A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: 4Ruddy Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 04:19 AM
We are on our way to the ER with Peanut. I cannot get his temp down and he is VERY sick. Please say a prayer for us. He really frightens me when he gets this sick...because he gets bad very quickly. I feel like he is battling bronchitis...but will know more in a bit!

I'm not gonna cry...I'm not gonna cry...

yes i am! ters
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 04:42 AM
oh, Vanessa... sending you all a great big hug
and the strength to get through this chapter in Peanut's exciting life. kissies

Hoping this is something easily cured by the people who know... thumbup
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 04:43 AM
Peanut is in my prayers. Let us know how he is when you can.
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:09 AM
Vanessa,
Praying as I type, it is so scary when they are ill... all will come out well...
Nana
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:20 AM
Vanessa,
Peanut is in my thoughts!! You are doing the right thing going to ER. Let us know how he is? kissies
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:42 AM
Praying, Vanessa.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:45 AM
Oh, Vanessa! sca I didn't see this 'til now...
...been outside in the pond.
I'm praying for our Peanut.

Cindy
Posted By: Francine Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:47 AM
wE PRAY FOR YOU AND PEANUT,YOU LL SEE THEY KNOW WHAT THEY RE DOING,THOSE PEOPLE ARE GOOD,IT MUST VE TAKEN ALL YOUR STRENGHT TO WRITE US,THANK YOU.

IT LL BE BETTER,WITH ALL OF US IT S A HECK OF A PRAYING POWER,HERE ONE TO TRY TO MAKE YOU LAUGH A LITTLE BIT CUZ I KNOW IT S GONNA BE ALLRIGHT,YOU GONNA SEE...WELL HERE MY TRY FOR AT LEAST A SMILE....WITH ALL THIS PRAYING FOR PEANUT I GUESS WE CALL IT FLOWER PRAYING POWER!!...DID I SUCCEED A LITTLE BIT...THERE ...YAA...HERE S A LITTLLE SMILE!! wavey
Posted By: JV Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 06:43 AM
ters So sorry about P~Nut sending my strong prayers for you and Him. Be careful going to Hospital drive sane don't drive like I do in cases like this.
All My Love and Prayers
Jimmy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 06:43 AM
prayers and love from here!
Posted By: duckie Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 07:07 AM
luv and prayers for peanut.
Posted By: Merme Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 07:17 AM
anxiously awaiting word.

all prayers, always.

Merme
Posted By: MissJamie Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 08:20 AM
awwww vanessa that I'm so sorry to hear that peanut is sick! I'll be sending prayers up in hopes that he gets well very soon.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 08:44 AM
I called Vanessa awhile ago...she's still not home.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 09:05 AM
Poor little Peanut, he's such a cutie---I hope they fix him up in no time...until I hear he's better I'll keep praying....
Posted By: JV Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 11:13 AM
I called Vanessa before my shower not home still. Left message to call no matter the time.
Praying for our forum nephew and his Mama and Daddy.
Jimmy
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 12:39 PM
Still nothing from Nessa? Geesh I hope they're all okay frown
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 02:17 PM
Thank you thank you thank you ALL!!! I have no idea what I did before I had all of my garden family to rally around us in such times as this.
Baby Peanut has pnuemonia. His temp was 103.3 when we got to the hospital..it was 105.4 45 minutes later. They started an IV (which by the way is real fun on a 2 y/o frown ) and ran antibiotics through him cautiously. Had we waited another day...he would have been critical...things hit him hard and fast bless his heart. They kept him 7 hours, finally got the temp down and watched him a bit longer. With my being a nurse, and him being well know at Children's Hospital...they usually let me decide if I want to bring him home or not....so I optes to bring him home...he will rest better here and we are close enough now that should I need to...I can have him there in 15 minutes (or less)
He is completely exhausted and is sleeping now... I will have night duty tonight...I will have to keep a close eye on him because he has an adverse reaction to many medications. So, once we are over that hump...I think the antibiotics will kick in quickly.
I just have to tel you that Children's Hospital here..is like a little corner of Heaven...they are WONDERFUL...absolutely wonderful. I am thankful we are closer now...that gives me great peace of mind.
Again...I thank you all for your thoughts & prayers....that is the one thing that carries us through these times! Thank you for the sweet...comforting messages on our phone as we returned home. I am Blessed to call you all my family! And am so thankful that Mr. Bill had the insight and an idea for a place that would bring us all together! Yep//another sappy night for me!!! I love you all!!!!! luv luv luv
Posted By: Francine Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 02:25 PM
Vanessa,

though i d look if you came back before i went to bed,thankful i did;i know it s gonna be a long night but before you know it you ll have a little peanut all well and healthy.

with your good care and love everything s gonna be fine you ll see. wavey kissies luv
Posted By: hinda Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:39 PM
vanessa - i hope your night was uneventful. we are thinking of you over here in israel too and praying for a quick recovery. it is so scary to see your kids get so sick, but peanut is on his way to feeling better
give him a kiss from us cool
Posted By: princessazlea Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 05:49 PM
Vanessa- Hope peanut gets better soon. Give him a wavey
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 06:19 PM
Thank you all so much...you cannot believe how I tear up...sniff sniff...when I read these posts that are so precious to my heart! I wish I could give every one of you rthe biggest hug!
I have to give the antibiotics time to kick in...as a nurse I know that...as I mother my heart is breaking to hear him breath...it sounds pretty awful right now. but, so far his temp is not as bad as it gotyesterday. You all can be assured I have one eye on him every minute. all of our children our very special...but Taylor is an extra special baby for us! I wish you could have seen how retarded I looked last night....since the move we needed to change our emergency contact person to Darin since he is now the closest. When she asked the relationship to Tayloe, I got this very bizzare (stupid actually) look on my face. Although we refer to him as "Uncle Darin" because of the HUGE (25 yr) age difference..he is actually Peanut's brother. The attendent got a pretty good laugh out of my expression! And Darin will as well! A lot of times he will say to Peanut.."come to Uncle Brother Darin..." laugh
Sorry for the rambling...my one eye that isn't on the boy is very sleepy! laugh zzzzz laugh
Posted By: JV Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 08:22 PM
Vanessa glad your home thanks for letting me know. I was awake off and on thinking I heard the phone we all worry so much about you and Peanut he is outr boy too. Being the forum nephew we all love him as well as you. kissies Hope you rested some last night andf he is much better today. Never hesitate to call me any time of ever you need me I will do my best to do what is needed. Still praying hard for you all. angell
Jimmy
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 09:43 PM
I was awake off and on thinking I heard the phone
Me, too!
I even woke up once thinking it was ringing, but I was just dreaming it.

Please kiss the Peanut kissies for me, Vanessa.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 11:10 PM
so glad you listened to your instincts! still pryaing for you and him both kissies
Posted By: Nana's11 Re: Peanut... - October 31st, 2005 at 11:21 PM
Hi Vanessa,
Hope the antibiotics have kicked in and he is feeling and breathing better- and you are able to rest too.... still praying for you and Peanut-
Nana
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 1st, 2005 at 12:46 AM
I even woke up once thinking it was ringing, but I was just dreaming it.
Cindy Vampiretta, I hesitated about calling you last night...I always fear the Halloween monster will answer! laugh But i have given him that hug for you...about 15 times!
He gets so frightened when we have to go to the hospital...he latches on to me and I swear you can't tell where he ends and I begin! He had a death grip on Mr. Froggy an one of his FLOWERS that Aunt Cindy sent him...the nurses were cracking up at his flower...they wanted to know where we got it...I had to tell them it was our Kentucky wonder flower! thumbup
I do have to tell you that Peanut made a pretty big statement to the Doc last night...he threw up all over him, his stethescope AND his chart! I thought he was going to get a standing ovation from the nurses for that one...
He is feeling some better this morning. I am extremely sore from having him attached to me for so long last night. He is getting so tall he wraps those little legs around me 2 or 3 times and hangs on! laugh
Posted By: WyoMom Re: Peanut... - November 1st, 2005 at 01:00 AM
Oh, so glad peanut is going to better soon. I was kinda worried so kept coming back online when I got the chance to se how things are going. Hope Peanut gets to buzz around in his costume tonight. Give him a hug and kiss for us.
Nancy
Posted By: barleychown Re: Peanut... - November 1st, 2005 at 01:10 AM
So glad to hear you're home safe. grinnnn
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - November 1st, 2005 at 02:14 AM
thumbup so glad he is getting better. and hope you get better from the soreness soon.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Peanut... - November 1st, 2005 at 04:30 AM
Vanessa - thanks for letting us know how Peanut is doing -
poor baby with pneumonia! kissies

Thank goodness he has you for a mom, and you knew just when the time was right to take him to the dr. kissies

A special Halloween hug for Peanut...and one for you too!
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Peanut... - November 2nd, 2005 at 01:25 AM
How is Peanut today, Vanessa? Is he any better? I hope you have been able to get some rest through all this...

Dianna
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 2nd, 2005 at 03:19 AM
Peanut is some better today...still a bit cranky...but better. His schedule is way out of whack so we will have to work on that! But, I am thankful we see improvement.
I was tickled that the kids were so thoughtful and brought him that balloon...you know the one that was as big as the house! Well...I was until I ended up having to SLEEP with the darn thing last night! :rolleyes: But we made it!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 2nd, 2005 at 03:35 AM
So glad Peanut is doing better. kissies
It stresses me so bad when kids are sick. frown
I hate to see them suffer.

I ended up having to SLEEP with the darn thing last night!
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things. lala
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Peanut... - November 2nd, 2005 at 04:09 AM
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things.
laugh laugh laugh

I can relate to that!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 2nd, 2005 at 04:15 AM
I've ended up having to sleep with worse things.
I should just be thankful I get to sleep with ANYTHING!!!!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 11:52 AM
Peanut has had a REALLY bad evening ...he has screamed non stop for hours on end...
We have an appt at Children's Hospital for Monday Nov 7 @ 8:00am...it will be an 8 hour exam to try to see what they can do to help him at this point. They will give him a formal diagnoses at that time. I have really been holding off...not doing anything as far as meds etc...until we could go to this appointment. They are the experts with autistic children. He is going to have to have some help with sleeping. Right now he wakes up with night terrors sometimes 8 to 9 times a night...and then he is exhausted. Bless his little punkin head...he has just been through so much and I just want him to be able to rest...and have some quality of life that is enjoyable and not be so frustrated all of the time. It is already difficult enough that he cannot talk and let us know his wants/needs. That is VERY frustrating to him....and us. The school has been WONDERFUL but he is still in the 30 day evaluaton period there, so is not actually receiving therapy yet. I think he nay need some medication to help him get through the hump.
So...I know I rely heavily on my forum family here...but I really need you to keep saying a few prayer for my little Peanut...that he WILL get some much needed help Monday!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 11:56 AM
Sending LOT'S and LOT'S of prayers for Peanut!!! kissies kissies kissies kissies angell
And you grab some of those too, Vanessa!!!!
(can't put any more on or it'll explode..)

TRUST IN ME....
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 11:59 AM
You got it, Vanessa! kissies
Your family is in my prayers every night.

I know that moving was for Peanut's benefit, but I am sure it really has stressed the little guy out more than we know...so much change, so fast.

I'll be praying...

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:05 PM
(can't put any more on or it'll explode..)
It's POP goes the Weezil time!!!!!!!

Ya know...I think it is that ...but I think tonight was (and this may sound crazy) his time of letting it "go" from the hospital visit. It is VERY traumatic for him to go to the hospital or the Doctor...he will always have in his little mind the pain he has been through while being there...and he just doesn't understand it. I HATE to have to take him because it scares him so. And every time he goes...there is an IV involved...X~Rays where they put him in that hard plastic papoose thing...it is all so painful. he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:05 PM
The Little Hut......
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:07 PM
Weezie...you always post the best stuff! kissies
That was awesome...

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:11 PM
my favorite...sniff sniff....
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:17 PM
...he will always have in his little mind the pain he has been through while being there...and he just doesn't understand it. I HATE to have to take him because it scares him so. And every time he goes...there is an IV involved...X~Rays where they put him in that hard plastic papoose thing...it is all so painful. he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him.
Been there done that with Brennan...more than I care to think about.
You just wish you could be in their place for them, but you can't. ters
It hurts so much to see them go through this...them being so scared and not understanding why you are standing there letting it happen. Like you said, "he couldn't possibly understand that it is to help him".

I just can't handle it when children are scared and suffering.
It tears my heart out. ters

Give Peanut a kiss from me...I just love that little guy so much.

Cindy
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:21 PM
I hear you on that one...
Like taking a new born baby for it's shots...

It's like leading the lamb to the sl@ughter!!!

I KNOW your pain well...
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:23 PM
It's like leading the lamb to the sl@ughter!!!
Yep...that says it all right there.
Posted By: geegeeburr Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 03:11 PM
Hi Vanessa! More good wishes here for next Monday. But is he at least doing better from the pneumonia now? It's so hard when your kids are sick and miserable, and you're exhaused and miserable for them! ESPECIALLY when they have a really high fever, because that is so scary, even if the hospital people tell you that the fever doesn't really do any harm.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 07:05 PM
Thinking and praying for you and yours , Vanessa.
Duh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 07:51 PM
Yeah and that's a tough one Mel. The gluton free and the limits on caiain(?)milk products are the 2 that they say these autistic kiddos respond to in a lot of cases. The big problems are...they hey a big "texture" problem. Where as Peanut use to eat anything you put in front of him...now he is so texture sensitive, he eats very limited thing. Mashed potatos, which he would eat by the bucket fulls...now make him gag. And, to limit his milk...well...then you are completely on juice in which he doesn't need that much fructose or sugar added...Ii have been trying to get him to drink a little tea...it aint gonna happen.
I look back sometimes and know you all must get really tired of my pleas where Peanut is concerned. But, it is just a very frustrating journey that we are on here with him. Frustrating to us...but 10 times more to him. It is all trial & error...and trust me, there is much more error than trial going on most days.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 08:02 PM
I look back sometimes and know you all must get really tired of my pleas where Peanut is concerned. But, it is just a very frustrating journey that we are on here with him.
Oh, don't you ever think that, we DO NOT ever get tired of the journey with Peanut! The key word here is WE because we are all in this with you and wish we lived closer so we could help out more! kissies
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 3rd, 2005 at 08:27 PM
Have you ever tried the 3 different flavors, of Silk Soy Milk?
There's original, vanilla and mine LOVE the chocolate **so do I**
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 02:57 AM
Today Peanut is at SCHOOL...WOO HOOO YIPPEEEE~I~O

Tomorrow they are having their annual trike~a~thon for St. Jude's Hospital. St. Jude's is very helpful in their research for the school so we wanted to help in their fundraiser. I think it will be a hoot to see these kiddos do the trike~a~thon...so, because we don't know a soul here...I sent out an e-mail to our family & friends telling them about the day tomorrow. Peanut almost has $100.00 raised. So, when I called the school to see what all we needed to do for tomorrow...I told her about his packet and how much he has and she bout fell in the floor! Here I was thinking we hadn't done very much...she acted like it was a million dollars! We aren't able to support all of the causes we would like to...but when something hit close to home...like the Cancer Society or this research for the babies...you just never feel like you can do enough! I am debating on whether or not to go tomorrow...I know I can watch from a distance...but because Taylor doesn't transition well...I am afraid if he sees us,it will mess his day up especially after being out of school this week and it being like starting over. I am so proud of my baby Peanut!
Posted By: barleychown Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 06:35 AM
I'm so glad you and he are having a better day today! flw

Don't EVER think you are bothering anyone! We all need a sounding board, and a shoulder to lean on. I, for one, wish I lived closer and could do more.

I love to hear from you, the good and the bad. Life is a journey and sometimes it rains.
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 06:49 AM
Vanessa - that sounds like a great day planned! kissies
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 07:41 AM
Yeah...and he doesn't even know he did it!!! thumbup laugh laugh
Posted By: hisgal2 Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 10:37 PM
St. Jude's is great. My MIL's quilt group made 2 quilts for them. I guess the kids that stay there draw the kind of quilt that they would like and then quilt groups actually make those quilts. I got to work on one of them and it was just such a great thing to do.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 10:42 PM
That's the place I donate alllot to..
I used to be a once a month sender,
*poor now* but everytime I get some $$,
some definately goes to there..
Breaks my heart to watch that hour long show~commercial they do.. so, I send when I can.

St Jude's...Danny Thomas..
"Show me my way, and I will build you a shrine.." cool kissies angell
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 10:46 PM
St. Jude's does a lot of research that really help's Peanut's school...and I cannot tell you how impressive this school is! I wish you could all visit it! And everyone of the workers there are ...well, just angels...I don't know of any other way to discribe them.
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 10:55 PM
You know, I keep saying it,
but GOD moves in mysterious circles and ways
we may not understand..

I've donated to that place since 1995...
I won a little bit of money and I promised
GOD I'd send some there..
and it's been a leap of faith sometimes here
and there when I send some now, but it is so
rewarding to send there..

So, maybe I contributed, in the long way around it,
some of the things the school has....
Very heart warming Vanessa!!!
Couldn't think of anything better to do with it. kissies grinnnn
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 4th, 2005 at 10:59 PM
Why sure you did Weezie! You had been helping prepare a place for the Forum poster child all along...and you didn't even know it!!!!

And...let me add...they have come a LONG way in the treatment and diagnosing Autism! Had this been even 10 years ago...Peanut probably would have either been institutionalized or completey sedated on medication! That just scares the peewaddin out of me!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 10:36 AM
but, vanessa, how did the trikathon go? i'll pray for you that monday goes well...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Well...they had to cancel the event today and are going to have it Monday...Peanut wont get to be there and I hated that.
BUT...AS OF TODAY...he has raised $130.00...more than any other student!!! thumbup Go baby GO!!!!
since I didn't know anyone in this town...I didn't know what to do to help him raise some money...so I sent out a mass E-mail (my poor family & friends)and just asked all who wanted to help to just make a donation. My goodness..I sat here and bawled when I started getting responses back. SO...he will get all of the prizes...a pupet, a backpack, a t~shirt & a trike tag! But I will find out Tuesday how the whole thing went!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 10:52 AM
thus the reason for my sappiness tonight!!!!!!
I bawl at the drop of a pin anymore!
Posted By: Bill Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 10:58 AM
.so I sent out a mass E-mail (my poor family & friends)and just asked all who wanted to help to just make a donation.
uhhhhhhhhh... I didn't get a letter... ters
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:02 AM
...so I sent out a mass E-mail (my poor family & friends)and just asked all who wanted to help to just make a donation.
Uh oh...I haven't checked my email in awhile...
...a LONG while! :rolleyes:

I check GH email everyday...but forget about the other one for days at a time.

Now I'm gonna feel like a heel if I check and you sent me that email...and I didn't reply to it! idea But...there's always the possibility you DIDN'T send me one...then I will wonder why you didn't! eek

It's a lose/lose situation for me, huh? laugh [Linked Image] laugh

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:06 AM
uhhhhhhhhh... I didn't get a letter...
Uh..Mr. Bill...I didn't think it would be proper to solicit on the forum. I didn't really know what the rules were.

BUT....since YOU asked...

Anyone wanting to donate any amount is welcome (and much appriciated) All you have to do is PM me the amount you would like to donate...so I can turn it in Monday. And then drop a check in the mail to me (made out to St. Jude's Children's Hospital). Easy as pie....Peanut will get the credit for the donation....(he wins little prizes) BUT better than that...the research for his school is continued...which is a blessing to Little Taylor (and me)

Okay, is that legal???????????
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:08 AM
uhhhhhhhhh... I didn't get a letter...
Well...now you don't have to feel bad like I do...

I just checked my g-mail...and got it 5 days ago. eek

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:11 AM
Now I'm gonna feel like a heel if I check and you sent me that email...
Uh...how ya doin tonight Mz. HEEL!!!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:12 AM
There is a BIG oppertunity here for you to make amends! thumbup
Posted By: Bill Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:13 AM
Okay, is that legal???????????
You bet! kissies

PMing you now...
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:15 AM
Uh...how ya doin tonight Mz. HEEL!!!!!
shocked
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:16 AM
I am so sorry Cindy Faye...I just COULDN'T pass that up....you know I'm lovin ya!!! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 11:24 AM
...I just COULDN'T pass that up....
That's what I say a lot here..... lala

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 5th, 2005 at 10:58 PM
I wouldn't expect nor WANT you to pass up any oppertunity crazy bird lady! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Peanut... - November 7th, 2005 at 03:30 AM
Hellooooooo! wink I know I'm a bit late here (what else is new!) but... Is it too late to send in a donation for the little Peanut & St. Jude's? That is such an AWESOME way to help Peanut - and all the other kids & families that get such great help from St. Jude's!

luv luv luv Peanut! luv luv luv
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 7th, 2005 at 03:43 AM
Nope Mary Mary....just PM me the "pledge" amount and stick a check in the mail (make it out to St. Jude's Hospital) and Poster abby P~Nut will get the credit! Easy as pie...

I'll be posting (probably Tuesday) how he did!

Thanks for askin Ant Mary Mary...P`Nutty is sendin you ANOTHER big ol' HUGGIN! luv luv

He is SO blessed to be loved by our forum family! Don't be makin me get all sappy again now! cool
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: Peanut... - November 7th, 2005 at 04:02 AM
wavey grinnnn Yahooey! Never get enough huggins from that little Peanut! wink

Yaknow - the
Poster abby
laugh Just pickin on ya, tired mamma!

I PMd you!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
I apologize for not being real personal here..this has just been a long emotional day for me! I thank you ALL for your thoughts & prayers...this is the e-mail update that I sent out a bit ago on Peanut's testing today...

This is kind of an impersonal approach to letting you all know about the appt...but...I am just now able to bring myself around to thinking a bit. Today was very long and stressful to say the least.

We were going in to get an evaluation and diagnosis as to what level autism we are dealing with in baby Taylor...we came out with way more info than I care to get in a day.
There were 2 therapist and a physician doing the evaluation...it was VERY obvious from the beginning that we were in trouble.

When the testing was done and they called us in for the results..we got a blow we were not expecting.
There were some of the testing that could not be completed at all...because they couldn't get Taylor to do anything...which we expected. The 3 important tests that were completed...an average child's score would be 85-115. the vocational test Taylor scored 55...the other 2 tests he scored a 65 and 68...MUCH MUCH lower than we ever thought.He is a year and 1/2 behind in developing...keep in mind he is only 2 y/o. His diagnosis was : Severe Delayed Development.......however...(here's the kicker) they do not want to level the autism at this time because the Doctor feels we are dealing with a much bigger problem.
For some reason Taylor's brain does not "shut down"...which certainly will intensify the development delays..but cause added physical stress as well. They also believe that he is having undetected seizure activity. the abnormal function of the brain they contribute to the chemicals that were used during pregnancy..but are not able to determine the amount of damage with out further testing.
So....our next step is a neurologist and sleep disorder studies. They are contacting the school and he will have to have aggressive therapy in the vocational are and 2 other areas as well.
Although we have recognized the difficulties that baby Taylor has been experiencing...we weren't prepared for the results we received today.....please continue to remember him in your prayers and us as we try fervently to provided the very best care and treatment for him.
Posted By: duckie Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 12:42 PM
Vanessa,I'm praying every day for that sweet boy.

I thank God too,he has you for a Mom.

luv Shari
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 12:46 PM
My thoughts exactly, Duckie.
He was so blessed getting Vanessa...and we were all blessed with getting both of them.

Cindy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 12:57 PM
kissies & angell for you and Peanut Vanessa.........
Posted By: Bill Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 01:04 PM
ters
Posted By: sybil Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 01:19 PM
Vanessa, my heart goes out to you,you will be in my thoughts ters
Posted By: melcon6 Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 05:44 PM
Hang in there, buddy. With diagnosis comes treatment options, I'm glad you have such a good medical facility and school to help you out.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 11:05 PM
Oh...we are gonna hang all right...I was just in shock for the day...Peanut is a lottougher than I am bless his heart...but we will do what ever it takes...and I am gearing up for the journey!!! I know I can do it because of the support I have here...it makes me feel like I am no longer fighting this battle alone...you all just cannot imagine how comforting that is to me!!!!!!!!!!! kissies

On a HAPPIER note....

PEANUT WON!!!!!!!

Thanks to you guys...he topped out the WHOLE trike~A~Thon!!!(and wasn't even THERE!!! laugh ) He ended up with a whopping total of $185.00 raised for St. Jude's Hospital!!! After yesterday...that made it much more significant to me...St. Jude's may end up playing a vital role in Peanut's new plan treatment!!! Can't beat that with a stick!

SO...he's gonna get the bundle prize! I'll post pics when he gets them!!!

Thank you all so much...and a VERY SPECIAL thank you & hug to Mr. Uncle Bill!!!! kissies
Posted By: Meg Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 11:08 PM
ters Vanessa, I'm really sorry for all that your little one & your family has been going thru. You're always in my thoughts, and I'm sorry I missed reading this thread sooner. I take it, he is better from the pneumonia?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 11:27 PM
Thanks Meg...been missin ya...GET OFF THAT GAME every so often and check in!!!! laugh

I take it, he is better from the pneumonia?
Tomorrow is the last day of his antibiotics...he is finally staring to dry up a bit! He went to school today...wasn't happy about it htough...gonna see how he handles it!
Posted By: Meg Re: Peanut... - November 8th, 2005 at 11:36 PM
So glad to hear that he is improving as far as the pneumonia goes. Alex had that in first grade, and omg, please, never again.

Alex had a stomach flu 2 weeks ago. She missed 3 days of school. Then last week she had a double ear infection, so she missed another 3 days of school. They have no school this Friday for the holiday. *pulling hair out graemlin*

I'm hoping the best for Peanut. He has had to go thru so much for a such a young one. I am thinking of his momma too. Take care of you too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - November 9th, 2005 at 12:29 AM
praying for ya vanessa, and peanut too kissies
Posted By: Merme Re: Peanut... - November 9th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
Hopefully, 'Nessa, today and in the days ahead you'll be able to process a bit more of the information you heard yesterday. Even for a nurse, I'm sure that was way too much information to absorb and process all at once!

You know we are here for you every step of the way.

Merme
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
Today we had a conference at Peanut's school. His 30 day evaluation period was up and they are to begin therapy now. They always have a meeting to inform us of the plan of action.
Well, first of all...these people LOVE that baby. They each commented that he is a very special child and has stolen their hearts...he just has that affect on people. That in itself is so comforting to me, to know that he is in the hands of people who truely care about him and are not just "doing a job!"
Again, he has tested out to be a little over a year behind in almost every aspect of development. I have a stack of written reports from the occupational,vocational, speech/languge and fine motor skills therapists. A lot of information to try to digest. So, it boils down to 5 hard days a week of aggressive therapy. Most of it one on one...but some group interaction as well. We are still in the process of getting the neurological studies lined out...and will go from there!
Just thought I would keep you all updated on what we are learning! luv
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 10:44 AM
So, it boils down to 5 hard days a week of aggressive therapy.
...that along with 7 days of aggressive praying and we can't lose.
kissies

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 11:17 AM
kissies
Posted By: Bestofour Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 01:46 PM
Hopefully we'll see some changes for the little man. He's had a hard time and needs a little change.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 08:36 PM
I'm so happy that he finally gets to start therapy kissies
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Took the words right out of my mouth!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 16th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
That's good news Vanessa...
and hope for the future for that
precious little wee~one!!!

And I whole~heartedly agree with Cindy LouWho there with the prayin' kissies !!!...
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
I thought yesterday was Sunday, so I didn't check the mail.
Then I found out this morning it was Tuesday! kissies

(...and thank you, Vanessa, for letting me have it. kissies I know how hard it is to part with something like that...)

Ant Cinja
Posted By: Bill Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 12:35 AM
Then I found out this morning it was Tuesday!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... hate to tell you this, but today is Wednesday! perpl
Posted By: hinda Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
frown i just wrote this really long reply and it got erased because i used too many graemlins - why didnt it just take me back to the message so i could erase some????
as i was saying laugh cindy - i thought i was the only one who lost track of days. you made me feel much better!!
and now i have to get off he computer and i have so much more to write frown frown
guess i just have to come back later
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... hate to tell you this, but today is Wednesday!
That's okay Ant Cinja...surely it is Tuesday SOMEWHERE!!! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Dixie Angel Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 01:56 AM
It is nice to know that Peanut will be given therapy by people who care about him personally. I have met quite a few people who did not need to be in a health-care profession, much less therapy. I am so happy for you, Vanessa, and am still praying for your whole family...

Dianna
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 06:45 AM
.... hate to tell you this, but today is Wednesday!
uhhh, yeah...I found that out when the garbage truck slowed down in front of the house then went on past...and me with three full cans of leaves and garbage...
...still sitting on the deck. eek

O.K...what day is it NOW? Duh nutz laugh
Posted By: weezie13 Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 06:52 AM
and me with three full cans of leaves
O.K...what day is it NOW?
It's the day you're supposed to start composting on.... thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Peanut... - November 17th, 2005 at 07:30 AM
It's the day you're supposed to start composting on....
Well...the 3 bags were what I raked up at the neighbor's fence...and didn't feel like carrying them down to the "Magnificent Leaf Pile" I have...12 truckloads :rolleyes: (Toyota short bed).

I guess I should start a compost pile with those..but I'll have to go study up on it...we always had a compost pile at the farm, but Malcolm was in charge of it.
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]