This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9934 September 4th, 2003 at 10:24 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I was walking around the edge of my yard recently where it meets the woods, and I found that I have the most beautiful purple morning glories growing in the mix over there.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get seeds from them or how to reproduce them. They're really beautiful but they're in a place where they can't be seen at all and I want them to be seen as much as possible.

If you can offer any tips, please do. Thanks. confused

#9935 September 4th, 2003 at 02:20 PM
where the flowers bloom it will form a round pea sized pod will swell and be green for a bit then will turn brown when turns brown is ready to pick.i let sit in butter bow for a week then place in pill bottle or film canister.when get ready to sow can soak seed over night or can scratch seed on pavement or rock.seeds are anywhere from black to brown to tan.they like poor soil no fertilizer.
so what color ya got? i got a few different kinds.am going to decorate my back woods next year so is colorful with all my seed.i have 6 different kinds.they bloom better in sun than shade but will bloom in shade.I've also done in hanging basket B4& was nice also& I've covered a mailbox before my mailman said looked so nice exceept my non functioning flag..LOL

#9936 September 4th, 2003 at 09:18 PM
T
OP Offline
T
When will the seed pods be ready to harvest? It seems that the only way I am going to be able to get them is to clear out the area right there where they grow and that can be a problem beacuse of my location. I really want to get those things into a better location, but it is so over-grown and possibly crawling with snakes that I am afraid to. I will grab a hoe and go to hoein' when I am able. Hopefully I will be able to get soemthing... I love those things.

Anywho, you can click here for a picture that looks sort of like mine. The puple ones, though. Not the whites. I will get a picture for you tommorrow.

Thanks so much.

-=The Prynce

#9937 September 5th, 2003 at 05:04 AM
I
I
you can also just dig some up and replant them where you want them.

#9938 September 6th, 2003 at 10:44 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

The picture that I posed was just a picture of other MGs that look like mine. Here are some actual pictures of mine that I took yestarday morning (They're not too close-up. Plus they were already begining to close up. Sorry.):

plants/MG3.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

This one shows bug-eaten leaves which is another reason I want to grow some in a controlled enviroment.
plants/MG2.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/MG1.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/MG4.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

There is some yellow-flowered plant in this picture. It shows the leaves and flowers but not all of it. It also has some little thingies, not really leaves, coming out on the stem. I was wondering if anyone knew what this was? Rosemary, perhaps? The thingies have a strong smell...
plants/MG.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Thanks, people.

-=The Prynce

Link Copied to Clipboard