This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9241 September 8th, 2003 at 08:31 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
I seen a black squirll this morning....is there really such a thing?or did he nose in a chimmney and just get dirty.he seemd kinda long bodied but was deffinately a squirrl,he stopped and looked back at me,then was back to scamppering away.
whats your take on this bob?is he for real?

well seems it is true......http://www.roadsideamerica.com
even has a few pics,can't vow for the blue eyes but black he was and here he was in me own yard. smile

#9242 September 8th, 2003 at 09:58 AM
Heaven's Gardener
Heaven's Gardener
It might be a Fox Squirrel. We have them here, but it is rare to see them, as they are pretty skittish. I think they are also dwindling in population. They are shy. We don't help as we tend to take over their habitats. :rolleyes:

#9243 September 8th, 2003 at 10:33 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Njoynit,
Up here we have Black, Grey, Brown, Red~Rust colored ones too.
I don't believe the black's are that heavily populated????????? I thought they were small no.
Canada has alot of the black one's I think!!
Weezie

#9244 September 8th, 2003 at 04:52 PM
J
J
Yes - we have tons of them here - it is like a plague. Everywhere in the city - in trees, on lawns, in gardens, on telephone wires - absolutely everywhere! I wish they would go away - they are destroying my garden. I am going to have to try the cayenne pepper method around my plants to keep them from destroying them.
Not only do they sit in the garden and on the lawn, they taunt the cats! They truly are #1 on my "PEST" list!
mad

#9245 September 9th, 2003 at 07:55 AM
njoynit Offline OP
OP Offline
he was bigger than than the others who lerk in my yard.he was stealing some hickory nuts.haven't seen him today yet,but just noticed when he ran across across yard he just seemed longer body wise.these back in here have a lil fox in them as have the reddishness to tail but are just so darn fast they slink in circles going up tree so have been unlucky to shoot at unlike those pesky snakes.i hear them up on metal roof sometimes(sure hope that metal burns their lil feet :rolleyes: I'm fixing to drag fish tank from shed for fish to go in from pond so maybe will see while am out& about.& know that water man better get pipe fixed soon I'm still not over wakeing with no water& still waiting to wash a load& water my plants.would hope to be able to fill fish tank soon so can get water adjusted for fish for a day,he is really messing with my day,though am sorry woke him at 5:09,but it should NOT take4 days to re route a pipe around a freaking tree!I'm outta ice now too& can't make tea...what an awful day this is starting out to be

Link Copied to Clipboard