This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi!
I started this forum this week, because my husband has given my the nickname "The flower Terminator" ters I need advice please! I hope to prove to my husabnd I CAN grow flowers. ( who dose'nt like to prove a man wrong : ) HE HE

Can you recommened easy to grow flowers that will do well in containers and partial sun. I have 3 containers that I want to put on the railings of my back deck. The containers are 24 inches long 10 wide and 4 deep.

Also, there are SOOO many flower nurserys on the web, wo do you recommend? (we do not have a lot of choiced were I live)

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank You Thank You

Thany you so much for your help!

R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Sorry, I forgot to spell check and I noticed a few missed spelled words/typos. That happens when you have a dog crying to be let outside and 4 year old yelling for mommy.

Ronda

G
G
I love pansies in my containers. You could have zinnas, marigolds, sun flowers, impatiens, morning glory, petunias, just to name a few. I like Brecks and Richard Owen's Nursery, but I don't know what they have in the way of flowers. Have you tried seeds at all? My in-laws order theirs from Gurneys and have been happy with everything they've received. Good Luck!

And strawberries, mini roses, geraniums, ivies,
herbs, fuchsias, ferns, patio tomatoes, gosh, alot !
Good luck and have fun !

Begonias, daisies, poppies.... what else everyone?

Hi Rhonda! wavey

How much sun is partial sun for you? Duh I love thumbup

Well, how about Wild flowers? Celosia? Salvia? or Forget-me-not? Hmm, some others would be: Moss Verbena, Viola, Red Poppies, Moss roses. That's all I can come up with right now.
BTW, the Moss roses are wonderful. I bought some a couple of years ago, they grew well in a container, and cost me .97 cents per package of seeds at Wal-Mart.

R
Ronda Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you all for the wonderful ideas! kissies
This is really a great forum. I am glad I found it. thumbup

Hey Ronda, I'm glad you found us too! wink I hope you'll let us know what you decide to do and maybe show us some pictues! thumbup

Link Copied to Clipboard