This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9718 August 2nd, 2003 at 05:28 PM
K
OP Offline
K
i have had my bamboo tree for about a year and just recently i have been having problems with the water. it has an aweful oder. I have recently added to my trees, and there are spots on the stalk that browned slightly i don't want to loose my plant! i also want to cut the base of the plant to lesson the height, does any one know any helpful hints, i have heard that rain water will help but it hasn't been raining.

#9719 August 3rd, 2003 at 09:25 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Hello Kristen0921,
First off, I'd like to welcome you to the Garden Helpers Forum!!!
There's a great bunch of gardener's here, all with alot of great info..............
Stick around you'll enjoy the group.
I personally know nothing about the plant you are talking about, but I believe that's like a house plant????? Those are the bamboo that grows in water,
Well, I bet if you re~post this question into the Houseplants catagory, I bet Will Creed, or the plant Doctor or somebody will answer it there!!
Sorry I couldn't help!
But I'm sure some one will!!
Again, welcome aboard!!
Happy Gardening!!
Weezie

#9720 August 3rd, 2003 at 09:38 AM
S
S
Look in the houseplants forum, under the lucky bamboo post. I think you'll find the answers to your questions, and then a bit more about lucky bamboo. But in short, it sounds you need to take it out of the water and pot it. Quickly.
If you check that post, you'll find Will Creed answered my questions about this plant.
Good luck, welcome to the forum!! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard