This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Aaron D Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally posted by angelblossom:
Aaron wavey The Tri-color till I got at the Dallas show.. It hasn't bloomed yet but the bud looks fine my question is,, The tips of the leaves are browning. curling and drying (about an inch ) HELP! Do I need to move it or does this happen when they continuely'brush up against' a wall or object where it's sitting?..
um... no, it may be shock all our tillandsias are grown in humid greenhouses... many tillandsias do this when introduced into a VERY DRY HOUSE (mines the same way)... if it doesnt stop and if entire leaves are drying up fast and falling off, then the plant may not be getting enough water try soaking longer BUT make sure to dry it off... dont worry NO ONE gets the process right the first time when growing tillandsias... it takes some experimenting.. keep me up dated... smile

--AARON

Compost Queen!
Compost Queen!
Aaron,
The Air plant my mother brought home from
Fla.. is dead.. but had a bunch of seeds
How does one plant those?
In dirt or in a tree? Or what?
Very curious??

Thanks for answering my question. My bromelid has a baby growing next to it. It seems complicated for a beginner like me to get these plants to bloom again. Maybe I should try something easier.

wow- that brought back memories! i grew up in south florida and bromeliads and air plants are very very common things! thanks for the smile.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maya,

Bromeliad offsets are often reluctant bloomers as houseplants, but it is not that complicated and is worth a try. Yours may bloom without your doing much more than care for it as you have cared for the mother plant.

Don't let the technical stuff discourage you.

Aaron,
Are you still around?
I have questions about some broms.

Becky I've been looking for him for a while now!! I haven't seen Him here since his last post in this thread!! eek I sure miss Him, He sure knew His Brom's I think I may have to look him up thru the Dallas Brom society as he's a member there Well I think He still is I PM'd him a looooooong time ago!!
Still not read Duh

Thanks for the info Dianne!
I'll try to PM him too.
If you do find him, please ask him to come back to the GF, his help is needed.

Becky!!! Good News!!!

I tried the # again *just incase I dialed wrong previously*
I got hold of his dad!
Aaron has been verrrrry Busy with a couple of Big jobs to care for I left my # and a plea to get on the GH and answer a couple of questions Here,, His Father said He'd relay the Message, So hopefully we'll get a Pop-in from Aaron!! clp clp

I think He'll probably first look in cactus and succulant thread First if you post your question there you'll have a better chance of him seeing it there first!

Aaron D Offline OP
OP Offline
BeckyB, ... what can i help you with smile smile smile

Aaron, I'm just wondering about the best way to take the pups off the parent plants? How long can they stay on the parent? I have 4 various types of broms and they all have pups. Some could come off the parent, the parent is getting pretty brown and dried out and the bract (is that the right word?) fell off. This one is Tillandsia cyanea.
Others that I have are Aechmea fasciata, Guzmania lingulata and another that I don't know what it is, maybe another Guzmania lingulata.
Can they stay on the parent till it completely dies?

Thanks for the help Aaron, and welcome back!

#76973 October 10th, 2006 at 05:56 AM
Aaron D Offline OP
OP Offline
Yea it can stay on as long as you like its a completely seperate and new plant produced asexually... it will grow its own roots too twineing through the dried up husk of the parent plant... most people like to separate them because the parent is an eye sore next to the pups... i usually trim off all foliage and the bloom spike leaving the "stump" of the parent so i dont have to worry about rerooting... let me know if you have any more questions smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard