This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#99206 July 2nd, 2004 at 12:57 AM
M
OP Offline
M
leaves like lambs ear, only not so fuzzy, and has dark pink flowers that look kinda like an impatient? I thought the stuff was lambs ear until it bloomed...now I have no clue.
I also have another plant that has leaves that look similar to a geranium, but sends up tall stalks and gets tiny orange flowers that resemble miniature coreopsis flowers. It is a low lying plant.
Ideas?

#99207 July 2nd, 2004 at 04:21 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
leaves like lambs ear, only not so fuzzy, and has dark pink flowers that look kinda like an impatient? I thought the stuff was lambs ear until it bloomed...now I have no clue.
Lamb's Ear's have pink flowers you know!!
Lamb\'s Ear\'s Pink Flowers Pictures

Let us know!
Weezie

#99208 July 2nd, 2004 at 01:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally posted by weezie13:
[QB]
Lamb's Ear's have pink flowers you know!!
Lamb\'s Ear\'s Pink Flowers Pictures

Let us know!
Nope, it isn't that. The flowers on this stuff are not like that. It is like an impatient on the end of a stalk. One bloom per stalk. I may have to smoosh some more flowers onto my scanner, huh? LOL

#99209 July 2nd, 2004 at 01:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Well, smooshin' can't hurt!!!!
We like pictures..............

But..........................
Try this one????
Lychnis coronaria/Rose Campion

Then that way, if it's this one,
you won't have to smoosh!!

Weezie

If this is the one, I LOVE these cool cool cool

#99210 July 3rd, 2004 at 02:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats is IT! Weezie...I think I love you. cool

I will try and scan a pic of the first plant I was describing tomorrow. I am NOT venturing outside right now, I can see the mosquito's licking their chops out there.

#99211 July 3rd, 2004 at 06:34 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Is that first URL working?
And can anyone still see the picture?
I went to re~see it again, and I couldn't see a thing..

I'll re~post another one!!

lychnis

Weezie

#99212 July 3rd, 2004 at 06:38 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Murphyette,
I am so glad I was able to put a name to your flower!
I know exactly what you go thru to want to know a name and not be able to know it, to find out about it and it's growing needs! angell gave me some time to play in the garden with such beautiful flowers flw and very nice gab people to share it with!!!

Weezie

#99213 July 3rd, 2004 at 12:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
No, the first link didn't work, but I didn't want ot pester you, so I just copied and pasted the name at Google. grinnnn
I think it is almost my favorite flower in my garden. The color of the foliage, and the color of the flowers is so beautiful against each other. They have been blooming for quite some time now.

#99214 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:22 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Murphyette,
If you keep the area around the plant open and compost like material around the base....
It will reseed for you too!
I don't believe the actual plant itself comes back, it relies on the seeds to create more of it's self.
I am a composter and I use leave mould, so it reseeds for me pretty good.
I'm not sure about when large chunck's of pine bark or the like are used for mulch under it!
It seems the finer consistancy used around it~ the more likely hood of it's seeds' survival.

But experiment, let some fall naturally around, collect some seed and put in some dirt filled pots and over winter outside, and save some in a cool area of your house inside a mailing envelope.
I don't know enough about the seed to know how to treat the seed for next season's use.
(*like needing to have cold or freezing temps to activate it or if it can just be sprinkled on the ground or covered, seeds have different growing requirements..)
I usually let mother nature do my seed saving???

Weezie

#99215 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:27 PM
M
OP Offline
M
OK, I got off my bootie and scanned the other mystery flower. The flowers grow on long stalks, and the foliage is low lying to the ground.
[Linked Image]

#99216 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:37 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
It's a Geum,
I'll find you some info on it!

Weezie

#99217 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:41 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Geum

Could be a different cultivar name *the last part of the name, with Borisii part to it....
So many of those latin names I haven't quite learned yet??

I have these too, very pretty, nice clumping habit, no care for it at all. A little watering and some deadheading...

I believe there's a couple of colors to them,
yellow and orange are the first two I can think of..maybe a salmon...

Weezie

#99218 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:47 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Ack! They are getting too much sun...no wonder they aren't blooming well! I am going to move them today. Thanks Weezie, once again, I am in awe!

#99219 July 3rd, 2004 at 01:56 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
grinnnn

I just LOVE cool flowers flw
and helping gab people!!

When I had my first baby and the winters where long and cold here, I ordered every gardening magazine there ever was I swear and just read and read and read and read!!!
I have *sometimes I wonder now :rolleyes: * a good memory for flowers and foliage...from looking at ALL those magazines those first couple of winters.

Glad to have helped!

Weezie

Link Copied to Clipboard