acceptable if you run out of turkey? Duh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:23 AM
Hey Cindy,
is this acceptable if you run out of turkey?
Uhhh...Lola didn't think that was very funny! laugh laugh shk

Hey...I didn't say I KNEW anything about turkeys! nutz
I just said you could ask me questions!
Ask me a turkey question!

I don't know the answer, but ask me anyway!
lala
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 04:28 AM
I'm usually lurking by 4 AM PST.... about the time most of the ESTs are starting to get their eyes fully open...
(Notice, I said MOST)
lala lala
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:04 AM
Well I am on EST and I lurk......well....um "prit near" 24 hours a day. Thanx Cindy...this thread has been the highlight of my day..makin' me howl. I'm bored..watchin' football, drinkin' beer....suffering from tinnitus....it's drivin' me mental!!! Oh yeah.....and completely jealous of everyone eatin' turkey today...maybe I'll open a can of chk soup.. frown
Christina
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:07 AM
Hey Christina wavey

Here's another one for you -
and I'll gladly trade places with you for tonite -
really really do not want to go to my S-I-L's S-I-L's!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:13 AM
That's a good one, Lynne! laugh

I'm bored..watchin' football, drinkin' beer...
I'm bored now, too!
I was thinking about PMing Catlover about 50 times... thumbup
...to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving!
laugh dev laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:16 AM
Yes, right now...everyone do it!!!!! Seriously...I'm doing it right now....

I'm so hungry my stomach may eat itself....We will be eating in about 30 minutes and I can't stand waiting any longer.....I sprayed a half a can of whipped cream down my throat.!!!!!LOL
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:24 AM
really really do not want to go to my S-I-L's S-I-L's!!!
Oh, am I ever looking forward to seeing my SIL at Christmas....gag.....choke.....ahem....sorry.
Christina
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:24 AM
See ya everyone!
Have a good one, be safe, and I'll see you all in a few hours!

Bye... Lynne
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:25 AM
Sorry, that member's private message mailbox is currently full. Please try sending your private message another time.

Ehem, Cindy.......see above message!!!LOL Clean out your mailbox!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:35 AM
I maxed it out sending Catlover messages! laugh laugh thumbup
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
frown Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Cindy.... I am shocked and amazed! You are the last person I would have thought..... shk
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:39 AM
You know what..... sca
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:39 AM
Are we all in twouble, Mr. Bill, sir?

I just sent Catlover EIGHT PM's 'coz I just hadda wish her a Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to be sure she knew I meant it.

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:46 AM
Did Loz bail on us????? Duh shk

I sure hope Mr. Bill PMs Catlover to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:46 AM
dev no laugh comment! dev
Posted By: Bill Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 05:55 AM
I'm off to evaluate Shaun's Sweetheart's cooking abilities... bbl...
Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!!
Stay Safe!!!! wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 06:01 AM
Bye, Mr. Bill! wavey
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:14 AM
I'm back!!!!! And I bailed for dinner...now I'm so stinking full I probably will have to be rolled into bed.....LOL

I sent Catlover a Thanksgiving wish, or two, or three, or more......he he he.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:19 AM
I sent her 20, or 30.....or 40... kissies her so much and wanted to make sure she had the happiest Thanksgiving EVER! laugh

Now I'm gonna sit here with Jim for awhile! p lala

Martha Stewart Wannabeeeeeeee :rolleyes:
Posted By: ChristinaC Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:28 AM
I'm off to evaluate Shaun's Sweetheart's cooking abilities
I sure hope she checked in with Cindy before she did anything!! With Cindy's guidance and directions, Bill will surely enjoy his Thanksgiving dinner!

Christina
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:32 AM
Christina...that made me laugh so hard I just spewed Jim Beam and pepsi all over the keyboard!

laugh [Linked Image] laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:37 AM
laugh grinnnn laugh
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 07:54 AM
Afgrey ~

What does a hostess DO with 800 lbs of turkey leftovers, 400 lbs of mashed potatoes, 200 lbs of stuffing and 48 gallons of wine?

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 08:00 AM
What does a hostess DO
Hey...maybe Loz can answer that...she's a hostess! laugh
(...not much longer, probably!) muggs
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 08:22 AM
What does a hostess DO with 800 lbs of turkey leftovers, 400 lbs of mashed potatoes, 200 lbs of stuffing and 48 gallons of wine?
My first response is either have one heck of a leftover party, or feed the homeless..... thumbup

Hey...maybe Loz can answer that...she's a hostess!
(...not much longer, probably!)
laugh p laugh

muggs
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 08:25 AM
Hey loz, I'm STILL waiting for you to upload some more of your wedding pictures in the Happy Anniversary thread..

I originally mistyped "wedding" and made it "weeding". If I had left it that way you wouldda thought: WEEDING PICTURES? HAS THAT WOMAN IN MAINE GONE DAFT?"

Merme
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:08 AM
Hey loz, I'm STILL waiting for you to upload some more of your wedding pictures in the Happy Anniversary thread..
Loz is busy watching Survivor! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:18 AM
Yeh it was great too! thumbup
Posted By: Merme Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:19 AM
laugh laugh laugh

You are wonderful, loz.

kissies

Merme
Posted By: Fernie Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:20 AM
I was hoping to see weeding pictures in a weeding dress and see all the weeding guests all dressed up in their Sunday go to weeding clothes. Darn
Posted By: Fernie Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:22 AM
Hey Merme, I have some hot Earl Grey with lavendar.......fake creamer and fake sugar (splenda) on the side
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:23 AM
I have a few weeding pics too if you really want to see them..... laugh But look for the wedding pics between now and Sunday.....just have to scan them in and upload them to photobucket.... kissies
Posted By: shamrock316 Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:31 AM
Hey, cuz!!! wavey
One more TURKEY question!
You got any left?
(101, that is!)

If so, I'm on my way over. grinnnn

Les
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 10:34 AM
I haven't even opened the bottle yet...been drinking Beam. thumbup

Cinja
Posted By: Fernie Re: Afgrey's Turkey Hotline! - November 25th, 2005 at 11:08 AM
I haven't even opened the bottle yet...been drinking Beam.

Come on over...I'll wait up for you!
I wanna hear how this recipe turns out!!!!
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]