This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8648 December 4th, 2002 at 08:08 AM
B
OP Offline
B
i have a new palm tree, it's abt. 6 ft. tall. The leaves are turning yellow starting @ the top of the leaves & working it's way down to the stem. How often am I suppose to water it? Also, should I cut the 1 stem that's almost totally yellow? should i cut the yellow that's just starting @ the top of the other leaf? i hope i've given enough info. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Bullie

#8649 December 9th, 2002 at 02:46 PM
A
A
It does really depend on what type of palm it is. But for most palms, it is important not to overwater. Water when the soil is almost dry to the touch. Frequent misting with a spray bottle of water is beneficial, especially when new leaves are about to open. Fertilize every two weeks with a water soluble fertilizer.

I cut off stems that are yellow immediately. They won't green up again, and are serving no purpose to the plant once they turn solid yellow.

If you could post what type of palm you have, I might be able to help you with more specific info. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard