This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#98463 February 22nd, 2004 at 06:42 PM
N
OP Offline
N
i got this plant from a local florist and they said it was called 'dracena'. They said the plant was very hardy and did not need a lot of water. It does't get flowers and looks like a plant in like a palm family and is supposed to grow like a stalk(?). It is supposed to grow like a tree. Right now it looks like a bush of leaves. I need to know more about taking care of it. Can someone help me find out exactly what it called?
Thanks

#98464 February 22nd, 2004 at 07:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wavey welcome to the garden helper new gardener! wavey

you probably have a draceana "janet craig" they are the most popular. if you do a forum search throught the houseplant section, you will find lots and lots of discussion on these plants. hope this helps.

#98465 February 22nd, 2004 at 07:49 PM
N
OP Offline
N
thanks for the help but after spending morwe time researching I found that the plant was a dracaena marginata. thanks again.

#98466 March 20th, 2004 at 06:27 AM
We had a couple of dracena's in a houseplant that was given to us. We took them and planted them into the garden. They did very well. The following year, we planted each of them into cedar tubs (large cedar tubs) They grew to be huge in size. That was a couple of years ago and they still would have been good except the frost got them this year and they died....They were beautiful while they lasted though.

(p.s....now we are faced with struggling, trying to get these huge plants out of the tubs. It would be a good theme for a cartoon watching us struggle)

Link Copied to Clipboard