This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#8435 September 29th, 2002 at 11:27 AM
B
OP Offline
B
I just moved and dug up some of my grandmothers bulbs I inherited, problem is I have no where to put them this year. I won't be into my new house until the end of November and the ground will be frozen. How can I store Iris and Lilies over the winter. I moved from zone 4 and have moved to zone 5. Please help frown

#8436 October 6th, 2002 at 07:28 PM
N
N
Hi Bkrejcha,

Is there any way that you can cover the soil at your new 'home to be' with old blankets or sleeping bags? Maybe the current owner would do it for you? I had a similar situation and covered the planting bed like that. I was able to put the pots in the ground in January when the rest of the ground was frozen as the blankets kept the ground from freezing. I buried them up to their rims. You could pot them now and bury them in the ground where you are and cover with blankets as well. The ground won't freeze and you should be able to just pull up the pots. Or you could store the pots in the garage until the move. If the temps get to freezing in your garage, just cover the pots with a blanket in there as well.

Good luck with your move,
Newt

Link Copied to Clipboard