This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#77287 February 6th, 2006 at 12:42 PM
D
Dennis Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi,
I have bought carnations seeds (Chaubaud Mix) and planned on starting them in flats under florescent lights. But after reading some of the posts, I'm not sure what to do.
I live in Maine, zone 4, and planned on starting the seeds about 8 weeks before I set them out, which will be about June 1st.
I am wondering, will they bloom this year? And are these carnations an annual?
Or, are all carnations perennials? If they are perennials, I don't know if they will come back the next year in my zone.
I wouldn't mind planting them each year as long as they will bloom the same year.
Does anyone have any information on this?
Thanks,
Dennis

#77288 February 6th, 2006 at 12:46 PM
D
Dennis Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I just wanted to add that I was trying to have some flowers that smell good and I have read that carnations do that, so that's why I chose the carnations.
If carnations doesn't work out, are there other annuals that I can start from seed that has a nice smell?
Thanks,
Dennis

#77289 February 7th, 2006 at 02:44 AM
I think some are annuals, some perennials.. I have some outside which bloomed , even in the frost..
Not sure of the procedure....

Easy to grow......Some only bloom one time, others all year.
clp clp clp
Good luck.
dodge

#77290 February 10th, 2006 at 08:22 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
No they don't bloom the first year sorry. They will survive your winter without a problem though. They self seed readily too so just give them room and good soil around where they are and they'll take care of the rest. Enjoy.

Link Copied to Clipboard