This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Not anything real important... just wondering something. See, 3 days ago I planted all kinds of veggies in an indoor starter kit. Some that take 4-6 days to germinate, and some that takes 10-12 days. Anyway, it's only been 3 days and just about ALL of them are coming up!!! What's happening??? Is it ok for them to sprout up so fast?

Your lucky and had perfect conditions..They must of been great seeds !

Wow, your lucky!

I had pretty good luck with mine this year too. I'm usually have with 50% germination, this year has been about 95%!

Everyone must be selling really good fresh seeds this year!

OP Offline
That reminds me... what is the term "germination rate" based on? It makes me think of something like this: if you planted 100 seeds, and 90 of them germinated, germination rate would be 90%. But I'm guessing I'm off a bit...

I'm glad to hear that there's nothing wrong with my babies (plants), but the reason I planted them early was because I was giving them a week to germinate and another week to grow before planting...now they have TWO weeks to grow!!! I might have to get some bigger pots!!!

Your spot on about the germ .. Rate Sarah ... some slow growth after germ'ing so you might be fine!

Sarah,

All my seeds came up WAY faster than expected. That was the beginning of the month and all look amazing! I have tomatoes, okra, hot peppers, broccoli, and moonflowers. They came up in like 3 days and I was expecting 7 minimum based on the packets!

Karen flw

OP Offline
Wow... I guess maybe the difference was starting them indoors. We had always planted directly outside and they'd germ at the MAXimum or, sometimes, not at all. (watermelons never come up here, so I'm starting them inside)

N
N
Im jealous.. Mine are randomly popping up here and there, they are sure taking their sweet time..

My seeds all germinated great too this year. I'd say I got at least 90% of all my seeds in plants now. Maybe it was a great year for seeds this year. It feels good to see them all grow so well, especially if you're a first time dealer in this area of life. I'm loving every minute of it.

Link Copied to Clipboard