This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#9212 June 30th, 2003 at 05:44 AM
N
nancyot Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hello, I am new to this board. Hope someone can help me. I have two geraniums in pots that I bought. One went to my house and one to husbands office. Mine never blosommed but has many buds with white fuzz on them. Went to check out husbands abd his had a few small flowers but now his buds are white fuzz as well. I have had many geraniums but have never seen this. What is it? Thanks for any help. I have them seperated from other flowers. The green leaves are looking fine.

#9213 June 30th, 2003 at 07:00 AM
U
U
Hey Nancy.
Welcome to the Garden.
Ronni is watering over by the annuals so watch out for her.

Seems I've had a Geranium around all my life and I've never seen one with white fuzz.
Sit tight though, someone will be around with something to say about it.

The only other thing I can suggest is snipping off a bud and taking it to a local nursery and see what they say about it.

#9214 June 30th, 2003 at 01:34 PM
Careful, Dann, I might just decide to spray you for the fun of it laugh

Welcome to the forum, Nancy.

There are more experienced gardeners here than I, and I'm sure you'll get a variety of opinions, but your description of white fuzz sounds a lot like mealybugs, except the mealybugs that hang out in my garden seem to prefer the stems of some of my plants, usually right where an upper leaf branches out from the stem. I have geraniums also, but no mealybugs on them. Though they are in pots, some distance away from the other plants that have mealybug activity, which may account for it.

If they *are* in fact mealybugs, go to plant Pests and Problems, and look for the post on Mealybugs, where you'll get the general consensus about how to handle them.

Hope this helps.

Ronni

Link Copied to Clipboard