This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81175 May 17th, 2006 at 06:32 PM
OP Offline
The bush can get rather tall n big..usually full of fowers.. bloom white but when they close in da evening/ late afternoon they r pink... they turn pink in the heat of da sun..

Dunnodaname

Is it confederate rose/ hibiscus that was just discussed in this thread???

It looks like a beautiful plant! Does is smell good too?

Yes, they do smell nice. And I've been looking for one for years now, but can't find them in my area and I only live 45 minutes from where I grew up and I know they grew in the town I was raised in. Thanks to everyone who gave this plant a name smile

OP Offline
But mine doesn't smell..actually i collect a lot of fragrant plants..flowers mostly.. wonder if the location of a plant affects its ability to give out fragrance... coz sometime ago i bought Nicotiana seeds fr Thompson n Morgan.. sadly only 2 survived ... one has shown signs of flowering soon.. n da other is blooming...itz greenish yellow o is it yellowish green??.. but it doesnt smell tho da packet says its fragrant!!?? O r there frgrant n non-fragrant Nicotianas??

B
B
That is the plant (Confederate rose) I found some rooted cuttings on ebay Just search confedeate rose I will attempt to forward the article the lady that helped me sent to me From A&M university here in Texas they are quite the athourity on plants

I am wondering if it isnt a Gardenia? Sure looks like the blossom.

dodge flw flw

OP Offline
No Dodge..itz not gardenia... we do have gardenias here... but i dont quite like 'em...nope thatz wrong ...i do like 'em esp their fragrance...but i dont like planting 'em coz da flowers quickly go brownish in da heat..they also shrivel up fast...itz da heat of our climate!!! By da way Betty has confirmed that it is Confederate rose..
wavey norhaini

Link Copied to Clipboard