This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#74082 August 23rd, 2006 at 01:35 PM
OP Offline
I cut both these hoya's back and gave to some members here and shortley after I saw bloom spurs developing on both plants. These have already bloomed once this season,, I'm guessing cutting them encouraged to get more spurs or would it have done it anyway Duh grinnnn
The plant on your right had nine in the front and 3 on the side of the window,, the plant on the left has 4 on the front and 2 on the side of the window,, this is the most they have ever bloomed at one time,, most everything outside has been scorched due to this horrid heat here,, I feel clp blessed to have blooms inside
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#74083 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:12 PM
Congrats! To be honest, the pitcher caught my attention first shocked ! I'd say you've exprienced a double blessing! Blessing one, you were able to put cuttings of something that you had extra of into others' hands, and blessing two, flowers! Those are pretty flowers...umm...a question that's not really related, are those strings that hang the pots just rope or are they a marcrame pot hanger?

#74084 August 23rd, 2006 at 02:37 PM
Those blooms are just gorgeous, angelblossom. Are we saying that cutting back hoyas encourage flower growth??

#74085 August 23rd, 2006 at 03:19 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by kennyso:
..umm...a question that's not really related, are those strings that hang the pots just rope or are they a marcrame pot hanger?
They are walmart special 2.00 macrame plant hangers Kennyso all hanging off my curtain rod !! I don't know if that rod can take any more weight on it*Gulp**Keeping my fingers crossed*

Pekemom.... I don't know if cutting them back encouraged the new bloom spurs or not..., it was more a question than a statement,, I just found it odd they developed a lot of spurs right after cutting back,, I've understood they bloom just once or twice a year but these have bloomed a total of 3 times now in the fall in the late spring and now,, thumbup

#74086 August 23rd, 2006 at 11:01 PM
Dianne, your Hoya look very happy and are rewarding you with more blooms. wink I especially like that second picture showing a close up of the flower. And since you say they smell like Chocolate, I know I must have one of these plants. I'm a life-long ChocoHolic. lol!

#74087 August 24th, 2006 at 11:04 AM
OP Offline
Rosie...... the cream and white leafed one smells like chocolate,, this particular plant also grows bubblegum pink colored leaves and has dark pink vines some of the leaves are cream and green and some solid green >> Variegated?

The other one is lightly scented not sweet tho.

#74088 August 26th, 2006 at 04:13 AM
Angelblossom

I think I have the same hoya as you do. Mine is blooming just like yours, and I think for the second time as well. I'm not sure what mine smells like, some say just a faint sweet green smell.

So rose if you are looking for the chocolate smell make sure you know for sure which hoya to get, there are so many of them.

Link Copied to Clipboard