This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#111414 November 7th, 2005 at 03:43 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Nope Mary Mary....just PM me the "pledge" amount and stick a check in the mail (make it out to St. Jude's Hospital) and Poster abby P~Nut will get the credit! Easy as pie...

I'll be posting (probably Tuesday) how he did!

Thanks for askin Ant Mary Mary...P`Nutty is sendin you ANOTHER big ol' HUGGIN! luv luv

He is SO blessed to be loved by our forum family! Don't be makin me get all sappy again now! cool

#111415 November 7th, 2005 at 04:02 AM
wavey grinnnn Yahooey! Never get enough huggins from that little Peanut! wink

Yaknow - the
Poster abby
laugh Just pickin on ya, tired mamma!

I PMd you!

#111416 November 8th, 2005 at 12:31 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
I apologize for not being real personal here..this has just been a long emotional day for me! I thank you ALL for your thoughts & prayers...this is the e-mail update that I sent out a bit ago on Peanut's testing today...

This is kind of an impersonal approach to letting you all know about the appt...but...I am just now able to bring myself around to thinking a bit. Today was very long and stressful to say the least.

We were going in to get an evaluation and diagnosis as to what level autism we are dealing with in baby Taylor...we came out with way more info than I care to get in a day.
There were 2 therapist and a physician doing the evaluation...it was VERY obvious from the beginning that we were in trouble.

When the testing was done and they called us in for the results..we got a blow we were not expecting.
There were some of the testing that could not be completed at all...because they couldn't get Taylor to do anything...which we expected. The 3 important tests that were completed...an average child's score would be 85-115. the vocational test Taylor scored 55...the other 2 tests he scored a 65 and 68...MUCH MUCH lower than we ever thought.He is a year and 1/2 behind in developing...keep in mind he is only 2 y/o. His diagnosis was : Severe Delayed Development.......however...(here's the kicker) they do not want to level the autism at this time because the Doctor feels we are dealing with a much bigger problem.
For some reason Taylor's brain does not "shut down"...which certainly will intensify the development delays..but cause added physical stress as well. They also believe that he is having undetected seizure activity. the abnormal function of the brain they contribute to the chemicals that were used during pregnancy..but are not able to determine the amount of damage with out further testing.
So....our next step is a neurologist and sleep disorder studies. They are contacting the school and he will have to have aggressive therapy in the vocational are and 2 other areas as well.
Although we have recognized the difficulties that baby Taylor has been experiencing...we weren't prepared for the results we received today.....please continue to remember him in your prayers and us as we try fervently to provided the very best care and treatment for him.

#111417 November 8th, 2005 at 12:42 PM
Vanessa,I'm praying every day for that sweet boy.

I thank God too,he has you for a Mom.

luv Shari

#111418 November 8th, 2005 at 12:46 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
My thoughts exactly, Duckie.
He was so blessed getting Vanessa...and we were all blessed with getting both of them.

Cindy

#111419 November 8th, 2005 at 12:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kissies & angell for you and Peanut Vanessa.........

#111420 November 8th, 2005 at 01:04 PM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
ters

#111421 November 8th, 2005 at 01:19 PM
Vanessa, my heart goes out to you,you will be in my thoughts ters

#111422 November 8th, 2005 at 05:44 PM
Hang in there, buddy. With diagnosis comes treatment options, I'm glad you have such a good medical facility and school to help you out.

#111423 November 8th, 2005 at 11:05 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Oh...we are gonna hang all right...I was just in shock for the day...Peanut is a lottougher than I am bless his heart...but we will do what ever it takes...and I am gearing up for the journey!!! I know I can do it because of the support I have here...it makes me feel like I am no longer fighting this battle alone...you all just cannot imagine how comforting that is to me!!!!!!!!!!! kissies

On a HAPPIER note....

PEANUT WON!!!!!!!

Thanks to you guys...he topped out the WHOLE trike~A~Thon!!!(and wasn't even THERE!!! laugh ) He ended up with a whopping total of $185.00 raised for St. Jude's Hospital!!! After yesterday...that made it much more significant to me...St. Jude's may end up playing a vital role in Peanut's new plan treatment!!! Can't beat that with a stick!

SO...he's gonna get the bundle prize! I'll post pics when he gets them!!!

Thank you all so much...and a VERY SPECIAL thank you & hug to Mr. Uncle Bill!!!! kissies

#111424 November 8th, 2005 at 11:08 PM
Meg Offline
ters Vanessa, I'm really sorry for all that your little one & your family has been going thru. You're always in my thoughts, and I'm sorry I missed reading this thread sooner. I take it, he is better from the pneumonia?

#111425 November 8th, 2005 at 11:27 PM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Thanks Meg...been missin ya...GET OFF THAT GAME every so often and check in!!!! laugh

I take it, he is better from the pneumonia?
Tomorrow is the last day of his antibiotics...he is finally staring to dry up a bit! He went to school today...wasn't happy about it htough...gonna see how he handles it!

#111426 November 8th, 2005 at 11:36 PM
Meg Offline
So glad to hear that he is improving as far as the pneumonia goes. Alex had that in first grade, and omg, please, never again.

Alex had a stomach flu 2 weeks ago. She missed 3 days of school. Then last week she had a double ear infection, so she missed another 3 days of school. They have no school this Friday for the holiday. *pulling hair out graemlin*

I'm hoping the best for Peanut. He has had to go thru so much for a such a young one. I am thinking of his momma too. Take care of you too.

#111427 November 9th, 2005 at 12:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
praying for ya vanessa, and peanut too kissies

#111428 November 9th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
Hopefully, 'Nessa, today and in the days ahead you'll be able to process a bit more of the information you heard yesterday. Even for a nurse, I'm sure that was way too much information to absorb and process all at once!

You know we are here for you every step of the way.

Merme

#111429 November 16th, 2005 at 09:51 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Today we had a conference at Peanut's school. His 30 day evaluation period was up and they are to begin therapy now. They always have a meeting to inform us of the plan of action.
Well, first of all...these people LOVE that baby. They each commented that he is a very special child and has stolen their hearts...he just has that affect on people. That in itself is so comforting to me, to know that he is in the hands of people who truely care about him and are not just "doing a job!"
Again, he has tested out to be a little over a year behind in almost every aspect of development. I have a stack of written reports from the occupational,vocational, speech/languge and fine motor skills therapists. A lot of information to try to digest. So, it boils down to 5 hard days a week of aggressive therapy. Most of it one on one...but some group interaction as well. We are still in the process of getting the neurological studies lined out...and will go from there!
Just thought I would keep you all updated on what we are learning! luv

#111430 November 16th, 2005 at 10:44 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
So, it boils down to 5 hard days a week of aggressive therapy.
...that along with 7 days of aggressive praying and we can't lose.
kissies

Cindy

#111431 November 16th, 2005 at 11:17 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
kissies

#111432 November 16th, 2005 at 01:46 PM
Hopefully we'll see some changes for the little man. He's had a hard time and needs a little change.

#111433 November 16th, 2005 at 08:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm so happy that he finally gets to start therapy kissies
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="COMIC SANS MS, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Took the words right out of my mouth!

#111434 November 16th, 2005 at 08:38 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That's good news Vanessa...
and hope for the future for that
precious little wee~one!!!

And I whole~heartedly agree with Cindy LouWho there with the prayin' kissies !!!...

#111435 November 17th, 2005 at 12:26 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
I thought yesterday was Sunday, so I didn't check the mail.
Then I found out this morning it was Tuesday! kissies

(...and thank you, Vanessa, for letting me have it. kissies I know how hard it is to part with something like that...)

Ant Cinja

#111436 November 17th, 2005 at 12:35 AM
B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B
Then I found out this morning it was Tuesday!
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... hate to tell you this, but today is Wednesday! perpl

#111437 November 17th, 2005 at 01:37 AM
frown i just wrote this really long reply and it got erased because i used too many graemlins - why didnt it just take me back to the message so i could erase some????
as i was saying laugh cindy - i thought i was the only one who lost track of days. you made me feel much better!!
and now i have to get off he computer and i have so much more to write frown frown
guess i just have to come back later

#111438 November 17th, 2005 at 01:44 AM
4Ruddy Offline OP
Wild Woman
OP Offline
Wild Woman
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... hate to tell you this, but today is Wednesday!
That's okay Ant Cinja...surely it is Tuesday SOMEWHERE!!! laugh laugh laugh

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard