This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#82621 November 30th, 2004 at 05:43 AM
B
OP Offline
B
Those of you who read my posts quite some time ago know that I bought a house. I haven't done much gardening because I'm taking the advice I received here and spending the first year just learning about my yard. Well, I decided to just let my back yard go wild for now, and I've been pleasantly surprised to find these amazing wild flowers flourishing. They're butterfly magnets too - as long as it's light out, there are butterflies on it. I love it, but I'd like to know more about the flower.

wild flower picture

Any ideas?

I apologize for the poor picture quality, I took the picture when I was in a hurry having to get ready for work.

Also, these guys are producing seeds like crazy. I was thinking about planting some in my front yard. Any pointers on how I should do that?

#82622 November 30th, 2004 at 03:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never found any info on that plant on the internet(what I did find didn't look anything like it). I spent a couple of hours at our local library searching through plant books till I found it. The book was on plants from South America and was labeled "Devils Paintbrush".

The book said it was considered a weed but,I like it and have some growing in my yard. You can collect seeds from them but,they come back on their own every year. I think they are kinda cool in a mixed flower bed,just a few here and there.

Glad you checked in...we've been wondering how things were going with the house thumbup

G-Mom grinnnn

#82623 November 30th, 2004 at 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just found it on the internet. They called it a "Tassel flower". Different names,different countries Duh

G-Mom grinnnn

Link Copied to Clipboard