This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80085 June 7th, 2006 at 01:19 PM
OP Offline
After three years in this house, we finally have grass!! It took a lot of work and some days, my back hurt so bad I wasn't sure tackling all those weeds was worth it. I just came in from the yard ters and am horrified to see tons of tiny toadstools shk Not just a few... Tons !!

Is there something I can do to get rid of them? I don't have it in me to start pulling them and I'm not sure they are good snacks for my labs. Any suggestions??

Thanks, smile

#80086 June 7th, 2006 at 03:01 PM
Mr. Radio
Mr. Radio
There is nothing that you can do to get rid of mushrooms. Fortunately dogs and cats are not attracted to eating them, and will rarely even notice them.
If you are watering your lawn try to cut back a bit on how much water you are putting down, that may help a little bit, but more then likely it is just the weather. Even though mushrooms are a fungi, fungicides will not do anything to control them.
While I am not suggesting that you go out and eat them, most shrooms are not deadly. Turn negative into something fun, go get a field guide to mushrooms and try to identify the ones you have growing, and instead of calling it a problem, call it your mushroom garden smile

Link Copied to Clipboard