This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
These plants are fuzzy green and purple in color. They also root very quickly when cut and cuttings placed in water. Can anyone identify them for me?

plants/purple_fuzzy_plants1.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/purple_fuzzy_plants2.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/purple_fuzzy_plants3.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/purple_fuzzy_plants4.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

plants/purple_fuzzy_plants_roots.jpg" alt="[Linked Image]" class="post-image" style="height:auto!important;max-width:100%!important;"/>

Thunderbolt,

**Howdy neighbor!**

That is a Purple Passion plant. They are lovely, and I myself would love to find one to plant. Yours looks like it's doing well!

B
The Garden Helper
The Garden Helper
B

OP Offline
Ahhhh.. Thanks Cajunmama and Bill.. I got a cutting from a friend of mine that has this stuff all over the place. I live just outside of New Orleans (Marrero) and you're more than welcome to come get some cuttings. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

I know that once they root they grow very quickly and require lots of water and shade. After I finish my project on the side of the house (waiting for it to cool down a bit) I'll be starting a 30ft x 20ft arbored entrance hide-a-way on the side of my house. I've only got them in pots and have given some thought to using them as border cover on the ground in this new area.

Thanks again for your assistance.

- Thunder

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i LOVE purple passion!!! i wish it was hardy in my area...i'd have it all over my gardens!!

i can only have it as a houseplant...and my last one died and i haven't seen it in any of the stores for more than a year...guess i'm just missing them (haven't been doing much shopping for a while).

it's a beautiful plant!! and, yes, the do root extremely quickly!!

Thunder,

I'm just outside of Lafayette, and I understand the temperature problems...[insert profusely sweating graemlin]...I'm LOVING this "cold front" that has come through. I've been sneaking outside to work in my beds any chance I can get.

Thanx for the offer, I'll PM you if I can get away to get some.

I hope it grows well for you! Happy gardening!

Oooooooooo . . . nice one. Gotta' get some - if I see it, I'll grab it.

Buddhist guru who does the meditation classes I do online says you're not supposed to wanna' grab things - grasping causes 'suffering'.

Yeah - I suffer when I can't get it - so I guess if I don't want it in the first place, I won't suffer.

BUT I'M GETTIN' SOME!

T
T
Hi there.
I´m new here and new on the purple passion plant.
I am wondering how to trim this plant..? can anyone show exactly how it´s done?? that would be very kind!! laugh

Kind regards
Calle

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Calle,
Trim it as in reguards to it's getting to long?
Or for taking cuttings??

For either, cut it just above any two leaves' nodes..
and two more will come out eventually....

So, if you give it a short hair cut, it'll reshoot out those leave junctures and will fill out nicely..

And you can strip a few of the leaves off the cutting and either put it in some water and it'll root up... or put some rooting hormone on it *the stem where you stripped the leaves* and push your finger or pencil or stick into the dirt, insert your stem and gently pat back in the soil around the stem and should root up nicely there too!!!

T
T
thnx alot for the help!! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard