This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9257 July 19th, 2003 at 03:41 PM
E
esor105 Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Help,I need a good way to get rid of these pests.I tried some pellets but the mess I got the next day was awful.Is there some way to keep them away? This S.C. rain is driving me nuts.

#9258 July 19th, 2003 at 08:03 PM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
What kind of mess are you talking about? Mess of dead snails or mess from the pellets????? Do you have animals and/or young children? Catlover

#9259 July 19th, 2003 at 10:24 PM
B
B
Lots of info on killing snails/slugs on this sight. You could do a search. What I've learned in a few short months on this sight, is that you could hunt them at night with a flashlight (but that seems slow going for me). Others said you can bury a bowl up to the rim and fill it with beer (they'll drown). Egg shells around the base of the plant (although that hasn't worked to well for me.) Coffee grounds around the base. Copper strips (they won't cross them, so don't trap them in your garden!). I transplanted two spirea bushes and killed about 20 slugs in doing so! Salt will kill them but will harm the garden. So, you've entered a subject that I'm sure will get a lot of responses! We all hate slugs!! mad mad

--Bunny T. smile

#9260 July 20th, 2003 at 06:46 AM
F
F
Being your neighbor, i know what u mean about the slugs. It's been raining almost everyday here... It's hard to keep the bait from washing away. I noticed that there are different baits out there, and some are supposed to be effective even if it does rain. U just got to keep at.
"KILL" is the key word..... laugh
If u have a squirrel problem... u "kill" them.
If u have a Japanese Beetle problem, U "kill" them....
If u have a ground hog problem, u "kill" them...
If u have a slug problem, u "kill" them!!!
Death is the only answer.... laugh LOL!
Just messing with u...
Just don't kill catlover's cat... laugh

#9261 July 20th, 2003 at 08:40 AM
The Cheetah!
The Cheetah!
Watch out FlowerAddict, your stepping on sensitive ground now!!!!!!!! :p :p

You can add GOPHERS to that kill wish list!!!! mad mad

Wish you would call your squirrel back home, now he is uplifting all my moms ground drainpipe grates (or chewing a hole in them when he can't pop them off) and getting into the bucket of bird seed!!! Tricky son of a guns!!!! frown

Catlover smile

#9262 July 20th, 2003 at 02:33 PM
F
F
Would u believe i took a shot at #41 this morning and missed!!!!!!!!! How humiliating... laugh

#9263 July 20th, 2003 at 02:48 PM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
The neighbor didn't yell ouch did they?
BIG SMILE!!;~)
Weezie wink

Link Copied to Clipboard