This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#73849 July 20th, 2006 at 04:37 PM
Let the roots dangle in the water! It floats and it spreads really fast in the right conditions.... lots of sun and dont let water splash on it...it doesnt like water splashing on it like from a waterfall!... PM me with your address and I will try sending you some more. smile

#73850 July 24th, 2006 at 02:57 PM
Karrie your water garden is adorable! I think I've seen your BoBo at Wally-World too! lol

My little pond is coming along s l o w l y. lol You can't find good rock or plants around here so I guess we'll be making a trip to Jackson this wk.

Eclo if the offer is still open I would love to try water lettuce. I would defintely have to stop my bubbler tho.

#73851 July 25th, 2006 at 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have sent, successfully, water lettuce and water hyacinth by just picking the plant up out of the water, let it drain just a bit, then seal it in a ziplock freezer bag. then i put that in another freezer bag, then put it in either a bubble envelope or a box.

and, i have water lettuce that doesnt mind the bubbler, but isn't happy if it gets under the waterfall. the water hyacinth couldn't care either way!

#73852 July 25th, 2006 at 08:04 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Kimmy, I got my rock from I think it was chacktaw trucking. I paid 90 dollars for about 2 tons delivered. You can go load your own there though, and just be charged about 5 dollars per ton. No truck so I had to pay the delivery charge. Have you looked at D's nursery by Riggs? They have some rock. I cannot find any water plants here though. I am looking at ordering online. I had the worst time finding plants at all around here. The nurseries are not well stocked on much other then the basics and their color schemes are pretty pink! Daylillies were awful, if you didn't want gold, orange, or red stella's you could forget it. It seems to me most folks put in the basic shrubs from what I can tell, although their are a few beautiful colorful yards here and there.

Oh, also there is a good lil place on your way to Tiptonville, they mostly sell pipe and coverts, but I saw they had a decent supply of rocks out front too. I don't know about you but I just hate Jackson and Memphis. Thinking about trying Union City this weekend for School shopping.

Do you have any lil ones at home?

#73853 July 25th, 2006 at 08:15 AM
You know I was coming to post that I had forgot about the the nursery in Tiptonville on the way to the lake! Is that the one you're referring to? It's on the main road and has a beautiful pond set up out front. I had forgotten about that place!
Oh I hope they have something..I'm gonna look them up and call here in a bit. I'll let you know what I find out.

My hubby had priced some rock at D's (I wanted fieldstone 2 in thick) and when I went Sunday with him to check it out, all they had left was the really thick huge stuff.

I hate driving in Jackson but noting is worse than Memphis. You can get a migraine just tryin to survive the interstate there! lol

I have a 15 yr old and a 12 yr old. One is ready for school to start and the other could care less if he sees school again. lol
How old are yours?

#73854 July 26th, 2006 at 03:57 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Mine are 6 and 4. That 15 year old wouldnt be a girl would it? I need a baby sitter! lol Are they in the city schools?

#73855 July 26th, 2006 at 04:26 AM
Jakesangel...

if the offer is still open I would love to try water lettuce.
PM me with your address and I'll get some on the way smile

#73856 July 26th, 2006 at 05:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'll send water lettuce and water hyacinth also. just pm me.

#73857 July 26th, 2006 at 06:42 AM
Oh you guys are so sweet! Thank you Thank you! PM'ing now!

Karrie as a matter of fact..the 15 yr old is a girl! And she needs a job! lol My kids go to county tho.
I'm taking her for her permit today..for the 3rd time. lol Let's hope she passes it this time. *crosses fingers*

#73858 July 26th, 2006 at 06:58 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
All the luck in the world to her. What is county school for High School? My son goes to Holice Powell, so I know he is not in the city limits. I thought they all had to go to the same high school though.

We need to get together because I would offer her some part time employment. We don't go out often but I do pay good when I do. We have a nice girl who does it but she lives 35 minutes away, and its an anoying drive. I don't mind to drive 15 minutes or so to get them but that whole 35 minute drive just kinda puts a damper on going out.

#73859 July 26th, 2006 at 10:06 AM
Karrie Offline OP
OP Offline
Jiffy could I get some hyacinth ? Please, I will gladly pay shipping. If you have enough to spare. My fishies could use the shade. I have been useing a chair to sit over half the hole to shade them in so far. That and I got one of those fake water lillies, they look pathetic trying to both hide under it though.

#73860 July 26th, 2006 at 10:58 AM
Karrie I'm going to PM you. I asked her and she said she would love to babysit. thumbup

#73861 July 26th, 2006 at 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
karrie, pm me your addy

#73862 July 27th, 2006 at 07:58 AM
Karrie I got ahold of the guy in Tiptonville and he has lilies! He said he had 1 or 2 blooming now in the pond out front. He alos has the fieldstone I'm wanting but he's higher than Stanfield's.
Looks like we'll be heading out that way tomorrow!
clp

#73863 July 27th, 2006 at 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'll try to get plants in the mail this weekend. been working longer hours than usual. just be patient!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard