This set of forums is an archive of our old CGI-Based forum platform (UBB.Classic) that was never imported to our current forum (UBB.threads); as such, no new postings or registrations are allowed here.

Please instead direct all questions and postings to the our current forum here.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#7305 May 13th, 2004 at 06:21 PM
Compost Queen!
OP Offline
Compost Queen!
I Need Rhubarb Recipes!!!
Got a ba~zillion of it coming in,
and mother's off galavanting in Colorado,
so, I guess I should do something with it!!

I sorta like Rhubarb with Strawberry Jello
and I had some Rhubarb pie that was to die for
last year!!

Anything else??????

Weezie

#7306 May 13th, 2004 at 07:25 PM
Weezie,
Go to epicurious.com and you will find tons of rhubarb recipe. Also in your search bar, type in rhubarb recipe and that will also net you a bunch. I made some rhubarb cobbler last night but the recipe was printed wrong in the paper and I had a nasty mess! Instead of a teaspon or whatever amount of corn starch was needed, the paper had it printed as 1/4 cup! It did ring a bell that this is probably too much but I have never made it before. Well, after smelling it bake for 45 minutes and letting it cool, I had the lumpiest damn cobbler ever! Chicken food! Good luck with yours. Rhubarb custard pie is great.

#7307 May 20th, 2004 at 09:34 PM
M
M
Ah Rhubarb season! I did a Google search for rhubarb recipes and got many many wonderful ideas. I made a really yummmy juice where you cook down the rhubarb with some water, and add o.j. and lemonjuice and sugar and then add it to like a gingerale or something. It was very tastey. I would reduce the sugar in most of the recipes because I like my rhubarb tart...
I think I will have to go to the Marktplatz Saturday morning and get some more rhubarb. mmmmmm
Have fun!

wavey
Amie

#7308 May 21st, 2004 at 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
:p Weezie, sorry we can't help you. Neither of us like's the stuff. frown It is YUCKY !!!! Phil say's he could send you some. laugh Never could eat the stuff.. :p :p :p Laura

Link Copied to Clipboard