This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#81163 July 15th, 2004 at 12:03 AM
Sami Offline OP
OP Offline
Here is another ivy that I don't know what it is. I'm going to put 2 pictures here. One from my back yard (lots of virginia creeper & poison ivy near it), one from my front yard but I don't think they are the same kind of ivy. Anyone know what kind they are?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#81164 July 15th, 2004 at 07:09 AM
Top picture? How about the wild blue violet? I've got something similar and the way I figured it out was to look under the leaf - there I saw some blue violet.

That's what I figure mine is.

Hope that helps - look up wild blue violet and you can at least ascertain if it indeed 'is not' the WBV.

I shouldn't even be saying anything, I guess - it's the blind leading the blind - I'm still fumbling to identify this wild stuff that finds its way to our lot.

I love being here, Sami - don't you?

Carly :-0

#81165 July 15th, 2004 at 08:52 AM
Sami Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmmm, I really don't think that's what it is. I searched on google & most of the pictures I found didn't really show the leaves good, so I'm just guessing it to NOT be WBV. And, the pics I found, the leaves don't look as big as mine. Also, I haven't seen any flowers, but that doesn't mean there won't be any... Duh

I really do love this site! It has helped me soooo much in identifying what I have in my yard. The people here are great & don't mind when I ask stupid questions laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard