This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9303 February 2nd, 2003 at 11:37 PM
L
Laura Offline OP
OP Offline
L
For 6 mos. I've had beautifully flowering hibiscus plants in lg pots outdoors (5-6 hrs sun) and occasionally spray for whitefly and aphids when suspected. Lately ALOT of leaves are yellowing on each plant and buds are developing but never flowering, then drying up. It's been pretty warm here in SoCal lately and I've been watering every couple days. What could be happening? (I have alot of my time & money invested in these plants, and need help.)

#9304 February 21st, 2003 at 10:04 PM
A
A
Kinda hard to say what the problem is without actually seeing the leaves. The plants do prefer full sun, and moist but not soggy soil so it sounds like you have that covered.

The plants are prone to powdery mildew, scale insects, whiteflies and mealybugs so be sure to inspect well for any of the above and treat accordingly if found.

My first guess is a nutrient deficency. Make sure you are fertilizing with a half strength liquid fertilizer every time you water.

Link Copied to Clipboard