This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#101083 December 13th, 2004 at 07:12 PM
Merme Offline OP
OP Offline
On Sunday morning while we were getting ready for church, I picked up the brush to re-brush Maxi's hair because he hadn't done a very thorough job of it. Maxi has very thick and very beautiful hair, and I used the moment to do another Mom-like "public service announcement", reminding him that pretty hair still needs a good brushing. thumbup

He looked at me and asked "Mommy, why did God give me such pretty hair?"
"Oh, He just wanted to do something nice for you, Maxi."
"But Mommy, He already did."
"Oh? What was that?"
"He gave me you, Mommy." and with a shrug, he turned to go play outside.

Sometimes, his generous and sweet remarks are breathtaking, and Sunday morning was no exception. This child just plain loves me so, regardless of anything I may or may not be or in spite of what I can or can not do. Being loved like this keeps me humble because the love exists apart from merit.

Merme

#101084 December 13th, 2004 at 11:53 PM
J
J
Merme.
There is no greater gift in life, to love and be loved..
Doreen.

#101085 December 14th, 2004 at 01:07 AM
Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
That's so sweet, Merme!

#101086 December 14th, 2004 at 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the mouth of a babe can come the greatest wisdom thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#101087 December 14th, 2004 at 11:01 PM
I have to say, Merme, that I disagree with you on love existing apart from merit. It is because we are worth something that we are loved. It is because of who you are and what you mean to Maxi that Maxi loves you... although at this age, we can't expect him to articulate that!!! laugh laugh

Don't ever cheapen yourself when it comes to love. Always remember that no human loves unconditionally, not even a parent. Unconditional love is not to say "I love you no matter what". It is to say "I love you for no reason at all".

But Maxi and those around you love you because of the value you bring to their life and to every life you touch! cool

Link Copied to Clipboard