This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#109881 October 30th, 2005 at 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlight today? sneaking in here for 15 minutes while the house is empty!

tk, that is good, i have daffodils still in the bag waiting for me :rolleyes:

#109882 November 1st, 2005 at 04:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlight today (no, i am not going to let this topic die... it helps me through my days)

getting a package of water lettuce from girraffe, and cd's of my best friends wedding pictures in the mail! isn't that awesome?! i'll post a pic of my best friend later...

#109883 November 1st, 2005 at 04:10 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
I hope you don't let this topic die! It is an inspiration for us all! I have just had too MANY great highlights to choose from lately! I like it like that!

#109884 November 1st, 2005 at 04:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by 4Ruddy:
I hope you don't let this topic die! It is an inspiration for us all! I have just had too MANY great highlights to choose from lately! I like it like that!
me too! and i had another one, and forgot to put it... my fish ate today! clp

#109885 November 1st, 2005 at 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jiffymouse:
highlight today (no, i am not going to let this topic die... it helps me through my days)

thumbup me too!

my highlight today is a second job........no wait.......really, it's a good thing.
Christmas is coming soon and the high heating bills are kinda freaking me out.
I'm one of those folks that need money in the savings.It just makes me feel safe.
And the bouncers are really cuties. lala

#109886 November 1st, 2005 at 10:30 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
And the bouncers are really cuties.
thumbup laugh thumbup
He wasn't here. grinnnn
Need I say more? lala
[Linked Image]

#109887 November 1st, 2005 at 10:36 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
One of my highlights today....
A waddling duck came to visit!!!!!!!

[Linked Image]

cool

#109888 November 1st, 2005 at 10:40 AM
OP Offline
Too Too Cute, Vanessa!!!

by the way, is that the new linoleum floor you put in the kitchen? Very nice!

#109889 November 1st, 2005 at 11:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thumbup Adorable!!! thumbup

#109890 November 2nd, 2005 at 01:07 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
Woohoo!!! The place behind me that they are tearing down is letting me take the bricks. And the crew are so sweet that they are knocking off the mortar and seperating out the good ones for me. Isn't that sweet. I can't even begin to imagine what this would cost at the store. I am so lucky. So far I have toted down 73 bricks. 10 bricks at a time because that's all I can handle. But I am so pleased.

#109891 November 2nd, 2005 at 01:20 AM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Oh TK...that IS awesome!!! I would LOVE to run into a deal like that! Yes...bricks are expensive...and there are tons of stuff you can to with them! Congrats on your haul!!!!

#109892 November 2nd, 2005 at 03:26 AM
Wow tk that is great, I hope the landlord likes bricks laugh

#109893 November 2nd, 2005 at 09:16 PM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
He told me a better way to unload them so I'm assuming he is on the band wagon. I brought down four more loads this morning so I have over 100 and they haven't torn down the chimney yet. And that should give me more than enough for all kinds of fun things to do. I can't wait for payday when I can get mortar. Then I have to pray that the temperatures stay above 50 F so I can get the edging in. Woohoo.

#109894 November 2nd, 2005 at 10:33 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
TK...that sounds like SOOO much fun! Hubby use to be a brick layer and he is really good at doing unusual brick patterns. We were getting ready to do some brick gardens at the other house before the move. I am really glad we drug our feet and didn't do it..it would have killed me to leave that!

#109895 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:09 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
This is a COOL highlight!!!!
Remember a few weeks ago when we had our satalite dish thing put in and they guys dug up one of me hostas that I had been babying....and turned it under or something... mad

WELL...today I went out and was kickin around...checking my babies out ...and low & behold...

MY BABY SPROUTED BACK!!!! Yep...bigger than Dallas...just popped right back out...talk about determination. I am so proud of that little hosta.....I'm gonna name it Cinja Hostage! thumbup

#109896 November 3rd, 2005 at 12:34 PM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Yep...bigger than Dallas...
I always say "Bigger than Corbin!"

That's the next town...and they have like 10 more people than us! laugh

#109897 November 3rd, 2005 at 10:27 PM
OP Offline
My highlight today was waking up this morning to find this on my dressing table - my gift from my husband for our 26th anniversary. We haven't been spending $ on gifts of late - trying to conserve - but I'll take a plant any day of the week! Duh

#109898 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:04 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
Get him a plant also...then you will have 2 !

#109899 November 3rd, 2005 at 11:07 PM
Wild Woman
Wild Woman
And...I meant to wish you a happy 26th Anniversary. That is a wonderful accomplishment...

#109900 November 4th, 2005 at 06:14 AM
OP Offline
Thanks, Vanessa!

No accomplishment, really... it isn't always wonderland, ya know? But we made our promises years ago, and we hope to honor them no matter what it takes...

Another highlight - my daughter has already finished her homework and is already practicing her flute - sooooo - there is no reason for her not to get to bed on time tonite!!!
YEA FOR THAT! kissies clp :rolleyes:

#109901 November 5th, 2005 at 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
happy anniversary lynne!

my highlight today? finally after a week, making it back on here!

#109902 November 8th, 2005 at 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
highlight today:

I went to a Leo Club meeting. Leo Clubs are kinda like jr. Lion's Clubs for teenagers and young adults. i was so impressed with those young adults. they have committed to the following:

providing 25 holiday food baskets (Christmas) for needy families in the area, including some toys for the kids...

providing gifts for 10 children at the annual after Christmas party at a local non-profit children's home (our club does the main event every year, for at least 25 kids - however many are in the home by Dec. 1)

helping another lion's club, that is mainly retired folks, with their annual Christmas tree sale

and, they are considering helping with my club's health and resource fair in January. they also had 10 members helping with the recent "river's alive" river cleanup here.

these are kids who are in JROTC, high school, and who knows what else, but they are taking the time to help others. what a highlight.

#109903 November 8th, 2005 at 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, so that they will get the kudos if anyone from this area comes on here, the kids are from Windsor Forest High School in Savannah.

Lynne, will you keep an eye and start a new one as soon as this finishes? kissies

#109904 November 8th, 2005 at 10:51 AM
Happy anniversary, Lynne! Whoosh, 26 years is a long time... and you're both still alive - that is definitely an accomplishment! laugh

My highlight today isn't anywhere near as exciting...but it did make my day and I know my garden palies will understand.

Jiffy, That Leo club sounds amazing - what a great thing for kids to be involved with. I'm willing to bet it really helps their self-esteem too, which is soooo needed at that age.

Even though there were some technical difficulties revolving around the occasion (see bee pollen - am I an idiot? ) Helen helped me bag 5 bags of leaves for next year's compost heaps! grinnnn Compost makes me happy! laugh

#109905 November 8th, 2005 at 11:01 AM
OP Offline
26 years is a long time... and you're both still alive - that is definitely an accomplishment!
I guess so, huh?!? I wouldn't say we have a blissful marriage, but we are hanging in there - my sister went through a dreadful divorce that dragged on for over 4 years and she had 3 attorneys - what a mess! So, we do our best...

Thanks Jiffy and Mary for the congrats!

Mary - that is a great highlight. My husband has a compost pile out back too, but we have soooooooo many leaves from the 5 townplanted maples out front, and the trees in the conservatioin easement in back, that he is forever raking them up and having to bag them up for pick up at the curb. We used to be able to just dump them in the woods behind us - that was before they built 4 houses on the wetlands that were never supposed to be touched... frown

My highlight for today - not falling asleep during the 3 hour defensive driving class we went to this evening! thumbup

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard