This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
my "night blooming cereus" and its cold (sniff, sniff)
#88339 January 18th, 2007 at 05:25 PM
L
Loveday Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I have two questions about this plant, first: I was given a leaf cutting of this plant about 3 years ago and was told it is a night blooming cereus. So...is it?? I know this is the wrong are to ask this question but it also has a "cold", which leads me into question number 2: on the uderside of a couple of the leaves there are blackish/brownish spots that are somewhat "indented". It also looks like something munched on the end of a leaf. Hopefully, someone can help with the pictures I've provided...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: my "night blooming cereus" and its cold (sniff, sniff)
#88340 January 19th, 2007 at 01:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, it is a night blooming cereus and yes, it looks munched!

not sure what to tell you about the munching, but it is a beautiful specimin.

Re: my "night blooming cereus" and its cold (sniff, sniff)
#88341 January 19th, 2007 at 02:23 AM
Loveday.., Yep you definitely have an epi Refer to this site when you scroll down to a little more than 1/2 way down there is an area that describes what your leave looks like , I hope this helps you.

http://www.theamateursdigest.com/epis.htm

this site will provide pictures of different epi's and their blooms on the left side in blue when you scroll down!! thumbup

http://web.missouri.edu/~riceg/epiphyllum/

Link Copied to Clipboard