This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
All my hydrangea plants and all my canna lily plants have lots and lots of beautiful leaves but there are no flowers blooming. My hydrangea has one.

They all bloomed last year.

It is August 16, 2006 and I have no flowers.

What is wrong? Are my flowers late bloomers?
Will they bloom in September?

I planted over 2 dozen red & yellow canna lily plants this spring and have no flowers to show, just lots and lots of big beautiful leaves. Some are minature ones.
Any ideas??

A
A
Most Hydrangeas bloom on old wood, so they develop flower buds for next year right after they bloom. A late frost in spring can often kill the buds and you get little or no flowers that year.

your cannas may still end up blooming...mine came late last year and bloomed through seot and oct.

smile

The cannas may still bloom but you are close to my zone and we had a very cool spring.

To get early blooms on my Cannas I start them in April in the house in pots. They really do not start to really grow until the ground warms up and in our zone that does not happen early most years until June.

Link Copied to Clipboard