This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76798 May 13th, 2006 at 03:04 PM
OP Offline
I'm looking to find out what this is its in a seed form and the name is Amaranth any help Thanks

#76799 May 14th, 2006 at 10:14 AM
G
G
hi there, i was curious so i googled it for you, I hope this helps

Amaranth is a tall plant with very broad leaves; it produces many thousands of tiny seeds. The leaves and the seeds are edible. The amaranth is closely related to pigweed, spinach, beets, and other plants in the goosefoot family, Chenopodiaceae. Although the amaranth is sometimes classified in the goosefoot family, it is most commonly classified in its own family, Amaranthaceae. The point of all this is that persons who tolerate spinach and beets well may do very well on the highly nutritious seeds, leaves, and flour of the amaranth. Special Foods™ amaranth flour is made from organic amaranth seeds. Amaranth flour has a pleasant, nutty taste. It makes good tasting bread, muffins, bagels, pasta, milk, imitation nut butter ,cookies, gravies, sauces, pancakes, flatbreads, doughnuts, dumplings, and who knows what else. (Recipes are supplied with the flours). ALL recipes are made without wheat or other grains, without yeast, and without milk, eggs, or sugar.

#76800 May 15th, 2006 at 06:34 AM
OP Offline
Thanks so much!!! Dee

#76801 May 15th, 2006 at 05:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
greg, thanks for posting that info!!! i recently found out that i'm allergic to wheat, so this might be an alternative for me!!

i'm not a big bread or pasta eater to begin with, still, i do like it on occassion...

Link Copied to Clipboard