This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
netty Offline OP
OP Offline
This plant was sold to me as Spanish Lavender. I tried to look it up and found that Spanish Lavender looks nothing like this! I think it may be some sort of Salvia? It does not smell like Lavender, but it is fragrant and smells more like sage.
Anyone?
plants%20and%20gardens/mysteryplant.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

R
R
the background leaf looks like sage.

the flower looks like a watsonia or Chasmanthe

netty Offline OP
OP Offline
There is a bit of my Russian Sage in the background, but the leaves on this plant are the thin ones.
I might add that this is my second one of these plants. The first one flowered the second year and then died. This one didn't flower last year so I'm hoping it lives thru this winter. The place I got it from said it was a tender perennial. I'm zone 5.
I've been looking all over for this plant...the closest thing I've found is something called Salvia Lavandulifolia, but I could not find one that blooms this color!

netty Offline OP
OP Offline
I've finally been able to name this plant!!!
Agastache Apricot Sunrise or Orange Hummingbird Mint
Took a while, but I finally know!

Link Copied to Clipboard