A Gardeners Forum
Posted By: Merme Maxi's Comment - December 13th, 2004 at 07:12 PM
On Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church, I picked up the brush to re-brush Maxi's hair because he hadn't done a very thorough job of it. Maxi has very thick and very beautiful hair, and I used the moment to do another Mom-like "public service announcement", reminding him that pretty hair still needs a good brushing. thumbup

He looked at me and asked "Mommy, why did God give me such pretty hair?"
"Oh, He just wanted to do something nice for you, Maxi."
"But Mommy, He already did."
"Oh? What was that?"
"He gave me you, Mommy." and with a shrug, he turned to go play outside.

Sometimes, his generous and sweet remarks are breathtaking, and Sunday morning was no exception. This child just plain loves me so, regardless of anything I may or may not be or in spite of what I can or can not do. Being loved like this keeps me humble because the love exists apart from merit.

Merme
Posted By: jogger Re: Maxi's Comment - December 13th, 2004 at 11:53 PM
Merme.
There is no greater gift in life, to love and be loved..
Doreen.
Posted By: afgreyparrot Re: Maxi's Comment - December 14th, 2004 at 01:07 AM
That's so sweet, Merme!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Maxi's Comment - December 14th, 2004 at 03:24 PM
From the mouth of a babe can come the greatest wisdom thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn
Posted By: sachis2112 Re: Maxi's Comment - December 14th, 2004 at 11:01 PM
I have to say, Merme, that I disagree with you on love existing apart from merit. It is because we are worth something that we are loved. It is because of who you are and what you mean to Maxi that Maxi loves you... although at this age, we can't expect him to articulate that!!! laugh laugh

Don't ever cheapen yourself when it comes to love. Always remember that no human loves unconditionally, not even a parent. Unconditional love is not to say "I love you no matter what". It is to say "I love you for no reason at all".

But Maxi and those around you love you because of the value you bring to their life and to every life you touch! cool
© A Gardeners Forum [Archive]