This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#89534 April 20th, 2006 at 12:02 AM
Patty S Offline OP
OP Offline
This has turned into a pretty interesting thread... thanks to all for your contributions!

I do have a Polka Dot plant Weezie, but I thought it was a house plant! (Guess I'll have to look it up again.) I'd LOVE to have that out in the yard, & it IS getting a little sick-looking in here & losing some leaves... I'm wondering if it wants to be out there in the full Sun. Duh

Maybe I'll try that... one question though; since this plant has been indoors since I bought it (as a baby) at a nursery about 5 weeks ago, do I need to harden it off before I plant it outdors?

(I'm also wondering... Since the beginning of this thread, as the topic has fluctuated with so much interesting & valuable information, if a new topic shouldn't be started with some of the specifics here. Duh I think I'll do that with this hardening off question.) [Linked Image]

#89535 April 20th, 2006 at 12:16 AM
Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
thumbup

#89536 April 24th, 2006 at 01:49 AM
N
N
EEEKS!!! This is that nasty stuff that is all over my lawn. There was abit last year that came up and I thought I did a good job of getting rid of it...no chance it multiplied by 10 times this year.

I will be hopefully better prepared for it this year so it does not come back next year. Does any know if the product "Preen" would help keep this stuff away for next year?

#89537 April 24th, 2006 at 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dunno. i've never treated my lawn for weeds...really should tho - i've got dandelions too...i try to get the buds before they open up, don't always get them in time tho. and this other stuff has really taken over in the past couple of years...almost the whole thing has trails of the creeping charlie...

#89538 April 25th, 2006 at 12:20 AM
Patty if you want a ground cover that stays all year try ajuga, aka bugleweed. It comes in a few colors has spikes with purple flowers in the spring and then is a beautiful colored foliage the rest of the year. And its steppable.

#89539 April 25th, 2006 at 04:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know the name of it but it's all over my yard, and it's my main "work" of weed pulling in the gardens. It is very invasive, and very "walkable". It even grew up through the landscape cloth I put down to keep the weeds out. Just pushed that stuff out of the way! Sort of pretty with it's little purple flowers, but there's just too much of it to be able to appreciate them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard