This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#73936 April 1st, 2006 at 11:04 PM
keylime Offline OP
OP Offline
Anyone have any ideas for what to plant under in and around spreading wave petunias? The reason I want to do this is that in the summer when it's hot and dry, the petunias get ragged looking, and I was thinking that if I planted something else compatible with them that loves hot, summer weather the latter would come thru and shine during that time, and keep my bed looking great all the way til fall. The petunias are purple so a compatible color would be needed. They are also in partial shade in the afternoon so a less-than-full sun plant would be good. Was thinking maybe ganzias, but they might be too low. Thanks for any ideas!!! flw

#73937 April 2nd, 2006 at 12:53 AM
T
Official Blabber Mouth
Official Blabber Mouth
T
What about portulaca? It's short but I don't think that would be a problem because you only want them to show in the bald spots right?

#73938 April 2nd, 2006 at 02:30 AM
P
P
i love to mix it in under my taller plants.
and even though its listed as an annual,mine seem to reseed every year.
ill go out and turn the soil and plant what i want and soon ill see the little red and green seedlings come up,nice little understory effect.

#73939 April 2nd, 2006 at 08:54 PM
How about white Assylums.....I put those in my hanging basket last summer and boy was it nice.. About 6 inches tall and they fill in like crazy. They are so easy to grow..bushy types we use lots for edging.

dodge

Link Copied to Clipboard