This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88486 March 20th, 2006 at 09:17 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
I have become the foster plant caregiver of these house plants...I'm pretty sure that the one in the back and the middle one are Peace lily????? The other one I don't know..and need to find out how to care for them until the owner can retrive them,they had to move to a new location and couldn't take them. Where it looks yellow, it is just the light and the dust that are on them.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

#88487 March 20th, 2006 at 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have yourself a very fine looking Schefflera arboricola, and two lovely peace lilies.
Here's a link for the latter

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/peacelily.htm

and if you google the former, you will come up with all kinds of great advice.
Good luck!

#88488 March 20th, 2006 at 09:31 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks for your help...I just hope I can keep them going in a house full of cats??? Right now i have them locked in the seed starting room to keep them safe.

#88489 March 20th, 2006 at 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schefflera arboricolas are easy to care for plants. They do best in bright indirect light but adapt to direct sunlight as well as lower light. (My 4' schef is in direct light.) Allow at least the surface of the soil to dry between waterings; it'll thrive with with less water, too. Scheffs benefit from regular pruning to keep from getting leggy.

#88490 March 20th, 2006 at 10:04 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by Cricket:
Allow at least the surface of the soil to dry between waterings; it'll thrive with with less water, too. Scheffs benefit from regular pruning to keep from getting leggy.
I was wondering about that, as the pot seemed dry compared to the other two, so decided not to water until I knew if I should.

#88491 March 22nd, 2006 at 09:23 AM
pEACE lily

It loves lots of water..........

I have one and it does best in the kitchen where the water is.

dodge

#88492 March 22nd, 2006 at 11:24 AM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
All three of these plants are way too big for any place in my house, I would not have agreed to take them if I had of realized how big they were. I am hoping that when they come back this weekend to finish up thier move they will decide they can take them with them...I would not mind to keep the smaller peace lily...it is alot of "babies in one pot. But I have my doubts on keep them healthy or even alive...I am not good with house plant's esp if they require very much care. I did water them tonight, I am worried that the room I have them in is too warm??? It is staying between 70-80 degrees.

#88493 March 23rd, 2006 at 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds just about perfect, Comfrey. I'm assuming the room is heated to that temperature, so I suggest placing the plants (at least the peace lilies) on a humidifying tray so they don't get brown tipped leaves. And don't fret too much; do your best and leave the rest! =)

#88494 March 24th, 2006 at 12:36 PM
comfrey Offline OP
OP Offline
I have seed starting going on in that room and it is humid already because of the plants, dirt, and misting going on. Yes I have space heater and a wall thermometer to monitor the temps in the room, I also have a small fan blowing around in there to circulate air/heat better. Thank You for your help!

Link Copied to Clipboard