This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96851 September 7th, 2005 at 09:12 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
The area in which our house is situated is not fully developed. There are lot of vacant plots covered by thorny bushes.As such it is inhibited by snakes.These fellows sometimes visit our house too. Duh

#96852 September 8th, 2005 at 01:54 AM
R
R
Hi, nritya

No snake repelling plants that I know of. This isn't really a problem where I live.

The closest thing to a plant that repells is the mosquito plant:

http://www.allwoodwork.com/tips/mosquitoplant.htm

I have heard that it really doesn't work by itself, you have to have the leaves crushed to do its job.

Spurge: http://www.landscape-america.com/problems/weeds/spurge.html

Is supposed to stop moles but I had a mole travel all through my garden where the spurge was planted.

#96853 September 8th, 2005 at 02:13 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
I was doing some quick surfing....they say try marigolds.???? Duh Have never tried but you need to do more research....they also state that it helps reduce the mosquito population in your yard.????
If anyone has tried this method and it doesn't work please speak up.

Are these snakes poisonous?????

#96854 September 8th, 2005 at 03:17 PM
N
nritya Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi,
The snakes that have been visiting our house are of different varieties.People who have seen them say that some are venomous. Some of the servants in the locality have seen the cobra also. They have killed one. I just hope the plant has some effect. sca

Link Copied to Clipboard