This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This just started growing...it has clusters of tiny blue flowers. It appears to be some kind of vine,don't remember planting anything there.

The plant
[Linked Image]

The flowers
[Linked Image]

Any ideas?

G-Mom grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heres another pic of the flowers...
[Linked Image]

The flowers are morning-glory like,but,I've never seen them this small and in clusters Duh The leaves are also larger than any morning-glory I've ever seen and very silky feeling.

This is really starting to drive me NUTS grinnnn

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEEHAW!!!!

Thnaks to nritya,I figured out what it is. It's a cousin to the common morning glory. It's called hairy clustervine

Cool...think this one will be a keeper thumbup It has gotten huge and looks fabulous covered in the tiny blue flowers thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

Official Problem Child
Official Problem Child
Save me some!
Please.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are first in line my friend grinnnn

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY Nritya!!!!
Way to go!!!!
Thanks for jumpin' in..
Love it when every one can come together
and figure out a mystery!!!! thumbup cool muggs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was quite a coincidence that she helped me figure it out. I had Pm'd her regarding vines for her new shed. When she replied she mentioned a vine she was going to get. When I googled it,it turned out to be my Mystery Vine!

Doesn't this world work in strange ways?

G-Mom grinnnn

hi gmom! wow! glad you figured out the name of it lol! can you spare some seeds for me? do the seedpods look like morning glory seed pods?

N
N
hi gmom,
I am so glad you were able to identify your mystery vine. Actually I hadn't read this topic earlier.It is only today that I saw the pictures and it is exactly the same plant that I have got.The plant seems to be fast growing and is also enjoying the sun here.I was told that it would bloom througout the year. All the best! smile

Way to go nritya !! That was a good mystery!

Duh thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard