This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97564 December 19th, 2004 at 11:09 PM
R
RoOsT Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I'm a plant NoOb and have no idea what kind of plant this is. Everyone that has seen it cant tell me either. So heres a pic.

[Linked Image]

#97565 December 19th, 2004 at 11:40 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Possibly a Wax plant, Porcelain flower (Hoya carnosa)???? Duh
What do you think?
Catlover kit

#97566 December 20th, 2004 at 12:43 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Oh Darn It~
You beat me to it Karen!!

RoOsT, wavey
Yeah, I'd have to say the Hoya too!!!

If you do a FORUM SEARCH and type in the word HOYA, you'll get a few posts on it and some discussion we've had on the plant!!!

Weezie

P/S Welcome to the Garden Helper's Forum by the way, we are very glad you found us!!!!

We have several gardener's from the very nice state of Washington, including our very own head gardening guru, Bill!!!

#97567 December 20th, 2004 at 08:40 AM
Goodness!! I had forgotten all about hoyas. I was so thrilled when mine bloomed, but I had to give them away when I was moved to a house with no good sun exposure. Duh

My sister-in-law gave me a hoya with scrunched up leaves (I don't remember what it was called) after I said I really wanted one. Unfortunately, I couldn't take it home since it was covered with mealy bugs. I think all of the plant stores in KC must have purchased similar hoyas from the same source, since I found more plants after that and they were all covered with with the fuzzy white dots.

Maybe I'll look for one for the front porch this summer. idea Does anyone know the name of the crumpled up leaf plant?

Thanks.

Ann

#97568 December 20th, 2004 at 04:35 PM
Ohhhhhh!! I have wanted one of those for a LONGGGGG time! Sooo pretty!! Maybe once we move I can find someone to trade me a cutting or something?? Someone was supposed to trade me one last year at GW but never fulfilled his end of the bargain. (I seem to be on the short end a lot frown thumbup
Bonnie

#97569 May 10th, 2006 at 01:30 PM
M
M
This is definitely a hoya. The name is HOYA BELLA. One of collector's item. angell

#97570 May 15th, 2006 at 06:55 PM
i have 3 types of Hoya... one is small white flowers..small leaves too...very fragrant flowers... da other 2 r da bigger types..bigger flowers n bigger leaves... one has white flowers...doesnt smell much ... n da other is pink o should i say maroon...this one has flowered so many times... n da flowers r fragrant... wish i could post a cutting 2 u Bonnie... but dunno if thatz o.k n most importantly dunno if it would survive da long postal journey ....

#97571 May 27th, 2006 at 04:28 AM
I just joined this site and have enjoyed reading lots of the comments and viewing the pics. I am not computer literate and alas... cannot put my own pics on here! I believe the "crinkly leaf" wax plant that was referred to earlier is called a Hindu Rope plant or a "compacta" hoya. I have a green one and just bought a variegated one. My green one is VERY heavy and has fronds that are almost 2 feet long. It is currently flowering for the first time, so I am happy.

Link Copied to Clipboard