This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#90978 June 9th, 2006 at 03:33 AM
Jamie's garden looks great and i have a craving for some radishes now too!!
Great job thumbup

#90979 June 23rd, 2006 at 10:59 PM
OP Offline
Jamie's garden is doing wonderfully!!

Here's an overhead shot.

[Linked Image]

Here's the one half of the garden. You can see spanish onions, beans, carrots, cauliflower, green onions (which need to be pulled to make room for the cauliflower), lettuce and peppers.

[Linked Image]

Here's the other half of the garden where you can see his cucumbers doing wonderfully!

[Linked Image]

Here's his tomato plant looking great as well.

[Linked Image]

And here's another of Jamie the gardener. thumbup

[Linked Image]

I think he's doing a great job and he sure is enjoying it!

#90980 June 24th, 2006 at 12:40 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That garden is way ahead and looking better
than mine, that is for sure......

I think he's doing an awesome job...

(**Did you take a peak at those two things I posted,
I really think those would be very cool
additions to his garden...**

#90981 June 24th, 2006 at 11:12 AM
OP Offline
Yes, I did look at them Weezie. Thank-you for posting them!! I'd love the tomato planter for myself!! And the strawberry tower is great. Jamie loves them both. His parents have an RV and travel a lot throughout the summer so that gives Jamie lots of time to plan the project for when his dad is settled back home. thumbup

#90982 June 24th, 2006 at 11:17 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
I will definately be on the look out for more..
There is a table top garden *on saw horse benches* Merme and I were talking about..
I'll have to see if we can find a picture of it yet?

I am truely excited for him...
I sincerely hope he can get those two things built and have some more fun...

I'm truely enjoying seeing him get into gardening..

Oh H#LL YEAH, I'd like those tomato containers for my mother in the worst way..
She'd go bonkers over them...

#90983 June 24th, 2006 at 01:55 PM
Alright Jamie!! what a difference from the last time I checked in on the garden!!
Veggies looking very good !!!!!

thumbup thumbup
Have the green onions been pulled yet??Lettuce carrots. tomatos, cucumbers
There's practically a Chef's salad in there!
Now that will be some gooood eat'in!

laugh clp

#90984 July 3rd, 2006 at 02:23 PM
I
I
Christina,
Tell Jamie that his garden is great!! I am sure your are proud of him. Not many people push themselves to overcome their handicaps. God gave each of us special gifts, and gardening is Jamie's.

Ironside

#90985 July 7th, 2006 at 11:44 PM
OP Offline
Thank-you Ironside...I read Jamie exactly what you wrote..very kind of you!

Jamie's garden is looking unbelievable! I'll have to get pics of it today. His cucumber plants are just loaded with cucumbers!! Everything is so green and so healthy! I did get a picture of his tomato plant. Jamie tried to get a pic of me beside it to show that it's taller than I am (which is only a little over 5ft) but he was having a hard time yesterday with his hands and he just couldn't hold the camera well enough to take the picture so I got one of him beside it. I'll be sure to get more pics today of everything else..for how...here he is! (And yes..his plant is much larger than all of mine! perpl )

[Linked Image]

#90986 July 8th, 2006 at 12:38 AM
He's done a great job Christina thumbup
Well done Jamie!!

#90987 July 8th, 2006 at 09:21 AM
OP Offline
Why thank-you Penny. You know what Jamie does with all his vegetables?? Waters when needed...that's it!! I've got to post pics of his garden compared to my garden, his looks so much more healthy and he does nothing....just waters...
Lesson learned....don't fuss...let mother nature do her work! thumbup

#90988 July 8th, 2006 at 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow Christina, you tell him he must have the magic touch! It looks fantastic! thumbup

#90989 July 9th, 2006 at 05:29 AM
I will have to remember that one...let mother nature do her thing.
Tell him it looks great thumbup

#90990 July 15th, 2006 at 01:41 AM
OP Offline
I just can't get over Jamie's cucumbers!! I have no idea what we're going to do with all of them. We're not big pickle eaters...love them...but both try to avoid salty foods. I suppose I could pickle them and give them away. Everything else in Jamie's garden is doing woderfully! The pic of the tomato plant really doesn't show how tall it really is. It's a good 6 feet tall now...perhaps taller...and just covered with tomatoes! He also pulled a carrot yesterday...not quite ready but he just wanted to see these "Purple Haze Carrots". We sat there like a rabbit and chomped away on it. Was tasty!!

Oh bummer...just went to pull up Photobucket and it's down for maintenance. Will post pics as soon is Photobucket is up and running. thumbup

#90991 July 15th, 2006 at 01:55 AM
Sounds like he really enjoys his garden and it looks like it enjoys him too.
I have seen the "purple haze carrots", arent they just the strangest looking things.
As for all the cucumbers...what about neighbors who may want them?
Tell him fantastic job!

#90992 July 15th, 2006 at 02:09 AM
Jamie is doing a splendid job. Wish my maters looked as good.

As for the excess vegetables, you could freeze some, give some to the neighbors, or even to your convenience store clerk. Last week, I took some cukes and squash to the guy who runs our dump site. He was tickled to get them...

Dianna

#90993 July 15th, 2006 at 02:22 AM
OP Offline
Good ideas Penny and Dixie. I have 24 tomato plants in my garden (amongst tons of various peppers and other vegetables.) We have no problem eating up everything! But with cucumbers, unless you pickle...I mean..we can only eat so many salads and sandwiches using cucmbers. I will give some to neighbours and family...may even pickle??? Hey..I can send some to you!! clp

Here's the pics:

His garden:
[Linked Image]

His cucumbers:
[Linked Image]

His tomato:
[Linked Image]

And here's the fist picked carrot (we were hasty but just wanted to see...and taste!!)
[Linked Image]

#90994 July 15th, 2006 at 03:15 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
That garden is gorgeous!!!
*way better than mine is lookin' right now..*

I salute you Jamie...
*insert saluting gremalin...*

You've done AWESOME,
and I really hope you can get those couple of things made up to incorporate into your garden and can not wait until next years crop...

How many more ideas can you handle??
I have one or two more, I will post when I hunt then down for you...

#90995 July 15th, 2006 at 06:06 AM
Whoa!!!!!!..... Everything grew so fast!
Wow! That box is full of yummy veggies!
Great Job! Loveing the progress Indeed!!

#90996 July 17th, 2006 at 03:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell Jamie I'm coming over tonight to pick all of that stuff while you're both in bed! laugh Looks great--everything looks so healthy. thumbup

#90997 July 17th, 2006 at 03:05 PM
[Linked Image]

know when some one tells me I have a green thumb I'll just have to say na-ah > Jamie does!

Excellent! Jamie thumbup

#90998 July 22nd, 2006 at 01:14 AM
Do you know what type of tomatos he planted Christina? I have the beef steak ones and there are lots of flowers, still no tomatos, i know the cherry ones grow alot quicker, so i was wondering what kind Jamie has?
Maybe i can apply his technique to mine!!

#90999 July 23rd, 2006 at 09:04 AM
I love his garden I can't take my eyes off of how healthy and beatiful his garden is. Please tell him i said so. Thank you Christine for the pictures.

#91000 July 23rd, 2006 at 04:19 PM
OP Offline
Thank-you so much for all the compliments. I pass them all along to Jamie..he blushes. shocked

Hi Penny. wavey Jamie's tomato plant is a big beef. Very large plants with lots of "beefy" tomatoes. Big Beef is a beefsteak variety. Yummy stuff!!

#91001 July 24th, 2006 at 03:31 AM
Thanks Christina...i have the same.. the beef steak ones and i have tons of flowers but no tomatoes..i was told it all depends on when they were planted and because they produce a bigger tomatoe, they take longer.
His do look great though!!

#91002 July 26th, 2006 at 02:40 PM
OP Offline
Jamie and I noticed a couple of his tomatoes look as though something was munching away on them. Well...we found out why! Meet "Tommy" the tomato worm.

[Linked Image]

After getting rid of "Tommy", we found two babies. We'll definitely be keepin' a good eye out for any more! Hard buggers to find! And gross! They give me the heebie jeebies!!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard