This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
klea Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I want to plant a veggie garden. Tomatoes, corn, black eye peas, etc.etc.. I want pretty flowers in all of my window boxes, all nine of them. I want flowers around my porch. The problem? I don't know the first thing about planting. Don't know when, I don't know how. I have enough land to plant a nice garden, and I can get it tilled. Then what? When do I do this? I am on a budget so professional help is out, so how about some good ole American know how? confused

Hi, Klea
Here is a good place for you to start looking for information: http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/

Looks like they have all kinds of information. Happy gardening.

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B

I think that the best thing to do is just DO IT! Gardening is a trial and error occupation. But along with the errors come triumphs! That's why it's great to have a forum like this to talk with other gardeners. We're all learning.

K
klea Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the sites and the encouragement. I will keep you updated!!

F
F
Hi Klea,at the top of this forum page (under "The Garden Helper"), where it says "Site Map", click on that, scroll down and u will find information for beginning gardeners. Good luck. Gardendreamer03@aol.com

C
C
As I always say: "Don't fight the feeling"...THAT has to do with what your soil composition ALREADY is, ie ph level already present, composition, etc. Work with what you ALREADY HAVE. Don't get into amending your soil a whole lot, as you will work (yukkk!!) more than enjoy your gardening experiences.

L
L
Klea,

Do you want to plant from seeds or buy plants to put in your window boxes and garden?

Link Copied to Clipboard