A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: plants 'n pots highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 12:44 AM
gotcha Jiffy!

My first highlight today was getting seeds in the mail from Jiffy -
thanks so much!!! kissies

Second, was that when the car place called with the quote to fix the brakes on our son's car, it was 1/2 of what he was quoted where he lives up by the college he just graduated from! That was very do-able!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 12:50 AM
kissies great highlights lynne. glad you got the seeds.

my second highlight was seeing how fast you posted this! thank you. this has become one of my favorite features.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 02:44 AM
My first highlight of the day was riding out to my farm...and then Brennan Tate showed up! grinnnn

I brought Brennan home with me and there was an envelope in the mailbox from The JiffMaster! grinnnn

Cindy
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 03:04 AM
Sounds like you're having a Great day thumbup

Um, my highlight???? , ..........Let's see , I had to get up for work @ 4am, work with 200 teenagers who think I'm their mother, drive about 12 of them around when my work shift was over, come home and have my visitation with my friends 2yo and the father who she has a restraining order on (I'm the "neutral" person , at least noone said I had to be the "sane" person) and now it's pouring rain and I guess this is the highlight, the gardening forum thumbup home alone hanging out with my forum friends, I think I may even crack a bottle of wine! muggs
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 04:35 AM
Wow Mel... what do you do with 200 teenagers (my 1 drives me insane!) and why do they think that you are their mom?

A nice night home with your wine and sewing sounds like a plan to me! Though the dancing sounded fun in the other thread too! Whichever you end of doing, I hope you have a very enjoyable evening!
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 06:32 AM
wink My teenager wanted to borrow my jeans tonight.

Ha Ha (pointing and laughing).....too tight.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 07:00 AM
why do they think that you are their mom?

I work in the kitchen at a boarding school, I'm their mother, teacher, cook, nurse, taxi driver, shrink etc. , and I have a ball doing it! They're a lot of fun.

I'm on my second (or third???) glass of wine , so I guess it's staying in for me!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 07:31 AM
drink one for me?
Posted By: JV Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 07:40 AM
My highlight of the week: Trent ,Wolfman,Gertrude and Heathcliff's Aunt Cindy sent them some Avicakes just got today. Thank you so much aunt afgreparrott . kissies
Jimmy and all the birds

My other Highlight of the week my Granddaughter Jolene and husband came by and gave me a helping hand in more ways then one.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 07:43 AM
My teenager wanted to borrow my jeans tonight.

Ha Ha (pointing and laughing).....too tight.
Don't ya just LOVE that??? laugh thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 16th, 2005 at 11:34 PM
one highlight of the day for me, and one i forgot to post for the kids on thursday...

mine: hubby, who has always liked baseball, and has done quite a bit of umpiring, got a phone call to umpire 2 semi-pro games today. his first in that level!

the kids: mat, my younger daughter's bf, was walking to the park in front of the library, when a man came up to him asking if there was a heavy set blond woman in the library. (there were 2 working at the time, but a total of 3 work there.). mat didn't answer him, but kinda kept an eye out. when kate got there to pick mat up, he told her to go in the library and tell the ladies while he kept an eye on the man.

when the police came, turns out the man was already barred from the library, and when he was frisked before being put in the police car, the found a brand new box cutter on him. mat & kate felt like hero's, but they didn't leave the library until the ladies had locked up and left for the night.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 17th, 2005 at 12:04 AM
Oh, man...that is freaky, Jiffy. angell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 17th, 2005 at 12:10 AM
well, the funniest part was "call your mom, tell her about it, and TELL HER TO PUT IT ON HER WEBSITE!" laugh laugh and yeah, i bet they did. they were freaked out, so were the library ladies, and the good thing is the cop who came, we've known for years. he is a bit of a hard@$$ but, he told the ladies, "i see this guy around here again, i won't wait for a call, i'll just haul his butt off!" and since the library is next door to the police station, that isn't an idle threat!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 19th, 2005 at 09:38 AM
ok, so i am talking to myself... but, my highlight today...

when i went to my lion's club meeting, i saw a man that makes me smile every time i see him. he is 80something, a long time (25+years) lion, and a holocaust survivor. and the reason he makes me smile so when i see him, is that besides being a very nice person (he & his wife both are), he is one of the most giving and friendly people i know. and, he only gets to get out for about 5 hours a day (he's on oxygen over night, and sometimes during the day, cause of his age and he only has one lung), but he always saves part of his "out time" for lion's club. what a giver kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 19th, 2005 at 08:07 PM
My highlight yesterday was...

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table. Duh

Andy came in later in the day and said it was to pay my credit card bill...and I could pay him back.
He's crazy! laugh [Linked Image] laugh
PAY HIM BACK? ? ? ? ? lala

Cindy Jo
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 19th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
thumbup what a highlight cindy!!! being here this morning is my highlight for now...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 05:38 AM
my highlight today? getting seeds from

kissies

loz!
Posted By: weezie13 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 08:33 AM

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table.

Andy came in later in the day and said it was to pay my credit card bill...and I could pay him back.
Hey Cindy, could you, um, thumbup
Posted By: mich168 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 08:46 AM
How about 2 hours without coughing?

That's my highlight!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 09:10 AM
Originally posted by weezie13:

When I got up there was a blank check laying on the table.

Hey Cindy, could you, um, grinnnn too
grinnnn

...and it was so weird....we were in the restaurant for an hour and my cell phone rang...it hasn't rang since I got the new one (after I ran over the other new one with the lawn mower.....again)...just went straight to voice mail...anyway, it was Rachel. She asked me if I was in Shiloh's Road House...and I said yes...and she said she was in the parking lot and saw my truck...she was right there in the restaurant eating supper that close to me for an hour and I didn't even know it! shk

C-Faye
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 10:01 AM
oh my... that would be scarey....

my new highlight was that i was more popular on the phone that the kids tonight. phone rang a total of 7 times, 3 were personal calls for me, 3 were kids, and one was hubby! clp i'm getting popular again!!!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 10:13 AM
O.K....I'm gonna call you right now, Jiffy! grinnnn

Just kidding!!!!! laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 20th, 2005 at 10:49 AM
you could call! anytime between 7am and midnight. if you call earlier or later, i might talk, but won't remember the call (done that!!! laugh laugh )

highlight now? cindy threatening to call me too! thumbup call the house, the cell don't work when i am in the house.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 21st, 2005 at 09:00 AM
well, i guess i have the highlight again today. got to go to my daughters and dig about 30 amaryllis bulbs out, and a bunch of elephant ears thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 21st, 2005 at 10:33 PM
Highlight yesterday...
My Charles G brug is opening up! grinnnn

It is covered with buds (those pod things) nutz and some of them started opening yesterday.

Cindy Sue
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 22nd, 2005 at 07:17 AM
got seeds back!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 22nd, 2005 at 07:21 AM
oops shocked i mean, my highlight was getting seeds from a trade today thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 24th, 2005 at 04:07 AM
My highlight yesterday was getting my bidnez cards from Bill...and a present. kissies
I don't care what Cindy Janet says about you... frown laugh thumbup

Cindy Faye
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 24th, 2005 at 04:32 AM
Wow Cindy,those are so cool!

My highlight today is, Jimmys o k. luv

Also food,wonderful,yummy,delicious food.I've been on liquids for 3 days.

Sausage gravy on biscuits............oh Yeah!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 24th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
WOW cindy Faye...those are sharp...good job Mr. Bill! kissies
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 25th, 2005 at 05:37 AM
highlight today... a wonderful visit with mom54!! Mrs. Pat, you are special and i had a great time kissies
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 25th, 2005 at 05:39 AM
Awesome! wavey
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 25th, 2005 at 07:25 PM
My highlight yesterday was seeing Jillie here! grinnnn
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Cindy Faye
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 25th, 2005 at 09:00 PM
My highlight yesterday was seeing Jillie here!
It is so fun to see the excitement when Jillie posts...that's the joy of special people around here!

My highlight this morning....although there are many already...is the unbelievable soy candle that Darin brought me...It is orange Chiffon and I couldn't really figure out why he picked that one knowing that the fruitie scents are NOT my favorites...I like the more spicey scents. But, I fired her up anyway...and then I knew EXACTLY why he picked it. It smells just exactly like the bakery did every morning when I took the orange muffins out of the oven. They were one of our customers favorite muffins and there would be people hanging out waiting for them to come out of the oven so they could get a warm one. It took me back to those bakery memories...which was a fun time that Darin & I shared. Isn't it funny how we associate smells with different events! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 03:56 AM
my highlight was to find out jillie asked about me! clp

and, mel, when am i coming to maine? as soon as i can!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 04:25 AM
thumbup clp clp
Posted By: JV Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 05:42 AM
My highlight is not just for the day but more like the year. I found this website made such wonderful friends. Everytime I get in trouble there you all are being lead by Vanessa and Cindy Praying for me I feel each and every prayer too. Thank you all so much. I am in love with all you women. I like the men a lot too Mike57,Bill,Will Creed,Phoenix. laugh Hope I didn't miss anyone. Gonna go before I get mushy and start snotting up.
Jimmy
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 05:56 AM
*sniff*sniff* Jimmy kissies

coming here is my highlight today.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 07:13 AM
Jimmy...you are so sweet.
That made tears pop out of my eyes.

Love you, my friend kissies

Cindy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:15 AM
Jimmy you are the highlight of our day...everyday...except when we CAN'T FIND you!!! laugh

I have had so many highlights lately...just can't contain it!
flw TODAY: Peanut said .."uh...oof ...eee.."

In Peanut language that is "one, two, three"..and I KNOW he understood it because I was doing my fingers as he counted...we have been working on that for over 3 months. AND...usually when he says something...he may never repeat it again...like "mommy"...remember that? Never has said it again...but...he counted again for Uncle Darin........I only bawled for an hour..........

That made tears pop out of my eyes.
Is that in referance to Pop goes the weez....oh laugh you know!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:38 AM
OMG! Vanessa...you have to get a video of that! eek
........I only bawled for an hour..........
...and now I have tears popping out of my eyes again. shocked

Cindy Faye
P.S. From now on it's always gonna be "pop goes the weezie" for me! laugh lala
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
Well...I have been about to "pop the weezie" waiting on you to see this one........I was just so SHOCKED...I bet he thought "what's up with my idiot mommy?"...I can hardly talk about it without bawling all over again! He has came a LONG way!!!!!
All day I have been spudderin & griping about all this crappy painting and repairing.....and then that happened...I am THANKFUL...THANKFUL...I am HERE...painting and repairing....think I might just paint all night!
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:48 AM
Did he learn the counting in school already?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:56 AM
They are actually working on "eyes, ears, nose & mouth"...and getting ZERO response from him.
We started working on the 1,2,3 several months ago with one of his videos...and BAM...this just outta the blue! Daddy has really been pounding it to him...and I wish you all could have seen him...nothin like a grown man bawlin & slingin snot! i'm so sappy all over myself...here, have another Reeses Peanut buttercup...I've already had 6......(and, unfortunately...they wern't the miniatures!) :rolleyes:
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:58 AM
And...I know, I know...they weren't actually "words"....but such correct sounds....that is a BIG BIG step. He may never be able to say "words" ....but if he can make audible sounds that we can understand...I'll take it.....wanna another Reeses?
Posted By: WyoMom Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 10:24 AM
Vanessa this is such great news. Real words or not, Peanut knew what he was doing and that is just great.
Nancy
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 10:27 AM
Peanut knew what he was doing
And that is half the battle right there...I have just been bouncing off the walls....

and they have wet paint on them! shk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 10:50 AM
oh vanessa, that is such a blessing and a highlight! when k was peanuts age, she couldn't talk. so, she had a vocabulary of about 10 words... (the ever present NO) eee was her sister ellie, boo was her brother matthew, maa was me, daa was daddy, daw was dog, and that was it. and we worked on those words all the time to make sure she would keep saying them. then, one day, she said "koo kee" as we went down that aisle in the grocery store! oh my gosh! i was beside myself. i looked at her and said what? koo kee. i must have got her to say it 30 times in the next 2 weeks. i video taped it for about 20 minutes. can you imagine (well, i guess YOU can shocked ) 20 minutes of "koo kee"

that was the last thing she added to her vocabulary for over a year. then, she added "unkee tony". that was it! then, we found out she had a neuro short and couldn't hear the sounds right, and got the words she got by trying to make her mouth look like ours! now, i can't shut her up, but she had 2 years of therapy before anyone could understand anything else.

sorry for the book, but i wanted you to know how well i do understand and rejoice in your highlight!!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 11:04 AM
OMG Jiff...that is so encouraging!!!! I don't know what goes through little P~Nut's mind...I don't think he watches our mouths because he will rarely look at you...and sometimes when he does..it is a blank stare....that totally freaks daddy out...he can't stand it.He may get up in the morning and say it again...and like "mommy" he may not EVER say it again....I just never know....but I do KNOW...that it doesn't take much of that to make my heart flutter for a week!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 11:09 AM
vanessa, one of the things the therapist got kate to do was put her fingers on our throat (adam's apple) to help her understand where the sounds came from. maybe you could make a game of that with peanut?
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 11:18 AM
Are you trying to get me KILLED Jiff??? I have a constant battle already with him choking the daylights out of me. He doesn't realize his strength and he can take me down in a New York minute! And that may be all he is trying to do is "touch"...but I have battle wounds from his touches! laugh He bruises himself a lot....the school tells me that is part od it...but it is a very sad part.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 11:31 AM
ugh... i didn't know that. sorry shocked

well, at least, there is hope anyway... hang in there, i'm praying for ya!
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 03:38 PM
Oh Vanessa, I'm so happy for you guys!!! This is great ! thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 05:14 PM
Oh Vanessa, I'm so happy for you guys!!! This is great !
I only wish you could see him do it!

It must have took a lot out of him because he had an waeful night last night...the night thing seems to be getting worse! I GOTTA call Triss today for instructions...she's a pro!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 07:22 PM
Wow,Vannessa...I'm hopping up and down right now,so very excited for you! What a great accomplishment for the Peanut!!!!!!

Now...if we could just do something about his sleeping.......
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 08:29 PM
Hopefully they will address that on the 7th at his appt at Children's ...and be able to do something about it. He is up more than he sleeps... and it is getting worse instead of better. But, he enjoys going to school so I don't know why it is getting worse. Just part of it I guess...it's killing this old woman!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 08:33 PM
I guess I owe you all an apology, I feel like I highjacked this thread on Peanut's behalf...but I wanted it to be your highlight as well...Peanut is kind of the Garden Helper Poster Child or something....and you all have been through literally everything with him...so I do apologize if I get overly crazy and outta line!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 09:07 PM
my highlight today:

Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
...Peanut is kind of the Garden Helper Poster Child or something....
yep, he sure is, and no apologies necessary!

other highlights: seeds from lynne kissies my brecks order thumbup i miss him, even after 21 years!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 10:24 PM
My highlight - being able to come home here, and catch up with all of you! You all sure have been busy!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 26th, 2005 at 11:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My highlight - being able to come home here, and catch up with all of you!
That is a highlight for us also Lynne! We sure miss our friends when they have to be away....it's like having part of your family gone for a bit! The week & 1/2 of no computer just about did me in because I missed everyone here so much...and I was even talking to everyone on the phone.....just wasn't the same as hangin out together! Glad you are hooked back up!
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 27th, 2005 at 12:56 AM
[Linked Image]

Gee, 'Nessa - keep talking to me like that and I'll never leave the house/computer! Not a good idea - I've been slowy gaining back all the weight I lost - I'm so frustrated about that!

But... I'm so very excited for you and the "gift" that Peanut gave you yesterday! I can only imagine your joy in hearing him say those sweet words!

I know exactly what you mean about his holding on to your neck a bit too tightly too. When I taught 3-5 year old autistic boys for 2 summers, we once went on a field trip to the Bronx Zoo. (Don't know whose hairbrained idea that was - the kids were miserable the entire time!) Anyway, one boy in particular had a death grip on my neck on the bus, and eventually bit me on the shoulder - luckily he didn't break the skin - it was very difficult to remove him from me. I wasn't upset about the bite, but more so, about how agitated the kids were about the trip...

Not to say that Peanut is like those boys - they were severly autistic - there are so many different degrees that are diagnosed nowadays, and so much more progress is made with them, it's wonderful! And you have him in such a wonderful school now - can't wait to hear about his next accomplishment!

Speaking of peanuts - I'm posting a recipe that I saw on the new Marth Stewart show this morning for peanut brittle - it looked so yummy!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 27th, 2005 at 02:16 AM
Anyway, one boy in particular had a death grip on my neck
That is EXACTLY what he does! He is only 2 but has the strength of a grown man! He can take me down in a minute...and that is NO exageration. He doesn't "mean" to harm me...he just doesn't understand. Thankfully, he is not a biter...but he can sure kick the dawg out of you!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 02:57 AM
highlight! went to the dentist today, had no cavities, no problems, nada! and the best part? NO COPAY!!!! clp
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 03:28 AM
[QUOTE] NO COPAY!!!! [/QUOTE

That is a GREAT part of it JIff! I don't even have to have dental insurance anymore! laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 09:54 PM
My highlight yesterday...
Waking up and finding this in front of the window behind my piano. When I went to bed the blooms had just started to open a little...when I woke up..... grinnnn
[Linked Image]

Cindy Sue
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 09:59 PM
Cindy BOO HOO - you just gotta stop taunting me like that!!! eek frown :p

That is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! kissies
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 10:05 PM
Lynne...as soon as I find out when, where and how to get cuttings, I'm sending you some! kissies

[Linked Image]

Cindy Faye
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 28th, 2005 at 10:21 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT PICTURE HAS TO BE PUBLISHED SOMEWHERE!!!

It's waaaaaaaaaaay beyond words! thumbup
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 29th, 2005 at 12:55 AM
Lynne is right...it is magazine cover quality! ABSOLUTELY GORGIOUS!
That is the most graceful bloom I thinkI have ever seen! Do they come in other colors? I have just never seen anything so beautiful!
I think that picture all by itself would change your gardening status/tittle..

Super Duper Picture Perfect Gardener!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 29th, 2005 at 04:54 AM
Originally posted by plants 'n pots:
[b]OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's waaaaaaaaaaay beyond words! thumbup [/b]
well, if cindy sue will give us permission, we will publish it here, in one of the new plant pages that are in the works... (id pages)
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 29th, 2005 at 05:06 AM
Well...I don't have much of an ID for it! shocked
It's either Frosty Pink, Charles G. or Unknown Pink...njoynit had them marked very well, and as usual I messed up... :rolleyes:

I'll ask her what it is...she'll know. She is it's grandmother.

Cindy Sue
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 29th, 2005 at 05:36 AM
Hi all,

My highlight today was getting back from the wal-mart without having to take a taxi. I messed up of course and had a two hour wait for the bus. But I made it. And I finally got the divergence to stop at my building rather than down the block which was a good thing to. I was so tired and ache when I finally got home I took a sitz bath and went straight to bed. Hopefully I have enough energy for the trunk or treat tomorrow in the church parking lot. I can't wait to see all the children all dressed up. They are so cute.
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 30th, 2005 at 02:05 AM
Woohoo I got 20 crocus and 20 daffodil bulbs for 10.00 total. I'm thinking that is pretty good. And I got them in the ground and mulched all in the same day. I hope they grow well.
Posted By: melcon6 Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 30th, 2005 at 03:04 AM
My highlight today was serving Michael Mcdonald of the Doobie Brothers some raspberry crumble!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 30th, 2005 at 03:10 AM
WOW Mel...impressive! My brother was a Doobie Bros fan!
I keep having to come back here to look at the pic od the flower...it is ao awesome!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - October 30th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
highlight today? sneaking in here for 15 minutes while the house is empty!

tk, that is good, i have daffodils still in the bag waiting for me :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 04:04 AM
highlight today (no, i am not going to let this topic die... it helps me through my days)

getting a package of water lettuce from girraffe, and cd's of my best friends wedding pictures in the mail! isn't that awesome?! i'll post a pic of my best friend later...
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 04:10 AM
I hope you don't let this topic die! It is an inspiration for us all! I have just had too MANY great highlights to choose from lately! I like it like that!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 04:29 AM
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
I hope you don't let this topic die! It is an inspiration for us all! I have just had too MANY great highlights to choose from lately! I like it like that!
me too! and i had another one, and forgot to put it... my fish ate today! clp
Posted By: duckie Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
highlight today (no, i am not going to let this topic die... it helps me through my days)

thumbup me too!

my highlight today is a second job........no wait.......really, it's a good thing.
Christmas is coming soon and the high heating bills are kinda freaking me out.
I'm one of those folks that need money in the savings.It just makes me feel safe.
And the bouncers are really cuties. lala
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 10:30 AM
And the bouncers are really cuties.
thumbup laugh thumbup
He wasn't here. grinnnn
Need I say more? lala
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 10:36 AM
One of my highlights today....
A waddling duck came to visit!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

cool
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 10:40 AM
Too Too Cute, Vanessa!!!

by the way, is that the new linoleum floor you put in the kitchen? Very nice!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 1st, 2005 at 11:26 AM
thumbup Adorable!!! thumbup
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 2nd, 2005 at 01:07 AM
Woohoo!!! The place behind me that they are tearing down is letting me take the bricks. And the crew are so sweet that they are knocking off the mortar and seperating out the good ones for me. Isn't that sweet. I can't even begin to imagine what this would cost at the store. I am so lucky. So far I have toted down 73 bricks. 10 bricks at a time because that's all I can handle. But I am so pleased.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 2nd, 2005 at 01:20 AM
Oh TK...that IS awesome!!! I would LOVE to run into a deal like that! Yes...bricks are expensive...and there are tons of stuff you can to with them! Congrats on your haul!!!!
Posted By: comfrey Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 2nd, 2005 at 03:26 AM
Wow tk that is great, I hope the landlord likes bricks laugh
Posted By: tkhooper Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 2nd, 2005 at 09:16 PM
He told me a better way to unload them so I'm assuming he is on the band wagon. I brought down four more loads this morning so I have over 100 and they haven't torn down the chimney yet. And that should give me more than enough for all kinds of fun things to do. I can't wait for payday when I can get mortar. Then I have to pray that the temperatures stay above 50 F so I can get the edging in. Woohoo.
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 2nd, 2005 at 10:33 PM
TK...that sounds like SOOO much fun! Hubby use to be a brick layer and he is really good at doing unusual brick patterns. We were getting ready to do some brick gardens at the other house before the move. I am really glad we drug our feet and didn't do it..it would have killed me to leave that!
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:09 PM
This is a COOL highlight!!!!
Remember a few weeks ago when we had our satalite dish thing put in and they guys dug up one of me hostas that I had been babying....and turned it under or something... mad

WELL...today I went out and was kickin around...checking my babies out ...and low & behold...

MY BABY SPROUTED BACK!!!! Yep...bigger than Dallas...just popped right back out...talk about determination. I am so proud of that little hosta.....I'm gonna name it Cinja Hostage! thumbup
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 3rd, 2005 at 12:34 PM
Yep...bigger than Dallas...
I always say "Bigger than Corbin!"

That's the next town...and they have like 10 more people than us! laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 3rd, 2005 at 10:27 PM
My highlight today was waking up this morning to find this on my dressing table - my gift from my husband for our 26th anniversary. We haven't been spending $ on gifts of late - trying to conserve - but I'll take a plant any day of the week! Duh
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 3rd, 2005 at 11:04 PM
Get him a plant also...then you will have 2 !
Posted By: 4Ruddy Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 3rd, 2005 at 11:07 PM
And...I meant to wish you a happy 26th Anniversary. That is a wonderful accomplishment...
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 4th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
Thanks, Vanessa!

No accomplishment, really... it isn't always wonderland, ya know? But we made our promises years ago, and we hope to honor them no matter what it takes...

Another highlight - my daughter has already finished her homework and is already practicing her flute - sooooo - there is no reason for her not to get to bed on time tonite!!!
YEA FOR THAT! kissies clp :rolleyes:
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 5th, 2005 at 10:11 AM
happy anniversary lynne!

my highlight today? finally after a week, making it back on here!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 8th, 2005 at 09:42 AM
highlight today:

I went to a Leo Club meeting. Leo Clubs are kinda like jr. Lion's Clubs for teenagers and young adults. i was so impressed with those young adults. they have committed to the following:

providing 25 holiday food baskets (Christmas) for needy families in the area, including some toys for the kids...

providing gifts for 10 children at the annual after Christmas party at a local non-profit children's home (our club does the main event every year, for at least 25 kids - however many are in the home by Dec. 1)

helping another lion's club, that is mainly retired folks, with their annual Christmas tree sale

and, they are considering helping with my club's health and resource fair in January. they also had 10 members helping with the recent "river's alive" river cleanup here.

these are kids who are in JROTC, high school, and who knows what else, but they are taking the time to help others. what a highlight.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 8th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
oh, so that they will get the kudos if anyone from this area comes on here, the kids are from Windsor Forest High School in Savannah.

Lynne, will you keep an eye and start a new one as soon as this finishes? kissies
Posted By: MaryReboakly Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 8th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Happy anniversary, Lynne! Whoosh, 26 years is a long time... and you're both still alive - that is definitely an accomplishment! laugh

My highlight today isn't anywhere near as exciting...but it did make my day and I know my garden palies will understand.

Jiffy, That Leo club sounds amazing - what a great thing for kids to be involved with. I'm willing to bet it really helps their self-esteem too, which is soooo needed at that age.

Even though there were some technical difficulties revolving around the occasion (see bee pollen - am I an idiot? ) Helen helped me bag 5 bags of leaves for next year's compost heaps! grinnnn Compost makes me happy! laugh
Posted By: plants 'n pots Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 8th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
26 years is a long time... and you're both still alive - that is definitely an accomplishment!
I guess so, huh?!? I wouldn't say we have a blissful marriage, but we are hanging in there - my sister went through a dreadful divorce that dragged on for over 4 years and she had 3 attorneys - what a mess! So, we do our best...

Thanks Jiffy and Mary for the congrats!

Mary - that is a great highlight. My husband has a compost pile out back too, but we have soooooooo many leaves from the 5 townplanted maples out front, and the trees in the conservatioin easement in back, that he is forever raking them up and having to bag them up for pick up at the curb. We used to be able to just dump them in the woods behind us - that was before they built 4 houses on the wetlands that were never supposed to be touched... frown

My highlight for today - not falling asleep during the 3 hour defensive driving class we went to this evening! thumbup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: highlights 3 for me and thee! - November 9th, 2005 at 12:11 AM
ok lynne, time for a new one! wink
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]