This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I would like to find a field guide to help me id the butterflies in the yard also (either the same guide or a 2nd guide) caterpillars.

Thanks so much!!

I have two guide books, which I enjoy very much, but they are pretty basic. At least they point me in the right direction as far as researching , then I can follow up on the internet or library. They are "Peterson First Guide to Caterpillars" and "a Golden Guide from St. Martin's Press Butterflies and Moths".

The Bird Man
The Bird Man
I was going to recommend The Golden Guide also. Starla, try eNature.com. They have online field guides for animals. plants, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects, butterflies, moths, spiders, etc., etc., etc. I use eNature to identify most of my insects, and many of my birds (although I now know most birds in my area by sight AND sound.)

OP Offline
Thanks for the recommendations! Oh and Thornius... I have spent the last 2 hrs surfing eNature.com ... not sure my dh will be thrilled over me having ANOTHER website to visit LOL! VERY interesting though!

Thanks so much!!

Butterflies Through Binoculars is wonderful.
National Audubon Society Field Guide to moths and butterflies too. I cant remember if they both include caterpillars or not.

Link Copied to Clipboard