This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I want to plant some Tulips and Daffodils in this area

[Linked Image]

It gets full sun in the afternoon. I want to plant something that will come up and bloom after the tulips and daffodils have stopped blooming. I was thinking of planing some of my whtie datura there. Any suggestions?

OP Offline
Oops I forgot to resize the picture.

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Gardenfairy,
You can go into the Photobucket thing and resize there, I believe you need the 75% reduced setting...
I do my resizing with a program thru IVIEW, but I do know both Cindy and Loz know how to walk you thru if you need help...
Give 'em a shout..

A friend of mine had some iris' and tulips and she had some johnny jump-ups close by that kept creeping over and now she has them all over in between the tulip greenery and it looks so cute!

T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
I love the Allium for a nice long summer bloom. I have the variety called 'sparkler'. They come in white, yellow and purple.

how bout snapdragons or creeping phlox. They come back every year. Portulaca may work in SC too and loves the heat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like annuals best for planting around my bulbs......I'd do Zinnias with Portulacas around the bases of them! thumbup Lots of pretty, vibrant color with both of them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
portulaca aka sundials, do excellent in full sun and hot, hot weather and they grow in very nicely too...i usually put a few in every year (i'm not too much with annuals) just for an extra burst of color here and there.

they did extremely well this year with the really hot weather we've had...i've had some self-seed previously and with how well they did this year, i'm expecting to see some pop up next year.

OP Offline
I have tons of zinnia seeds from my flowers this year!!! I will have to find some portulaca next year and I will try these!!

gardenfairy u know those bush seeds of datura u sent me,do i have to nick are soak those seeds i want to start some inside.

Link Copied to Clipboard