A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: ethel I love to grow edible things - August 25th, 2004 at 06:22 AM
I never had any interest in growing edible things, except blueberries when I lived in Pennsylvania. Then one year I picked a couple of herb plants up at the supermarket, herbs I liked to eat fresh, and planted them in my flower garden. When I picked fresh herbs off my plants and put them into our food for dinner and served it, I suddenly was overwhelmed with the greatest feeling. I suddenly felt like a really good mom! So I had to admit, "Hmmm. Maybe I'd enjoy gardening more than I thought." When we moved to Colorado two years ago, I had a perfect garden spot, so now I'm growing lots of edibles: rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries, squash, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, cantaloupe, peppers, snow and sugarsnap peas, and lots of herbs. I'm especially proud of my cilantro and Thai basil this year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I love to grow edible things - August 25th, 2004 at 12:30 PM
Hi Ethel wavey Nice to meet you! Wow you've got quite a list of edibles you're growing(when's dinner laugh )

Glad you could join us!

Karen grinnnn
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: I love to grow edible things - August 25th, 2004 at 02:37 PM
Hi, Ethel! wavey
Welcome to the forum! We love new friends here!
Glad you joined, and NICE TO MEET YOU!!!

Cindy
Posted By: Sami Re: I love to grow edible things - August 25th, 2004 at 10:59 PM
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you've become quite a gardener!
Posted By: Triss Re: I love to grow edible things - August 26th, 2004 at 04:54 AM
Ethel,

That is quite a list. Im in awe as my vegetable garden only has tomatoes, peppers and one lonely watermellon. I am hoping to extend next year so may be looking to you for advice. I grew up in CO and remember my mom always grew strawberries.

Welcome to the group.
Triss
Posted By: KDH Re: I love to grow edible things - September 2nd, 2004 at 04:11 AM
Hello,

Have your grown all of these wonderful things organically? I am very interested in veges, etc. that are grown without chemical fertilizers.

Thanks for your response and welcome to this site!!

Karen Duh
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]