This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94303 June 30th, 2004 at 04:24 PM
K
OP Offline
K
I'm a total newbie here, but I'm seeking help for my poor mandevilla plant.

I bought it for my elderly mother for Mother's Day. Briefly, it was beautiful, twining up a wrought iron support for the car port and blooming nicely. Now, it's ratty looking, leaves are brown and/or blotchy, it's losing leaves, and it no longer blossoms. I live in the deep south. The plant is outside in a large container. I feed it with Miracle Grow once every 10 days or so. When it first started looking troubled and puny, I tried Miracid for awhile, but it didn't seem to make a difference. In fact, come to think of it, one of my other Miracid loving plants, a rhododendron, isn't doing well. It was in a container for a while, but I planted it in the ground. Its leaves turn brown.

Please help me rescue these plants--or at least help me to stop harming them! ters

Incidentally, we've had a rainier than usual early summmer.

Thanks in advance.

#94304 June 30th, 2004 at 04:41 PM
B
B
Weezie--think the peroxide cure would help here? I'd do a link, but don't know how. Like you I'm not really familiar with Mandavilla--wrong zone-- but it sounds like maybe too much fertilizer and too much water?

Link Copied to Clipboard